Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:01 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

OFN is actually making me boring....I want to do something invent another new word would better than crap "OFN" word. That's it.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:03 PM   #32
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yes, preferably a 30 word text

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:06 PM   #33
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
allright, let me explain.

It *really* sucks when you find think you have found something something really cool and can't wait to post it, expecting all hail for your brutal post only to find out that the first post is 'ofn' posted by someone who should spent a little less time behind the screen and find out your awewomese thread is already destroyed because of those 3 letters 'o f n'

OFN = OFN . I propose -20 rep for every OFN comment

Also an important factor, The OFN comment is utterly useless, pointless, and annoying ...
It's called netiquette. If you can't take the time to look and see if something's been posted already, then you don't deserve any response that takes more time than OFN.

If it's new to you, why should the FOLLOWING COMMENTS have any impact on your ability to enjoy something?

Sounds like you place too much of your self esteem in the hands of others.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:09 PM   #34
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
OFN is actually making me boring....I want to do something invent another new word would better than crap "OFN" word. That's it.
List of international OFNs:
German - Alte ****ing Nachrichten
Arabic - الاستغلال القديمة الاخ
Chinese - 老他妈的新闻
French - Vieilles nouvelles foutues
Italian - Vecchie notizie ****ing
Japanese - 古いとてもニュース
Korean - 오래된 지독한 뉴스
Portugese - Notícia do caralho velha
Russian - Да Старые новости
Spanish - Viejas noticias de mierda

Arabic and Chinese look especially good to me
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:17 PM   #35
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
It's called netiquette. If you can't take the time to look and see if something's been posted already, then you don't deserve any response that takes more time than OFN.

If it's new to you, why should the FOLLOWING COMMENTS have any impact on your ability to enjoy something?

Sounds like you place too much of your self esteem in the hands of others.
k

*backs away*

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:18 PM   #36
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu666 View Post
List of international OFNs:
Arabic - الاستغلال القديمة الاخ
Chinese - 老他妈的新闻
French - Vieilles nouvelles foutues
Italian - Vecchie notizie ****ing
Japanese - 古いとてもニュース
Korean - 오래된 지독한 뉴스
Portugese - Notícia do caralho velha
Russian - Да Старые новости
Spanish - Viejas noticias de mierda

Arabic and Chinese look especially good to me
I like Italian
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:26 PM   #37
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

dude, that post above was sarcasm !

You don't post ofn because of somebody not using the proper 'net etiquette', saying that is pretty lame .

At least admit that you post ofn because you want to tell everybody you know everyithing that is on the internet already .

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:38 PM   #38
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

i propose a round of valium and blood pressure pills for everyone in this thread.

if i post something new to me, and someone posts OFN, who cares?

and if i see something for the 2847th time, i just hit the back button.

everyone should be like me
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
I remember when movies had plots and video games didn't.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:41 PM   #39
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I OFN just to use these spiffy pics.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:47 PM   #40
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoko View Post

everyone should be like me

I wanna be like Ryoko??? Does'nt really sing like "I wanna be like Mike".

Hmm....Ryoko....Mike...

Mike Ryoko

(probably before your time)

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:26 PM   #41
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu666 View Post
Thats not very german...

I would translate OFN to "Verdammt alte Nachrichten / Neuigkeiten"...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:35 PM   #42
Nosferatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_A_D View Post
Thats not very german...

I would translate OFN to "Verdammt alte Nachrichten / Neuigkeiten"...
I know, all translations are provided by Google, so...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:42 PM   #43
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I wanna be like Ryoko??? Does'nt really sing like "I wanna be like Mike".

Hmm....Ryoko....Mike...

Mike Ryoko

[IMAGE]

(probably before your time)
lol no, not before my time, but worth some +rep nonetheless
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
I remember when movies had plots and video games didn't.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 05:04 PM   #44
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Hordsak is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
over-react much?

You two should hook up

What is it with you anti-OFN Nazis anyway? You guys are more vicious than any OFN Nazi. Get that? Your behavior is worse than that of those you are railing against.

Hypocrites
It's because half of your 16k worth of posts, are the three letters OFN that you spam repeatedly.
Secondly, it would be more amicable to omit 'OFN' and like phrases which appear to carry some sort of inter-pragmatic content designed to be offensive, jarring, chastising, or otherwise infelicitous in a manner contextually relevant. If it's just that it's old or old news to you, go find something else to read.
Any Violators of Filburts rule will be reported by me.
Hordsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:09 PM   #45
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
over-react much?

You two should hook up

What is it with you anti-OFN Nazis anyway? You guys are more vicious than any OFN Nazi. Get that? Your behavior is worse than that of those you are railing against.

Hypocrites
No, not over-reacting, simply calling it like it is...

Sorry to see you cope by projection...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:13 PM   #46
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

People post it to maximize their post counts perhaps?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:51 PM   #47
Soulkrusha
Radeon Arctic Islands

Soulkrusha is still being judged by the masses

i dont anymore. it used to be funny a long time ago but nowadays it just seems dickish.
Soulkrusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:11 PM   #48
Nosferatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
People post it to maximize their post counts perhaps?
OFN, if I ever heard one
Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:41 PM   #49
Filburt
Attorney at lol

Filburt is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Okay, since the concern seems to be over a felicitous forum environment (as Shaidar seems to insist), let's try a new approach.

If you see something that is old, and you *must* to comment on it being old, find the thread and post it and inform the OP that it's been posted recently. This might be something like there are two threads of the same topic on the first page, although this is not including accidental incidents such as double-posts, or other things considered outside the purview of repost concerns. Please consider first whether this is truly accomplishing an improvement in the quality of the forum or thread before doing this; it is not an action encumbent upon you. If you have to go searching around to find the last thread on it because it hasn't made the rounds in a while, don't bother posting that it's old news unless we're having a problem with the same thing being reposted frequently or otherwise in some manner which may generally be regarded as infelicitous. If someone has already informed the OP of the other thread, don't post it again to produce a series of posts on the matter in the thread. Follow your own advice about searching, and do so before posting such things (e.g. what I described, and those things which may reasonably be construed as similar in form, purpose, or inter-pragmatic [what some describe as semantic] content) in a thread that already has a post on it. Secondly, it would be more amicable to omit 'OFN' and like phrases which appear to carry some sort of inter-pragmatic content designed to be offensive, jarring, chastising, or otherwise infelicitous in a manner contextually relevant. If it's just that it's old or old news to you, go find something else to read.

The italian equivalent for OFN might be something like queste notize è di vecchia merda or porca vecchie notizie.

Or something like that; I don't know. Maybe Prozac or WhoKnows can translate it better than I since they hear le parolacce more often than I.
"I think Filburt especially shouldn't even have a sig :bleh:" - Kombatant
Filburt is offline   Reply With Quote