Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 30, 2004, 11:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
TopoGeigeo
Da Mouse, Huzaa!

TopoGeigeo is still being judged by the masses

Default Tribes Vengance Renderings

Can you say high res!!

http://www.tribalwar.com/media/index.php?catid=13

(click the image, and then at the top click the "click here for high res version"
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:55 PM   #2
MadMartigan
Radeon Southern Islands

MadMartigan is still being judged by the masses

Hmm..Irrational now works on sequels to FreedomForce, Tribes and Swat..if they will manage to make games at least as good as previous games from those series(and i`m counting they they will be much better) then IG will quickly become one of my favorite developers Now..if only they could make SystemShock3

Plus..the more I hear about Thief3 the more I think that it would be better if Irrational would be the one making it, not ION
MadMartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:58 PM   #3
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Such a shame Tribes 3 seems to be a horribly raped, dumbed down version of the great series.

"We aim to simplify the gameplay in order to make it more accessible".

Read:

Take everything that makes the game a Tribes and turn it into another Quake/UT-clone with minimal brain involved.

Or perhaps I'm just an old cynic.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 30, 2004, 01:17 PM   #4
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by daPhoenix
Such a shame Tribes 3 seems to be a horribly raped, dumbed down version of the great series.

"We aim to simplify the gameplay in order to make it more accessible".

Read:

Take everything that makes the game a Tribes and turn it into another Quake/UT-clone with minimal brain involved.

Or perhaps I'm just an old cynic.
From what I have seen from the vids it doesn't look like it will be loosing anything of importance. Something to remember is the game is suppost to be based in the past so not every thing will be there from previous games(limited number of packs this time around for instance)

But I still think it is going to be a good Tribes game at this point

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 01:33 PM   #5
TopoGeigeo
Da Mouse, Huzaa!

TopoGeigeo is still being judged by the masses

THey did dumb thing down a bit, like when your jet packing, in the old tribes you couldn't move in the air unless you were jetting, in the new one you will have a little bit of mobility in the air without the pack.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 01:53 PM   #6
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Is it just me or do some of the models look like transformers?
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 06:02 PM   #7
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

EDIT:

The date in the picture is wrong btw, should be Feb 1, 2004.

Last edited by daPhoenix : Apr 30, 2004 at 06:05 PM.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 06:06 PM   #8
Puterguru
Thank a Soldier

Puterguru is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Unrealsword
Is it just me or do some of the models look like transformers?
Yes they sure do to me too, not saying thats a bad thing but they Do look like Transformers.
This question of ‘What will they think of us?’ is a paralyzing question. If you go through life asking what everyone will think of you, you're finished.” Rush Limbaugh

My pretty-girl allies stick out like a sore thumb amongst the corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons they call "women" at the Democratic National Convention. - Ann Coulter
Puterguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 07:39 PM   #9
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Meh more control in the air would make sence consider what the jetpacks look like now so that doesn't bother me toooo much.

But the reason things are so blocky and chunky is because we are in the past this time. So the suits and vechiles are not as sleek and high tech as those in previous Tribes games(we are also not at the ridge edge of no where either this time. But in the empire ever so lightly mention in StarSiege I beleave)

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Apr 30, 2004 at 07:44 PM.
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote