Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:47 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game is much longer than I expected. I'm still in Chapter 3 and exploring every bit of the town.

Partly because of the stealth mechanics is why I'm taking so long. If it takes me 2 hours to figure out how to stealth kill every beast in that mob up ahead, so be it.

Funny enough, I came across a truck and stupidly opened the rear, let loose about 6 zombies that were trapped inside.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 01:21 PM   #62
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I did that last night have you encountered the gaseous beasts? They make that throat sound, but when they find you they laugh maniacally!
Picking off crowds is so fun. I'm out of gunpowder and I think it's the end of ch 3. Intense!

I'm real. Impressed of The size of the game using the ID tech engine.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 09:59 PM   #63
Argoon1981
Radeon Evergreen

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
I liked the first TEW but this one seams different, because of the open world nature, will eventually buy it tho i'm a sucker for horror games.

About the engine, the first one was made on idtech 5 and i think this one is as well, the same engine many here said was total garbage, but like I've been saying for years, engines have nothing to do with, if a game is good or bad or if it can't do one thing or another, the only engine true limitation is the knowledge of the team using it.

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:02 PM   #64
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
I did that last night have you encountered the gaseous beasts? They make that throat sound, but when they find you they laugh maniacally!
Picking off crowds is so fun. I'm out of gunpowder and I think it's the end of ch 3. Intense!

I ran into the things that make the throaty sounds, but didn't realize they were laughing. The creatures in this game are so twisted it makes resident evil looks like Gumby and friends.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:22 AM   #65
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Finished the game. Excellent overall. End game (Chapters 16/17) was a cinematic masterpiece rarely seen in games.

Though I don't see how they can add any further single player DLC's like Kidman's addon for the first game. Everything was really tied up at the end. They'd have to come up with something entirely new after that closure.

Also disappointed I never ran into that snow creature with the "The Thing" like neck/head that I had to sneak by in Chapter 4. I really thought that was like a teaser for a future encounter, but I never saw it again. Too bad, had some really creepy movement and sounds.

Is it even killable if you didn't want to sneak by it?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:11 PM   #66
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Finished the game. Excellent overall. End game (Chapters 16/17) was a cinematic masterpiece rarely seen in games.

Though I don't see how they can add any further single player DLC's like Kidman's addon for the first game. Everything was really tied up at the end. They'd have to come up with something entirely new after that closure.

Also disappointed I never ran into that snow creature with the "The Thing" like neck/head that I had to sneak by in Chapter 4. I really thought that was like a teaser for a future encounter, but I never saw it again. Too bad, had some really creepy movement and sounds.

Is it even killable if you didn't want to sneak by it?
That was actually your wife lol. Still havent fully beat the game, I am on chapter 16 or 17, got bogged down in this one part where there's like 10 of those flame thrower **** heads. They are so hard to kill and it's almost impossible to sneak around.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 02:08 PM   #67
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
That was actually your wife lol. Still havent fully beat the game, I am on chapter 16 or 17, got bogged down in this one part where there's like 10 of those flame thrower **** heads. They are so hard to kill and it's almost impossible to sneak around.
Your wife takes on a different form in the end, which leads to me believe this chapter 4 creature isn't really your wife, just another miniboss.

Edit, checked and confirmed it IS a miniboss and you can fight and kill it right there rather than sneak around it. Though it does come back later in that short scene as if you sneaked by it instead.

Last edited by Exposed : Nov 5, 2017 at 02:17 PM.