Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

AMD Dragon Age: Redemption Series begins today

Felicia Day is collaborating with AMD as a part of her web series “Dragon Age: Redemption.” which begins today:

Felicia Day, from the web series “Dragon Age: Redemption”

Four years ago I started my web series “The Guild” about a group of online gamers. Five seasons and over 125 million views later, we have been one of the most referenced examples of successful web series to date. I’ve had the opportunity to pursue other projects since “The Guild” took off, but it wasn’t until Bioware/EA and AMD encouraged me to create a web series set in the premiere video game fantasy world that I decided the opportunity was right. I’m so glad I did!

Last year I was approached by Bioware/EA to create a web series based in the world of their hit franchise “Dragon Age”. Dragon Age II was to be released, and the new graphics technology, powered by AMD promised a new experience for fans. As a HUGE fan of the game, I jumped at the opportunity. When I heard I heard that the proposal included taking the character I created for the web series, Tallis, and making her a companion in a piece of DLC content for Dragon Age II after release, I was overly excited.. The project is a first of its kind and, for me as a gamer, a dream come true.

It was a very ambitious proposition to produce a web series that creates a fantasy world from scratch and even more so to make the DLC component believable while translating a character from film to video game. Luckily, AMD entered the picture by supporting Bioware to add an enhanced graphics experience for the players of Dragon Age II and the DLC: Mark of the Assassin. Players are able to interact with my character in a full translation of my character from film screen to virtual screen.

AMD was also key in sponsoring the web series, which allowed us to create the scope and attract the talent for a first-class experience. These types of sponsorship models are rare, but exciting in a landscape of web video where all the rules are being broken. The opportunity to create new ways of telling stories and reach audiences in a new way is always an option, but it takes very forward-thinking sponsors to make projects actually happen.

As we usher in a new era of entertainment, there is so much room for innovation, but that requires out-of-the-box thinking from the people who produce and support these ventures. I appreciate the trust and support from EA/Bioware and AMD and hope that many others enjoy watching Tallis’ story and playing with her as a companion in the DLC!

AMD Blog

Last edited by caveman-jim : Oct 11, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2
CyberScott
Radeon R300

CyberScott is still being judged by the masses

The episode was actually pretty good! I'm looking forward to the future episodes.
CyberScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I enjoyed that. Looking forward to watching more as well.

Also... she is hot!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:48 PM   #4
Swiftdeathz
7870 CFX

Swiftdeathz is still being judged by the masses

I also enjoyed it. Was pretty entertaining throughout. I've seen Felicia Day interviewed on AOTS but never had seen her act, know she's famous from her online series "The Guild".

Looking forward to see more.
Swiftdeathz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

As a theater actor my self i found the acting on that video totally atrocious, i can comprehend low cost special effects and all but bad acting just put me off, the only thing on that video that i found good was the fight choreography, the characterization and the wardrobe.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:28 AM   #6
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Considering they're short videos that try to move along quickly, over-acting or over-the-top acting may be needed to encapsulate the story points. I thought it was well done over-all.

Last edited by SIrPauly : Oct 12, 2011 at 02:43 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:21 AM   #7
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
As a theater actor my self i found the acting on that video totally atrocious, i can comprehend low cost special effects and all but bad acting just put me off, the only thing on that video that i found good was the fight choreography, the characterization and the wardrobe.
feel free to help them ... so next ones are better
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:32 PM   #8
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:30 AM   #9
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D