Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 15, 2020, 04:37 AM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Gave up on spear. Got it to like lvl 25, not feeling it. Went to dual blades. MUCH better. Still like the Odachi better, but they don’t make me constantly feel like I’m running a marathon with cement shoes on (aka no stamina).

What level do you have to be to go beyond +2? I’m 163’ish and am stuck with a bunch of +2 garbage
Soul match at the blacksmith. +2 and a +2 give a +3 and so on. Matching like items costs less. And through the dialogue option you can use patronage points (earned from soul matching) to lower the cost with her grandfather.

Armor is the same.

She explains inheritables through dialogue as well. If you have an inheritable on one weapon or armor piece you like, you can transfer that to another piece.

You can also forge perks, like lower ki usage under the forge option.

Under remodeling you can change which stats your weapon scales off of. You can also refine and toughen your armor.

You'll need lots of gold. I sell everything that's not green, or that doesn't have at least a +1. You can also sell tea sets you aren't using after they get appraised at the hidden teahouse. Those will net you huge amounts of gold.

Hope that helps.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2020, 06:50 PM   #392
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Nioh 2's first DLC is days away, so here's a look at the new Splitstaff weapon

Quote:
Ahead of Nioh 2's first DLC release, Team Ninja briefly showed off a new weapon type called the Splitstaff. It would look right at home in Ninja Gaiden, which means it's probably going to be a blast.

The Tengu's Disciple, the first of three DLC chapters, releases on July 30. Are you leveled and ready? Further details will be shared on July 29 during a Japanese live stream at 5:00 a.m. Pacific.

Team Ninja's DLC plan for Nioh 2 is following a similar path as the first game – expect to see new stories, yokai, Guardian Spirits, gear pieces, that sorta stuff – which is fine by me. After going hard on the game and taking a recent break, "new difficulty levels and end-game content" sounds ideal.

I should pick up the pace in Ghost of Tsushima, but I love getting distracted in the open world.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2020, 07:52 PM   #393
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I need to complete the main mission in Ghost...very ready for this one though.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 29, 2020, 02:51 PM   #394
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Nioh 2 patch 1.11 dropped. New mission type - scroll missions! Looks good, will play it tonight and wait for the DLC drop tomorrow

https://mp1st.com/news/nioh-2-update...-disciple-more
Old Jul 30, 2020, 04:21 AM   #395
Lazy8s
One day at a time

There's already yt vids of players beating the DLC and even though PS confirms I've purchased it, I still can't access it. Still showing locked. No bueno.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 05:46 AM   #396
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
There's already yt vids of players beating the DLC and even though PS confirms I've purchased it, I still can't access it. Still showing locked. No bueno.
Haha, already vids of it being beaten? Damn people are fast. Oof, that's no good. Hopefully something changes for you soon and it unlocks.

I gotta derust and get back in the swing of things, at least I have to rush to work so hopefully my copy unlocks by the time I'm back.

Old Jul 30, 2020, 05:58 AM   #397
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Haha, already vids of it being beaten? Damn people are fast. Oof, that's no good. Hopefully something changes for you soon and it unlocks.

I gotta derust and get back in the swing of things, at least I have to rush to work so hopefully my copy unlocks by the time I'm back.
Yeah they're crazy fast lol. I'm just jealous I got it unlocked. I had to navigate to the actual DLC store page and navigate to download. Took about a second.

I haven't started the DLC yet, just leveled up from all the saved amrita I had and jumped into Dream of the Demon. Already have a few weapons 170 > 170.8 about 5 minutes in.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:49 AM   #398
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yeah they're crazy fast lol. I'm just jealous I got it unlocked. I had to navigate to the actual DLC store page and navigate to download. Took about a second.

I haven't started the DLC yet, just leveled up from all the saved amrita I had and jumped into Dream of the Demon. Already have a few weapons 170 > 170.8 about 5 minutes in.
Nice. Didn't know they're going +8 now a days. Yeah, I haven't played it with my old char yet, hell I didn't even finish NG+ with her. Which is a shame, but with the DLC I should be ramping back into things. Just hopped on like 20 minutes ago and derusting with a new char with the new Split Staff. Holy lawly this thing is fun. Scales with Magic Major and Minor Courage and Str. Meaning, I might be emulating my old magic build with this thing as the primary and Tonfa/Switchglaive secondaries. Gives me an even greater reason to make a Magic based build this time around. One of the first ki pulse skills with quick stance is a pole vault maneuver into any direction your stick is pressed. So forward, back or side to side. Doesn't do dmg like the Odachi pole vault skill, but it's fun to jump around with it.

Oh well, time to jump back into the first mission and see how it performs throughout. Haven't beat Mezuki first time around this time, but I'm also using phantom GS and the timing on this thing kills me. Let alone the "if your one mm off they just glance off you instead of a full counter".

Edit: Also Ghost of Tsushima learned behavior is messing with me. Keep wanting to parry right before an attack to get that sweet sweet perfect attack. Which... doesn't work in Nioh 2.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Jul 31, 2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:55 AM   #399
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Nice. Didn't know they're going +8 now a days. Yeah, I haven't played it with my old char yet, hell I didn't even finish NG+ with her. Which is a shame, but with the DLC I should be ramping back into things. Just hopped on like 20 minutes ago and derusting with a new char with the new Split Staff. Holy lawly this thing is fun. Scales with Magic Major and Minor Courage and Str. Meaning, I might be emulating my old magic build with this thing as the primary and Tonfa/Switchglaive secondaries. Gives me an even greater reason to make a Magic based build this time around. One of the first ki pulse skills with quick stance is a pole vault maneuver into any direction your stick is pressed. So forward, back or side to side. Doesn't do dmg like the Odachi pole vault skill, but it's fun to jump around with it.

Oh well, time to jump back into the first mission and see how it performs throughout. Haven't beat Mezuki first time around this time, but I'm also using phantom GS and the timing on this thing kills me. Let alone the "if your one mm off they just glance off you instead of a full counter".
There's a new brute GS. I'm using that with the turkey as secondary and just wrecking things, even in Dream of the Demon. I think they increased the drop rate for high level divine gear...I got a 170 +11 off of Enenra

I also have a 170 +13 split staff that I want to couple with my switch glaive, also a 170 +13, for a new magic build later. And I think I'm going to hold off on the DLC until Dream of the Demon. I jumped in Dream of the Strong and there is zero challenge.

Dream of the Demon is very nicely scaled though. Yatsu is actually challenging again
Old Aug 2, 2020, 07:37 AM   #400
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Anyone playing this, the DLC is decent, but nowhere near that epic battle field scene from the first games DLC. Not bad though.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 09:09 AM   #401
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Anyone playing this, the DLC is decent, but nowhere near that epic battle field scene from the first games DLC. Not bad though.
Still all up in GoT. I may not get to this before Avengers comes out

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:19 AM   #402
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not yet. I just finished Yatsu on the new Magic/Split Staff char though and am running around with a Tengu split staff. It's pretty fun. If you hold the button you do wide sweeps with the staff chain bits.

Kinda interested in those Scrolls things I read about. Is it just kinda like a random dungeon a la Chalice Dungeons from Blood Borne?

Still not sure if I should just jump onto the OG char and respec for it, or just have two chars. Ugh, why do respecs cost money and how much do they top out at?

Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:13 PM   #403
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Not yet. I just finished Yatsu on the new Magic/Split Staff char though and am running around with a Tengu split staff. It's pretty fun. If you hold the button you do wide sweeps with the staff chain bits.

Kinda interested in those Scrolls things I read about. Is it just kinda like a random dungeon a la Chalice Dungeons from Blood Borne?

Still not sure if I should just jump onto the OG char and respec for it, or just have two chars. Ugh, why do respecs cost money and how much do they top out at?
The scrolls are solo battles facing various enemies and the scroll itself can be equipped like any accessory to give you more perks after you beat each one. Keep an eye out for revenant graves that have a whitish/red glow - those guys are carrying more scrolls.

On the respec - you mean dojo weapon skill respecs? I think 90k is the highest I've seen so far, I think....it's been a while. I only have 3-4 skills I really use and dump the rest into mastery...I'm about halfway through the Demon difficulty, but just doing mostly main missions, or whatever is needed to unlock the next region. Weapons and armor drops are insanely good for some reason.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:28 PM   #404
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The scrolls are solo battles facing various enemies and the scroll itself can be equipped like any accessory to give you more perks after you beat each one. Keep an eye out for revenant graves that have a whitish/red glow - those guys are carrying more scrolls.

On the respec - you mean dojo weapon skill respecs? I think 90k is the highest I've seen so far, I think....it's been a while. I only have 3-4 skills I really use and dump the rest into mastery...I'm about halfway through the Demon difficulty, but just doing mostly main missions, or whatever is needed to unlock the next region. Weapons and armor drops are insanely good for some reason.
Oh, that's kinda... underwhelming. Maybe the perks are good though so we'll see. Woulda been cool to see something like the Chalice Dungeons. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for them either way. Could be fun/interesting.

Nope, not the Weapon skill one. The Book of Reincarnation respec so I can redo my Stats and have my Odachi/Tank build, then have a Magic/Split built, etc with the same character, but it looks like the Book tops out at like 5k glory from hidden Tea House or 1 million gold from black smith. Either way, kinda spendy.

Old Aug 2, 2020, 02:52 PM   #405
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh, that's kinda... underwhelming. Maybe the perks are good though so we'll see. Woulda been cool to see something like the Chalice Dungeons. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for them either way. Could be fun/interesting.

Nope, not the Weapon skill one. The Book of Reincarnation respec so I can redo my Stats and have my Odachi/Tank build, then have a Magic/Split built, etc with the same character, but it looks like the Book tops out at like 5k glory from hidden Tea House or 1 million gold from black smith. Either way, kinda spendy.
Just save your built at the hut. If you keep all the equipment, you'll be able to switch to multiple builds without having to respec again. Much easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7l-C3S5lMU
Old Aug 2, 2020, 06:08 PM   #406
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Just save your built at the hut. If you keep all the equipment, you'll be able to switch to multiple builds without having to respec again. Much easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7l-C3S5lMU
Yeah, I know I should probably get into the actual build thing. Just don't know how prohibitive paying for Books is gonna be if I get all flip floppy and keep switching.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 08:51 PM   #407
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah, I know I should probably get into the actual build thing. Just don't know how prohibitive paying for Books is gonna be if I get all flip floppy and keep switching.
I just tried a respec to let me wear heavier armor...still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm back at the Mausoleum, DoTD. Alternately wrecking and getting wrecked. There's much less room for mistakes, but it's so satisfying when I win.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 08:15 PM   #408
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Anyone still playing this?

I just cleared Dream of the Demon, main game. Lots of level 170 +12 weapon/armor drops, and higher with level 180 soul cores dropping rarely also.

I'm going to clear The Tengu's Disciple on DoTD next, probably with a lot of co-op. Level 380 and it's pretty grueling, but so satisfying to clear.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 04:42 PM   #409
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I just tried a respec to let me wear heavier armor...still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm back at the Mausoleum, DoTD. Alternately wrecking and getting wrecked. There's much less room for mistakes, but it's so satisfying when I win.
Depending on the armor too you can get like 4/5 pieces and still get Blue Toughness with Green Agility as well with only like 50 stam or so.

Ugh I broke down and respecced into Magic/Str with a little in Stam for the equip weight / health as my clan gives more health from Stam than Constitution. Not sure how I like it. Nice to be able to use magic like candy though. Might go back to the old build and just run the new Split Staff char. Just feels "off" for me to go a completely different route with my char.

Quote:
Anyone still playing this?

I just cleared Dream of the Demon, main game. Lots of level 170 +12 weapon/armor drops, and higher with level 180 soul cores dropping rarely also.

I'm going to clear The Tengu's Disciple on DoTD next, probably with a lot of co-op. Level 380 and it's pretty grueling, but so satisfying to clear.
I'll probably get back into it this weekend. One more day of work left of my 10 days on. Between the work and it being so damn hot lately I just kinda veg out in front of a fan and don't really do much afterwards. Just don't know if I should plow through the DLC on normal difficulty or work my way up in Way of the Strong and do it there.

I'm dreading having to sort through my cores. I've boosted my core drop rate too damn much and they take up inventory space. Nice to be able to use them as health pickups though.

Old Aug 12, 2020, 06:51 PM   #410
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Depending on the armor too you can get like 4/5 pieces and still get Blue Toughness with Green Agility as well with only like 50 stam or so.
Yep, I decided to go with the Valiant Wanderer Tonfa Set. Set bonuses for the complete set are really good, and I just need the bow or the helmet to run 6 pieces.

Quote:
Ugh I broke down and respecced into Magic/Str with a little in Stam for the equip weight / health as my clan gives more health from Stam than Constitution. Not sure how I like it. Nice to be able to use magic like candy though. Might go back to the old build and just run the new Split Staff char. Just feels "off" for me to go a completely different route with my char.
I actually did something similar and just couldn't get it to feel right. In other words I was getting my ass handed to me It did help me decide between magic or ninjutsu though. Magic all the way with just a couple ninja type items.

Quote:
I'll probably get back into it this weekend. One more day of work left of my 10 days on. Between the work and it being so damn hot lately I just kinda veg out in front of a fan and don't really do much afterwards. Just don't know if I should plow through the DLC on normal difficulty or work my way up in Way of the Strong and do it there.

I'm dreading having to sort through my cores. I've boosted my core drop rate too damn much and they take up inventory space. Nice to be able to use them as health pickups though.
I'm out on short term disability and have too much time on my hands lol. I have all DLC beat but for a couple of missions DoTD and am just hitting the torii gate, leveling up a bunch of stuff to play with later...meh, there are worse ways to spend my time