Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 13, 2018, 07:51 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber
Default IHOP changes name to IHOB

http://www.foxla.com/home/the-intern...er-name-change

International House of Pancakes has changed its name to International House of Burgers.

Trolls come out in droves to make fun of the chain's decision.

Other companies like MoonPie and Pop-Tarts threw some not-so-subtle shade at IHOb.

“Dear internet thanks to everyone asking me this but no not every brand is having an identity crisis so I'm gonna stick to Pop-Tarts,” their tweet said.

“We've worked really hard for like 100 years to get people to remember our brand name,” MoonPie said. “So if it's cool with everyone we're just going to stick with MoonPie thank you.”

But perhaps the most savage tweet of all came from Wendy herself.

I haven't eaten at IHOP in years, but WTH were they thinking? LOL!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Isn't it just a temporary change just to let people know that they are now selling burgers too?

Judging by the reactions on the interwebs, their marketing stunt worked.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 08:12 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Isn't it just a temporary change just to let people know that they are now selling burgers too?

Judging by the reactions on the interwebs, it worked.
Dunno. They've sold burgers for years though. I still won't eat there.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:06 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

That Wendy's dig is pretty hilarious
Old Jun 13, 2018, 03:56 PM   #5
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wish the iHOP closest to me didn't have **** service. :/

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 05:31 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
Wish the iHOP closest to me didn't have **** service. :/
The one near me is garbage. IHOP used to be one of THE places to go for a cheap, great meal around here. Now the only resemblance to that is the name only. I wouldn't shed a single tear were they to go under.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 09:50 PM   #7
Eisberg
Wilted, brown, and slimey

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Personally I really like their breakfast, but their lunch/dinner was nothing special. I had their burgers before as well, and yeah, I wouldn't go to IHOP for their burgers at all, so many other places that do the burgers much better including Wendy's.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:46 PM   #8
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
The one near me is garbage. IHOP used to be one of THE places to go for a cheap, great meal around here. Now the only resemblance to that is the name only. I wouldn't shed a single tear were they to go under.
Same thing here, burgers were pretty decent better than fast food stuff. Breakfast stuff was great. Not sure what happened between being good and going to hell, it seems like it was only a few months. Went with fiancé one day, service was slower than crap but the food was okay, then with my mom and kiddo for some reason or other and again food was decent but took forever to get out.

I haven't been to the one closer to my fiancé's place, but a bit scared to go. The Applebees that's across the street underwent a change too, her and I went there shortly after we started dating, place was dead, service was okay, and the servers were seriously on edge. Whatever happened was good though cause that location got bumped back to being popular and speedy.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:52 PM   #9
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

IHOP food is garbage.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 07:14 AM   #10
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
Same thing here, burgers were pretty decent better than fast food stuff. Breakfast stuff was great. Not sure what happened between being good and going to hell, it seems like it was only a few months. Went with fiancé one day, service was slower than crap but the food was okay, then with my mom and kiddo for some reason or other and again food was decent but took forever to get out.

I haven't been to the one closer to my fiancé's place, but a bit scared to go. The Applebees that's across the street underwent a change too, her and I went there shortly after we started dating, place was dead, service was okay, and the servers were seriously on edge. Whatever happened was good though cause that location got bumped back to being popular and speedy.
The same parent company owns Applebees. They are trying to turn around the image that both brands have - suckage. Applebees needs a new name though. Orangeflies? Bananaspiders? Watermeloncarpenterants?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 07:52 AM   #11
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
The same parent company owns Applebees. They are trying to turn around the image that both brands have - suckage. Applebees needs a new name though. Orangeflies? Bananaspiders? Watermeloncarpenterants?
Chilibees
GTwannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 08:11 AM   #12
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Analbeads?
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:59 AM   #13
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I thought the B stood for breakfast lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:08 AM   #14
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

International House of Bankruptcy, soon.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 01:51 AM   #15
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post

No ****, I'm somewhat surprised by that.

bounty hunter
Quote:
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:35 PM   #16
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

Hopefully, the millennials will finish the job here.

I used to go there with a co-worker after our midnight shifts on occasion and get some breakfast. Slowly but surely everything I like there has gone to ****.

Runny eggs, undercooked hash browns, crappy bacon... FFS they don't even use margarine, let alone real butter, on the toast. wtf?

Still better than Dennys, everything they make is broken down into sulfur, methane, and diarrhea.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:37 AM   #17
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

I know how to make my own pancakes and make them SUPERIOR with my own custom ingredients so despite me having gone there months ago... I'm good.

They can shove all that "mystery ground meat no one knows what meat is actually in there" up their arses.

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpgl01brpo It'll Blow!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiqrAKNv-Z4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2018, 09:49 AM   #18
fleetnorton
Radeon R200

fleetnorton is still being judged by the masses

I honestly don't like IHOP, service sucks
fleetnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:03 PM   #19
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetnorton View Post
I honestly don't like IHOP, service sucks
Service sucks in most similar establishments like Denny's, Shari's, Ihop, etc. Because people want a cheap dinning experience, but to do so, such places have to cut it in quality of products and labor costs to be able to turn a profit.

Contrary to popular belief, restaurants have a very thin line for a profit margin. Most full service restaurants on average make 2% profit, fast food on average makes 6%. If you are expecting great service, people need to prepared to spend a lot more money.

Also, there are those that go out to eat, see that the establishment is busy, yet expect to be waited on like they are the only table there. Then the argument comes up "they need to have more people working" to take care of the customer, yet if you stop and think about the profit margin of 2% I just mentioned, how many more people can they bring on, and still stay profitable? Considering the quality of food they serve, raising prices to compensate adding more staff won't work.

Also,Scheduling can only be based on "trends" which those numbers come from previous years numbers, and previous weeks averages, which ends up being basically a guessing game, because there are so many factors that effect the flow of business in a restaurant.

Weather alone, can dramatically effect the flow of business. If you schedule for a busy day, and the weather ends up being different than normal, such as being nice when it was expected to be crummy, which leads to people spending time outside rather than dining in, you have just over scheduled and lost a tone of money to un-needed labor. The same thing holds true if the weather ends up being crummy when you expected it to be nice, which usually in many cases causes a business to be unexpectedly busy.. If you are not scheduled to handle the unexpected increase of business, and getting people to rush in and help is near impossible, so you are now not giving good service because you are short staffed.

There are so many variables that can effect a restaurant's flow of business almost instantly and are outside the control of the establishment. Variables and changes that happen so quickly that no other industry faces.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2018, 01:34 PM   #20
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Service sucks in most similar establishments like Denny's, Shari's, Ihop, etc. Because people want a cheap dinning experience, but to do so, such places have to cut it in quality of products and labor costs to be able to turn a profit.

Contrary to popular belief, restaurants have a very thin line for a profit margin. Most full service restaurants on average make 2% profit, fast food on average makes 6%. If you are expecting great service, people need to prepared to spend a lot more money.

Also, there are those that go out to eat, see that the establishment is busy, yet expect to be waited on like they are the only table there. Then the argument comes up "they need to have more people working" to take care of the customer, yet if you stop and think about the profit margin of 2% I just mentioned, how many more people can they bring on, and still stay profitable? Considering the quality of food they serve, raising prices to compensate adding more staff won't work.

Also,Scheduling can only be based on "trends" which those numbers come from previous years numbers, and previous weeks averages, which ends up being basically a guessing game, because there are so many factors that effect the flow of business in a restaurant.

Weather alone, can dramatically effect the flow of business. If you schedule for a busy day, and the weather ends up being different than normal, such as being nice when it was expected to be crummy, which leads to people spending time outside rather than dining in, you have just over scheduled and lost a tone of money to un-needed labor. The same thing holds true if the weather ends up being crummy when you expected it to be nice, which usually in many cases causes a business to be unexpectedly busy.. If you are not scheduled to handle the unexpected increase of business, and getting people to rush in and help is near impossible, so you are now not giving good service because you are short staffed.

There are so many variables that can effect a restaurant's flow of business almost instantly and are outside the control of the establishment. Variables and changes that happen so quickly that no other industry faces.

Cool info here, I used to work retail and have seen similar things happen just not to the degree it happens in food service. Summer and winter in the mountains is pretty fickle so the 90 degree day you expect to be dead quickly turns into hail and rain and needing a bunch of extra bodies or the incoming snow misses your area by a few miles and now it's dead and tons of employees hang around doing nothing.

bounty hunter
Quote:
Old Jun 26, 2018, 07:16 AM   #21
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Meh.

I guess it's an easy way to get attention for a few days.

Waiting for McDonald's to turn into SirDon next.