Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

View Poll Results: If in RETAIL stock and RETAIL price, would you buy a new graphics card TODAY?
Yes and the current prices are totally valid 3 8.57%
Yes but the current prices are out of line 13 37.14%
Yes and I don't care what price they are, its my hobby 6 17.14%
No, couldn't afford the current pricing 2 5.71%
No, don't need a new card right now 4 11.43%
No, not worth it, I'll wait for the prices to lower 7 20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:54 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Oh yeah, didn't ASUS just announce they were raising their prices? I had forgot about that.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:58 AM   #32
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Oh yeah, didn't ASUS just announce they were raising their prices? I had forgot about that.
Yeah, the Asus cards went up significantly. Not many of the others have followed them...yet. Sad day when they do. Most EVGA cards are still reasonably priced within original MSRP.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:13 PM   #33
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

EVGA is an American company and I really, really hope they don't pass the increase in costs over to us. EVGA is a nobody in Europe; they make the large majority of their sales in the US.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:14 PM   #34
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
EVGA is an American company and I really, really hope they don't pass the increase in costs over to us. EVGA is a nobody in Europe; they make the large majority of their sales in the US.
I think the issue is where the cards are manufactured (China vs Taiwan). Asus and others are manufactured in China so tariffs kicked in on Jan 1.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:18 PM   #35
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I think the issue is where the cards are manufactured (China vs Taiwan). Asus and others are manufactured in China so tariffs kicked in on Jan 1.
I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea where EVGA manufactures their cards; I know they are an American company, but as many other American companies do, that doesn't necessarily mean they manufacture in the U.S.

I could probably google this, but I'd rather pull a KAC today and let someone else look it up for me
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:40 PM   #36
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Some quick Googling says EVGA parts country of origin is China.

But they may get assembled in the U.S.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 01:07 PM   #37
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea where EVGA manufactures their cards; I know they are an American company, but as many other American companies do, that doesn't necessarily mean they manufacture in the U.S.

I could probably google this, but I'd rather pull a KAC today and let someone else look it up for me

yoz
Old Jan 11, 2021, 01:07 PM   #38
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Some quick Googling says EVGA parts country of origin is China.

But they may get assembled in the U.S.
So far prices at EVGA's website have not gone up.

EDIT:

Dear Customer,

Due to ongoing events, EVGA has made price adjustments on the GeForce RTX 30 Series products. This change was necessary due to several factors and will be effective January 11, 2021. EVGA has worked to reduce and minimize these costs as much as possible.

For those who are currently in the EVGA.com Notify Queue system or Step-Up Queue, EVGA will honor the original MSRP pricing through April 16th, 2021 if your purchase position is processed before this date.

Thanks,
EVGA

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Jan 11, 2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 02:35 PM   #39
Nunz
RIP Roxen

oof
Old Jan 11, 2021, 02:37 PM   #40
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
oof
Ya, Ultra Hybrid went from $819 to $899.

I hope I get that notify before 4/16.

yoz
Old Jan 11, 2021, 02:39 PM   #41
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Less of a price jump than what ASUS did. Looks like EVGA really did minimize the price increases as much as possible.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 03:00 PM   #42
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I really hope this is a temporary thing with just this generation of cards and things will improve for the next series.

Hate to think this is possibly going to be the norm going forward.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 03:41 PM   #43
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah, hope not. But...no lack of games for people to play in the meantime. Hell, I have a backlog of PS4 games that I've been wanting to get to along with the PC. There's also the Switch... I can hold off until the 4080 comes out if needed.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 04:02 PM   #44
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

At least they will honor the price if you were in que thats more than most people can expect IMO.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 04:16 PM   #45
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
At least they will honor the price if you were in que thats more than most people can expect IMO.
Agreed, being very generous and that's another reason why the community loves them.

yoz
Old Jan 11, 2021, 04:56 PM   #46
Higgy10

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

im in no rush, i refuse to pay these inflated prices. A 3080 is around $1100 here now. Fortunately my card is still adequate
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 04:57 PM   #47
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

this one isn't too bad

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...10G-P5-3889-KR

if they ever get it out

more so if it turns into a 3080 ti
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:27 PM   #48
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I would be willing to spend $850 on a 3080. Might be willing to spend a bit more than that.

That said, I already ordered a full new system that is now below MSRP for the selected parts, partially thanks to the recent bump.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:28 PM   #49
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I really hope this is a temporary thing with just this generation of cards and things will improve for the next series.

Considering this is a Trump tariff, I am hopeful that Biden will end the trade war BS and prices will go back to normal.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 10:39 PM   #50
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Considering this is a Trump tariff, I am hopeful that Biden will end the trade war BS and prices will go back to normal.
TSMC is building a Fab in AZ so it is working

and a dem remove a tax
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:13 PM   #51
Nunz
RIP Roxen

If you think TSMC is building a fab in AZ due to the tariffs you're smoking crack
Old Jan 12, 2021, 04:50 AM   #52
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

3080s are between 1.200 € and 1.300 € (waterblock), so yeah, prices has gone through the roof, at least here. Needless to say that almost none of the cards are available. The cheapest card you can find is a Zotac for 955 €, of course it's also not available.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 05:22 AM   #53
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
TSMC is building a Fab in AZ so it is working

and a dem remove a tax
TSMC's main fab is in Taiwan (TSMC stands for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company), so they wouldn't be affected anyway.

That being said, as far as tariffs go, if we were going to use them to try to preserve our manufacturing sector, we really needed them thirty years ago. I am not sure arbitrarily slapping on a 10% tariff now actually accomplishes much. But if it was just the tariff it would be one thing, it's just after all of the existing shortages and price inflation that already took place, it feels like another insult added on.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jan 12, 2021 at 05:42 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 05:24 AM   #54
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I don't know, with how fast the queue is moving, a lot of people may not end up having the price honored. They still haven't gotten done with day one step-ups. Frankly it seems like the speed of step-ups is actually slowing down. Hopefully it was just the holidays.

I guess my 2080 Super is still going strong, at least. Glad I opted for a 2080 Super instead of a 2070 Super!
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 01:11 PM   #55
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
TSMC's main fab is in Taiwan (TSMC stands for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company), so they wouldn't be affected anyway.

That being said, as far as tariffs go, if we were going to use them to try to preserve our manufacturing sector, we really needed them thirty years ago. I am not sure arbitrarily slapping on a 10% tariff now actually accomplishes much. But if it was just the tariff it would be one thing, it's just after all of the existing shortages and price inflation that already took place, it feels like another insult added on.
they have fabs in China also
Old Jan 12, 2021, 01:13 PM   #56
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I don't know, with how fast the queue is moving, a lot of people may not end up having the price honored. They still haven't gotten done with day one step-ups. Frankly it seems like the speed of step-ups is actually slowing down. Hopefully it was just the holidays.

I guess my 2080 Super is still going strong, at least. Glad I opted for a 2080 Super instead of a 2070 Super!

I would assume(hope) that they would have looked at their que and said at this point we can give most people an opportunity to buy before april and set that as a date to cut off lower prices.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 01:38 PM   #57
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Staring at a 3090 STRIX right now. Very tempted
Old Jan 12, 2021, 04:21 PM   #58
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:

TSMC don't make graphics cards. The chips they make are shipped to wherever to be assembled by the AIB's. Where they are assembled and shipped from is their country of origin and therefore will determine the tariffs. Basically most are made in China these days so tariffs will apply.

Regarding TSMC building a fab in AZ it makes sense because they will be getting huge subsidies, Taiwan is not best place geographically for weather purposes and China are becoming more threatening by the day and Pompeo's announcement last week hasn't helped
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 01:05 PM   #59
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I'd be all over 3060 / 3070 cards at near MSRP pricing.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 01:15 PM   #60
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
I'd be all over 3060 / 3070 cards at near MSRP pricing.
If you want an FE (nvidia made ) card only Best Buy sells them now. Possibly only way to get a cheaper card at the moment.

yoz