Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Today, 01:26 PM   #721
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
So Oct 28th we can buy a 6900xt or will it be another month afterwards?
I figured they'd announce the cards. Reviews a week later. Availability week after that if we're lucky?

I am hoping for a compressed launch with Oct 28th announcement, reviews the following Monday and retail on Wednesday or Thursday. giving time for people to get the cards before cyberpunk 2077 launch on the 19th.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #722
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Taking 6 words and making a whole article based on assumptions?
Ah, clickbait.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:28 PM   #723
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

way too much fud .
The irony!!!

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #724
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The irony!!!

well with NV we had some real leaks

with this they are all over the place
but they all seem to think it must be cheaper than 3080 for some reason

if it is faster than a 3080 it could well cost more
and if there is a HBM version it will cost more
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #725
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

well with NV we had some real leaks

with this they are all over the place
but they all seem to think it must be cheaper than 3080 for some reason

if it is faster than a 3080 it could well cost more
and if there is a HBM version it will cost more
If it's faster, especially in RT, then it can command a higher price.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Today at 02:49 PM.
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #726
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
If it's faster, especially in RT, they it can command a higher price.
I mean if its 10% faster at raster and 10% slower at RT so its a wash overall vs the 3080 in RT games is that a win?

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:50 PM   #727
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
I mean if its 10% faster at raster and 10% slower at RT so its a wash overall vs the 3080 in RT games is that a win?
For tons of peeps I'm sure it will be. For me.... I honestly can't say right now. Performance in Cyberpunk will be key for me.

yoz
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #728
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
For tons of peeps I'm sure it will be. For me.... I honestly can't say right now. Performance in Cyberpunk will be key for me.
then you got to wait till November 17th

i think with RT and AMD the speed it does RT at launch and a month or two latter well maybe much better
most likely there will be 2 to 4 drivers between 6900 xt launch and Cyberpunk the 17th

and 3 to 6 drivers right after the Cyberpunk release from both NV and AMD
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote