Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bipolar
Radeon R520

bipolar is still being judged by the masses

Default Console command to recharge items?

Anyone know what it is? Or is there somewhere I can go ingame and pay to get items charged? Very frustrating as a non magic using character to run out of charges ... I know frak-all about soul gems or whatever, I just want to pay however much to get the items charged back up or, failing that, a console command to do it. Thanks!
The faster your computer is, the quicker it can tell people how cool you are and why they should worship you because you have a fast computer which tells them to do so. What you need is to build your own computer, as custom-made rigs make you, by far, much more popular with people who honestly care what brand name of RAM you purchase. Keep in mind that these are the same people who would be called a "nerd" even by fellow patrons at a Star Trek convention, but every opinion on the Internet counts. Once you've successfully constructed your lean, mean gaming machine, you should tout its benchmarks, raw speed, and ability to make you orgasm simply by thinking about it.

Another method is to casually insert your system specs into every post you make on every forum. This can be done by placing text into your "sig file." Make sure that your posts NEVER exceed the length of your sig file, as then they would detract from the importance of your magnificent computer system.
bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:01 AM   #2
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

There's a guy in the mages guild places that will recharge magic items, but it's not cheap.
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:34 AM   #3
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashPiranha
There's a guy in the mages guild places that will recharge magic items, but it's not cheap.
Not cheap and the "enhancements" are a joke too, they run out after killing like 4 people

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:37 AM   #4
bipolar
Radeon R520

Yeah, just discovered that after browsing some sites. Yikes, 3000 gold to recharge my bow, for something like 42 shots. That's pretty ridiculous.

Would someone be so kind as to give a brief rundown of soul gems -- how to put souls in them, and what the difference is between minor, large, grand etc. Does it affect how much it will recharge an item or something?
The faster your computer is, the quicker it can tell people how cool you are and why they should worship you because you have a fast computer which tells them to do so. What you need is to build your own computer, as custom-made rigs make you, by far, much more popular with people who honestly care what brand name of RAM you purchase. Keep in mind that these are the same people who would be called a "nerd" even by fellow patrons at a Star Trek convention, but every opinion on the Internet counts. Once you've successfully constructed your lean, mean gaming machine, you should tout its benchmarks, raw speed, and ability to make you orgasm simply by thinking about it.

Another method is to casually insert your system specs into every post you make on every forum. This can be done by placing text into your "sig file." Make sure that your posts NEVER exceed the length of your sig file, as then they would detract from the importance of your magnificent computer system.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:09 AM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

the larger the gem, the larger the soul it can hold. you need some kind of enchantment (spell, weapon, etc) to curse the subject, then kill them within a certain timespan to extract the soul. to recharge your own weapon, you'll need a combination of armourer and magic skills.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:19 AM   #6
bipolar
Radeon R520

Thanks. Is it just me, or do they really need to rework that whole system? Charged items are a huge pain currently ... just too expensive and too few charges.

Old Mar 29, 2006, 02:08 AM   #7
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

All my magic weapons are out of charge and I just don't think it's worth paying to charge them again. Until I can soul trap I'm not going to bother, the price/performance of charging an enchanted weapon is just mental.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:25 AM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I totally wrecked Umbra's sword by using it as my dummy practice sword to see if my Blade skill would go up. By the time I noticed I was using the wrong sword, it was out of charge and down to 17 weapon points. To fix and recharge it would cost me 6K, I could move out of my shack with that amount, what a rip.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:49 PM   #9
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Just use any soul gems you might find or steal to recharge your items. Even the 'petty' status recharges 150 charges to your item. I find them all the time as drops.

DC
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:09 PM   #10
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Soul Trap only requires 25 Mysticism, which is really fast to work up, did it myself from 5 yesterday..
Cast it something and kill it within 20 secs and you get their soul if you have a large enough gem to hold it..
Its done automaticly if you kill them while the spell is still active, and you have a gem in your inventory, you get a message either way saying either you trapped it, or you had no gem large enough.
Its handy and saves a ton of cash hehe..

My current problem is that most of the stuff I run into now is too big for Greater Soul Gems.. I spose they are "Grand souls" and need Grand gems perhaps..
Bigger the soul, the more charges they refill..
Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:13 PM   #11
Zero
Sass hole

How do you use a soul gem to recharge an item? DO you need to have some minimum skill at something?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:00 PM   #12
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
How do you use a soul gem to recharge an item? DO you need to have some minimum skill at something?
Just click on a soul gem in your inventory and another window will pop up where you choose which item you want to recharge. As far as I know there are no skill requirements but the gem must actually contain a soul, naturally.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:08 PM   #13
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Newsflash

There's a mod that disables charges so your weapon won't lose any:
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=1972
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:12 PM   #14
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Newsflash

That's kinda cool, though perhaps a little cheaty. I'd like it better if enchanted weapons recharged slowly over time like in Morrowind.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:14 PM   #15
Martin3
Radeon R700

Martin3 is still being judged by the masses

If you need soul gems, go to the mage guilds at different towns. They have them sitting out all over the place. Free if your in the mage guild
Martin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:21 PM   #16
bipolar
Radeon R520

Quote:
Newsflash

Excellent, thanks. Cheating? Maybe a bit ... but the amount of charges on weapons are ridiculous. A weapon that takes $3000 gold to fully recharge should last longer than 2-3 fights to use up its charges.

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:26 PM   #17
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar
Excellent, thanks. Cheating? Maybe a bit ... but the amount of charges on weapons are ridiculous. A weapon that takes $3000 gold to fully recharge should last longer than 2-3 fights to use up its charges.
Yea that's true, I'm probably going to use this mod until something better comes out.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:47 PM   #18
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I got the Azura Star now, it will hold souls but doesnt disapear after you use it, it just becomes empty again.. dunno if there is any limit to how great a soul it can hold..
Biggest Ive gotten sofar is Grand, 1600 charges.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:50 PM   #19
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I stole the sole stones lying around the castle in... oh, crap, what was the name of the town

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:37 AM   #20
ZodiacDaR
Viper Pilot

ZodiacDaR is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Newsflash

SWEET! That's so awesome, thanks for the heads up.
ZodiacDaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:07 AM   #21
bipolar
Radeon R520

One problem with that mod -- it doesn't work for enchanted items that you create. I made an awesome bow out of a Daedra bow and one of those deals you get from an Oblivion Tower, but it loses charges as normal