Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 4, 2011, 01:23 PM   #3151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

AMD Quad-Buffer SDK

Quote:
This SDK allows developers to access AMD’s Quad-Buffer API to support stereoscopic 3D displays that require frame sequential or frame packed format input using custom DirectX 9,10, and 11 extensions.

http://developer.amd.com/sdks/QuadBu...s/default.aspx
Old Aug 7, 2011, 02:26 PM   #3152
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:23 PM   #3153
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I just wish they would hurry up and make a unified 3D standard that all hardware can use, I dont care if 3D vision gets burnt as long as the results are just as good.

If they added Quad buffer support to all games in a DX12 spec etc that would mean there is no need for 3D vision, iZ3D, Tri-Def etc. correct?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:08 AM   #3154
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

PC GAMER Confirms 3D Support & Improved PhysX in Arkham City

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4249
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:17 PM   #3155
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm going to buy one of those Samsung monitors with the built in HDTV tuner tomorrow. Will see what Nvidia is able to do on it, but apart from that I'm going to use it for a PS3/3DTV in my bedroom plus a bit of 120hz gaming, while keeping my ASUS for real 3D vision.
I've heard Nvidia and any other video card before 5000 series is able to do 960x1080p side by side 3D, plus its 2D > 3D conversion may be ok for games with no or poor 3D vision support. It works with no performance hit or vsync afaik, although I'm sure it will be crap... but people are saying its better than what they expected.

Anyway I'll grab one and give it a whirl (tax return woo) and if its crap I'll return it and grab the Acer 3D 27".
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:19 PM   #3156
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
I'm going to buy one of those Samsung monitors with the built in HDTV tuner tomorrow. Will see what Nvidia is able to do on it, but apart from that I'm going to use it for a PS3/3DTV in my bedroom plus a bit of 120hz gaming, while keeping my ASUS for real 3D vision.
I've heard Nvidia and any other video card before 5000 series is able to do 960x1080p side by side 3D, plus its 2D > 3D conversion may be ok for games with no or poor 3D vision support. It works with no performance hit or vsync afaik, although I'm sure it will be crap... but people are saying its better than what they expected.

Anyway I'll grab one and give it a whirl (tax return woo) and if its crap I'll return it and grab the Acer 3D 27".
I can't wait to hear your impressions on the Samsung.

Good luck
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:32 PM   #3157
demo
space cadet

Actually I have a machine here with a 5850 in it so I'll give that a run aswell, I also have a 6970 that I can borrow, will be interesting to see how the same games with 3D vision and with samsung/AMD/DDD tri def (whatever the f_ck mess you need to use) compare.

edit/engrish
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:36 PM   #3158
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Actually I have a machine here with a 5850 in it so I'll give that a run aswell, I also have a 6970 that I can borrow, will be interesting to see how the same games with 3D vision and with samsung/AMD/DDD tri def (whatever the f_ck mess you need to use) compare.

edit/engrish
I would love to hear more about these methods from someone experienced with 3d vision and I'm sure that I'm not alone.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:53 PM   #3159
demo
space cadet

In that case you would need to ask Pauly because I'm a n00b, but I'll thrash it out anyway and see what happens.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:49 PM   #3160
demo
space cadet

So um, does anyone know if the "T" (HDTV tuner) model Samsung screens actually support 120hz..? cause I'm hearing they dont..
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:05 PM   #3161
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Hey, I'm tickled that there is 3d stereo awareness from nVidia and AMD now to some degree. After reading so many excuses not to use 3d stereo and why it is a gimmick, well, it's nice to see powerful players get behind it.

It can't improve if no one is behind it. Sure, it has hurdles to over-come but the raw potential is there.

Personally never tried IZ3d or DDD software and Exposed offered some nice posts on the strengths of IZ3d.

My only nit-pick with 3d vision is really a desire to have more flexibility with convergence -- maybe some presets for convergence and dynamic convergence focus features would be neat -- if it is even possible.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3162
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

One option that I would love to have with 3d vision is to have a few more options one the 3d vision crosshair. I'm not sure why there aren't more options than the default red circle. It would also be nice to adjust the separation on the crosshair in games where its static, like Unreal.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:16 PM   #3163
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Hey, I'm tickled that there is 3d stereo awareness from nVidia and AMD now to some degree. After reading so many excuses not to use 3d stereo and why it is a gimmick, well, it's nice to see powerful players get behind it.

It can't improve if no one is behind it. Sure, it has hurdles to over-come but the raw potential is there.

Personally never tried IZ3d or DDD software and Exposed offered some nice posts on the strengths of IZ3d.

My only nit-pick with 3d vision is really a desire to have more flexibility with convergence -- maybe some presets for convergence and dynamic convergence focus features would be neat -- if it is even possible.
Yes yes, strengths, shines, flexibility and moving foward.. but do you know if the "T" model Samsungs support 120hz?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
One option that I would love to have with 3d vision is to have a few more options one the 3d vision crosshair. I'm not sure why there aren't more options than the default red circle. It would also be nice to adjust the separation on the crosshair in games where its static, like Unreal.
Agreed.. the default Nvidia crosshairs are nub imo. You get the option of a giant square, giant triangle, giant octogon or something but no simple tiny dot. Actually I think there is a dot but it's huge.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:13 PM   #3164
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

From my understanding, the new Samsung monitors support dual DVI 120hz but are proprietary to Samsung and their glasses and use DDD software. Samsung offers an innovative way of doing 3d stereo and suppose to reduce crosstalk.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:25 PM   #3165
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Last edited by SIrPauly : Aug 10, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:11 PM   #3166
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/t27a750/

It looks like the T monitors are 120hz but doesn't support 3d vision, no dual dvi, and looks to run 3d over HDMI. I don't know how the DDD software will handle nVidia graphics card with this monitor and believe one may have to use Samsung glasses here as well. I don't know.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:24 PM   #3167
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/p...ype=prd_detail

Quote:
With 1.5x better brightness, the TA950 Extreme 3D Experience is ready to open your eyes to stunning new visuals. Utilising Samsung built-in emitter and 3D Active Glasses, images appear more vibrant and noticeably brighter. Other advancements that set the Samsung HDTV Monitor TA950 apart from other monitors are the panel backlight, which activates only when the Shutter is closed. Thus optimising the 3D Experience and also saving on energy output.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:31 PM   #3168
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

It's a shame that these monitors are not 3d vision ready -- a lot of innovation in these displays from Samsung. Samsung must like their technology; as they're leveraging their glasses and monitor tech for potential customers.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:38 PM   #3169
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

IF I was an AMD owner -- would be all over these monitors -- that's for sure. It's good to see quality choice for AMD owners. Will see what AMD delivers next generation.

Last edited by SIrPauly : Aug 10, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:59 PM   #3170
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
IF I was an AMD owner -- would be all over these monitors -- that's for sure. It's good to see quality choice for AMD owners. Will see what AMD delivers next generation.
I agree, it seems like a solid option. I would love to see how one of these performs in person.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:48 PM   #3171
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I made some of my own crosshairs to replace the more idiotic ones they give us, like the eyeballs for instance. I made a red dot, green dot, white dot, and small red cross. These do their job and are a lot less intrusive than the ones currently available.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=195958
Arioch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:50 PM   #3172
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

FYI, there is a 1.35 hotfix patch out that finally fixes the 3D Vision with the Witcher 2. You can't alt-tab out of the game or it will break shadows, but we finally get working shadows with no more indoor performance issues.
Arioch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:58 AM   #3173
demo
space cadet

Ok after looking around everywhere it seems the T models do not support 120hz 2D, which is a shame.

I went down to the store and after looking at an s27a950D in person I just wasnt that impressed, at the end of the day its just an expensive TN panel with no 3D vision support or TV tuner.. So I bought a 40" 3D LED instead to go side by side with my ASUS
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:47 AM   #3174
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I don't understand how the panel can't have 120hz.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:51 AM   #3175
demo
space cadet

Ok so 3D vision and 3DTV play are 2 totally different beasts, what looks good on one doesnt necessarily look good on the other.

Anyway after a bit of messing around I've found that console ports with 3D support look amazing on the TV like Batman, Crysis2, CoD Black ops etc. Running them at 720p is no where near as bad as I would have thought. I also force 4x downsampling and 32xCSAA + 4xtrSSAA + 16xAF. It looks really damn good with all the post processing and high IQ of the LED TV. SC2 though as you might imagin was terrible on the TV and is far better in 3D on my 23" ASUS.

Crosstalk is almost non existent when sitting at a reasonable distance of ~2 meters away and the Samsung glasses are far brighter than the Nvidia glasses which is a massive bonus in my books. I can barely tell when they are activated as they hardly tint the glass at all.

Pop out on a screen this size is sweet, stuff floating a good meter out of the screen in the middle on my room LOL.

Anyway I thought it was kinda meh at first, but after messing around and tweaking I'm finding it's really awesome.

Last edited by demo : Aug 11, 2011 at 08:57 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:55 AM   #3176
demo
space cadet

Quote:
I don't understand how the panel can't have 120hz.
The TV model (T27a950D) only has 60hz inputs. Pretty sure it only has composite and HDMI.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:10 AM   #3177
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

One can't use 120hz in 2 at 720p with HDMI?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:28 AM   #3178
demo
space cadet

No idea, I wouldnt use 720p in 2D on a 1080p monitor I sit close to. BTW the scaling is very good on the 3DTV, it doesnt seem to blur like using non native res on a PC monitor.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:38 AM   #3179
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I'm just so surprised that a monitor with so many goodies like the T monitors wouldn't have dual DVI but at least they created the S monitors.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:52 AM   #3180
demo
space cadet

Yer well thats the thing, if the T model supported 120hz 2D I would have bought it, I really wanted the TV tuner. But really its just small, expensive 3DTV, so why not pay a few hundered more and get a real 3DTV with superior post processing, scaling and size? 27" to 40" and better IQ for $300 is a no brainer imo.