Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 12, 2003, 06:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Rise of Nations 'official' demo

dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 06:55 PM   #2
Liuokin
Radeon R420

Liuokin is still being judged by the masses

Actually I've been playing it for a while now and I have to admit, i'm not a big fan of the Age of <enter random name here> type of games, with the rock-scissors-paper approach, but I really stuck with RON... It's massively fun and I'll be playing it for a while to come =) The best thing is that the battles take really long and when you're done you go "*woah!* it's been two hours already!?". Few games have that affect on me nowadays =)
Liuokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 07:00 PM   #3
zurv
Radeon R200

zurv is still being judged by the masses

the game is great! and nice AI too

my only wish would have been a bit better grafix.. but i can live with it
Cooler Master ATC-110B case, Neo2 plat, AMD FX-53 @ 2.9ghz (-33C), ATI drivers 4.10, DirectX 9c, Ati X800 XT, PC Power &cooling 610w PS, pioneer A08, Yamaha CRW-f1 [email protected] , adaptec 39160, 2 x 78gig 15K cheetahs,2 X 250 WD. Windows XP SP 2. Audigy 2 plat, Sony 23" widescreen LCD (16ms). bose speakers. Vapochill. Stable!! case closed!
zurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 12, 2003, 07:01 PM   #4
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Rgr that

*goes off to download*
Old May 12, 2003, 09:15 PM   #5
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

Just tried the thing.

Reminded me a LOT of Age of Mythology (I would say this game is based off AoM)

Basically its a traditional RTS type game albeit very slow paced, even more so that AoM, and has a lot of neat features - but contrary to what people said here I think there is a lot of micromangement - I mean have you seen the library menu

It's an engulfing game which you need hours to enjoy.
Old May 13, 2003, 01:49 AM   #6
zurv
Radeon R200

zurv is still being judged by the masses

national boards chances it up in a nice way (building, taxes, supply lines, etc...)

i'm happy they didn't take the "hero" path that AoM did....
Cooler Master ATC-110B case, Neo2 plat, AMD FX-53 @ 2.9ghz (-33C), ATI drivers 4.10, DirectX 9c, Ati X800 XT, PC Power &cooling 610w PS, pioneer A08, Yamaha CRW-f1 [email protected] , adaptec 39160, 2 x 78gig 15K cheetahs,2 X 250 WD. Windows XP SP 2. Audigy 2 plat, Sony 23" widescreen LCD (16ms). bose speakers. Vapochill. Stable!! case closed!
zurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 06:35 AM   #7
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

Yeah, but I also saw you can't summon things from the temple

I actually enjoyed having 10 - 20 foot Gold Collosus make their way to the enemy base
Old May 13, 2003, 08:03 AM   #8
Johnnie Walker
Keep walking...

Johnnie Walker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by zurv

i'm happy they didn't take the "hero" path that AoM did....
I don't like this new hero thing that some RTS are using... IMO the heros ruinned Warcraft 3 (I was a hughe fan of War2)