Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:19 PM   #3271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sometimes developers don't focus on the quality with in game filtering and since Destiny 2 was mentioned in this thread, using the forced x16 filtering improved the quality dramatically compared to in game filtering.

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-10/...en_per_treiber
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:32 PM   #3272
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Sometimes developers don't focus on the quality with in game filtering and since Destiny 2 was mentioned in this thread, using the forced x16 filtering improved the quality dramatically compared to in game filtering.

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-10/...en_per_treiber
I understand. I think one can still use RadeonPro if one wants to force things like that but I haven't used that in years. I don't miss it.

I know Nvidia has more flexibility but time will tell if these things will matter anymore.

There is also AMD's Virtual Super Resolution which is great for old titles.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:51 PM   #3273
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I think this might be the answer.
That was a joke.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2020, 09:41 AM   #3274
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That was a joke.
Of course. It's your post.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 07:28 PM   #3275
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Now its official, the hunt is over.....
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 07:50 PM   #3276
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Congrats dude!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 08:06 PM   #3277
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Congrats dude!
Seconded.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 08:21 PM   #3278
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Now its official, the hunt is over.....
there is already a porch pirate bot hiding in your front yard

have fun with it

i'm sure it will warm your heart ......

.......... and all other parts of your body
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 09:05 PM   #3279
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
there is already a porch pirate bot hiding in your front yard

have fun with it

i'm sure it will warm your heart ......

.......... and all other parts of your body

I hope so, Its going to cut down on my heating bills. Its cold here in the north today. Instead of calling you in for service, I will be calling Nvidia for my heating needs.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 09:06 PM   #3280
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Congrats dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Seconded.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:08 PM   #3281
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nice Nascar24. All you gays getting your cards meanwhile I have to wait for triple shipping lol.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:34 PM   #3282
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Nice Nascar24. All you gays getting your cards meanwhile I have to wait for triple shipping lol.
I think 4 people have them on this forum now. I wouldn't say, "all you gays".
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:17 PM   #3283
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Probably won’t have it till Wednesday or Thursday.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:06 AM   #3284
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Probably won’t have it till Wednesday or Thursday.
what no next day air ?

so you don't have to open the box till after AMD's presentation

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:09 AM   #3285
KAC
That postcount though...

Already found a buyer for my Zotac 3090 for 2200 bucks. . I wasn't even trying.
Also got a buyer for my 2080 for 465 bucks.

Seems like my 3080 might be a free upgrade. Welcome to Dubai.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:12 AM   #3286
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Already found a buyer for my Zotac 3090 for 2200 bucks. . I wasn't even trying.
Also got a buyer for my 2080 for 465 bucks.

Seems like my 3080 might be a free upgrade. Welcome to Dubai.

Dude
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:14 AM   #3287
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Dude
Haha. Don't worry you are my first priority. I have no intention of scalping.
This is called a fallback plan if you come to your senses and no longer want a Zotac 3090.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:22 AM   #3288
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Zotac 3090 in stock here. Must. Not. Buy.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:24 AM   #3289
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Zotac 3090 in stock here. Must. Not. Buy.
Seems they fixed the power issues and moved on from 220 caps to 330 caps in the newer Tech Yes City reviews which I believe is a Kangaroo hugger.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:32 AM   #3290
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeh but I have no idea if the advertised cards are revised versions. Also, very limited selection of water blocks for the Zotac and I heard the Gigabyte OC BIOS doesn't play nice with it either (limited to 340W or something)

On another note, I saw water blocks have been released for Gigabyte Gaming OC, with custom 8 pin extensions which is nice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

EDIT/ Link not working for some reason, bleh

Last edited by demo : Oct 26, 2020 at 02:42 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:49 AM   #3291
demo
space cadet

Now the Gaming OC and Ventus OC are in stock..

Knowing my luck, I'd grab one and AMD will beat it a day later for half the price.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:36 AM   #3292
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Now the Gaming OC and Ventus OC are in stock..

Knowing my luck, I'd grab one and AMD will beat it a day later for half the price.
Wait!!! Ffs....just wait!!!

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:02 AM   #3293
KAC
That postcount though...

Only gays wait. Real men already have the cards.
demo don’t be that Aussie gay. Ventus is a safe bet tbh out of the 3 especially with a block.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:04 AM   #3294
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Only gays wait. Real men already have the cards.
demo don’t be that Aussie gay.
Didn’t you wait to buy a Turing card?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:05 AM   #3295
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Didn’t you wait to buy a Turing card?
Technically no. I never intended to buy. For me the whole process was practically free and Nvidia was certain to miss the spring timeline.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:37 AM   #3296
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Ventus is a safe bet tbh out of the 3 especially with a block.
Look at delivery times for Ventus block..

https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-...ckplate?c=7187

Gaming OC block delivery is 7-15 days but it's Bykski.. not a fan. Not gonna spend that sort of cash for GPU just to throw a cheap chinese pos block on it.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:46 AM   #3297
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Haha. Don't worry you are my first priority. I have no intention of scalping.
This is called a fallback plan if you come to your senses and no longer want a Zotac 3090.

Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 08:02 AM   #3298
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bykski blocks are good **** from what I've heard?

I think Heatkiller is making a block for the reference boards. Isn't the Zotac reference?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:17 PM   #3299
KAC
That postcount though...

Sold my 2080 for 465. My body is ready.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:54 PM   #3300
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
what no next day air ?

so you don't have to open the box till after AMD's presentation

Like you have any chance to think It needs to be complete in 3 seconds flat.