Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 15, 2020, 09:51 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I play at 1440P maxed out, you dumb ****s.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:04 PM   #92
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I play at 1440P maxed out, you dumb ****s.
2560x1440. Might as well be 1080p.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:34 PM   #93
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

it's 2020

2560x1440 welcome to 2007
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 16, 2020, 06:23 PM   #94
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
2560x1440. Might as well be 1080p.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
it's 2020

2560x1440 welcome to 2007
Hey, the two of you! Up yours!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 09:54 PM   #95
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Looks like 2077 got delayed.
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpu...e-date-delayed

Probably waiting for Nvidia's new card to drop. It's better they delay it than release it like GTA 4 did back when Rockstar was expecting a 2GB card to be available before the game launched. I figure Dying Light 2 will also be delayed as the developers were concerned about RTX not being playable. They were obviously waiting on the promised performance that they were told about when they agreed to add RTX elements to the game.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:32 PM   #96
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's good that it has been delayed for people like me. I need next gen GPU not only for more FPS but also to take advantage of RTX. I'm not touching RTX titles without them being the first play through with RTX enabled.

Gives them time to perfect RTX and quality of the game. Plenty of games to smash between now and then.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:40 PM   #97
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I'm in the same boat. I just think this news is kind of telling in a way. The rumors that the card launch was going to be pushed back sounds about right.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:27 AM   #98
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I'm in the same boat. I just think this news is kind of telling in a way. The rumors that the card launch was going to be pushed back sounds about right.
yea I think both in September is right

right before my birthday
what will I buy me ………….
Old Jan 17, 2020, 07:21 PM   #99
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Aren't there some rumors/news about 7nm capacity being limited? Could it be that Nvidia is having trouble getting enough fab orders?

I wonder if this ends up being a situation where AMD having both CPUs and GPUs benefits them, since overall they're putting in a larger amount of orders they may get prioritized somewhat by TSMC.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 07:44 PM   #100
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Aren't there some rumors/news about 7nm capacity being limited? Could it be that Nvidia is having trouble getting enough fab orders?

I wonder if this ends up being a situation where AMD having both CPUs and GPUs benefits them, since overall they're putting in a larger amount of orders they may get prioritized somewhat by TSMC.
AMD is using a lot of TSMC capacity with Ryzen 7nm and maybe their new GPU

Quote:
In numbers, AMD would consume 21% share of TSMC’s 7nm wafer capacity with 30,000 WPM. HiSilicon and Qualcomm would be responsible for 17-18% share and MediaTek for 14%. This would leave 29% of TSMC’s 7nm capacity to the rest of its customers.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...in-2020-report

maybe NV will have theirs done before second half

there were some rumors of NV going with Samsung's 7nm
Old Jan 18, 2020, 02:55 AM   #101
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If this crap is coming in Q3 then worth boning a 2080 Ti?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:28 AM   #102
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If this crap is coming in Q3 then worth boning a 2080 Ti?
It was worth it last year, now just wait.

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:21 PM   #103
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
It was worth it last year, now just wait.
I'm not even sure if it was worth it last year, but at least an argument could be made. Now, yeah, just wait.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 05:05 PM   #104
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

And Now Dying Light 2 is delayed. You can read them like a book.

https://www.ign.com/articles/dying-l...w-release-date
Old Jan 20, 2020, 05:40 PM   #105
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Jan 20, 2020, 08:26 PM   #106
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
looks more and more like we won't see te 3080 ti this year

and

Quote:
According to recent claims the chips are fabbed at Samsung, which sounds expensive over TSMC
3080 non ti 999
Old Jan 20, 2020, 08:35 PM   #107
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Maybe because they fab at Samsung, they'll get a deal on memory, which is arguably the most ovepriced product on the market right now.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 08:44 PM   #108
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Maybe because they fab at Samsung, they'll get a deal on memory, which is arguably the most ovepriced product on the market right now.
wasn't the first Vega fabbed at Samsung

…………

and they may or may not get a deal

but we won't

the 3080 will be 999 and 5% slower that 2080 ti founders edition
Old Jan 20, 2020, 08:50 PM   #109
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nah. $799 max which is still $200 too high.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 20, 2020, 08:54 PM   #110
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Nah. $799 max which is still $200 too high.
we will see

but if they are going back to the ti being 9 months later that the non ti

it won't be cheap till the ti hits and then they will drop it from 999 to 799

then the 3080 ti will be 999 ( that you won't see for months ) and 1199 for the founders edition

…………

I hope it is a killer

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQXUGal997E

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 20, 2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 09:58 PM   #111
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Everything is straight rumors right now. Very hard to make a judgment call yet.

Zero faith in Big Navi, but I hope it's good.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 05:16 AM   #112
Nagorak

If it's slower than the 2080 Ti then I don't see how it could be $999. That pricing wouldn't make any sense.

I bet it will be more like equal or slightly faster than the 2080 Ti but at a lower price point. Nvidia can't get away with charging the same amount for the same performance again, even without competition. 2000 series was already badly enough received as it was.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 09:59 AM   #113
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Sounds like a 3080 will be slower than a 2080Ti just on those specs alone, but could possibly make it back up with clock speed increases at 7nm. That will be a big defecit to overcome with just clock speed though.

So basically just a more energy efficient card that's between a 2080 Super and 2080Ti, for likely somewhere between $699 to $899.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2020, 01:17 PM   #114
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If it's slower than the 2080 Ti then I don't see how it could be $999. That pricing wouldn't make any sense.

I bet it will be more like equal or slightly faster than the 2080 Ti but at a lower price point. Nvidia can't get away with charging the same amount for the same performance again, even without competition. 2000 series was already badly enough received as it was.

when has NV pricing make any sense

they have in the past brought out the non ti for very close to ti price then replaced the non ti with the ti and lowered the non ti price

and Samsung may cost morer and have lower yields than tsmc

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 21, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 04:15 PM   #115
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If the 3080 isn’t well above a 2080 Ti it will be a disappointment!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2020, 05:24 PM   #116
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
If the 3080 isn’t well above a 2080 Ti it will be a disappointment!
Indeed

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2020, 05:40 PM   #117
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Sounds like a 3080 will be slower than a 2080Ti just on those specs alone, but could possibly make it back up with clock speed increases at 7nm. That will be a big defecit to overcome with just clock speed though.

So basically just a more energy efficient card that's between a 2080 Super and 2080Ti, for likely somewhere between $699 to $899.
Assuming the leaked specs are accurate (big assumption), I think the increase in clockspeed probably can make up for the deficit and it ends up being around the same speed as the 2080 Ti or maybe slightly faster. The only thing that makes me question that is the memory bandwidth doesn't look like it would be as good.

In the end, I don't see the 3080 being viable if it's between a 2080 Super and a 2080 Ti. That would be like the fourth card with "1080 Ti performance" in that same price bracket (1080 Ti, 2080, 2080 Super, 3080). Yeah, maybe it's 20% faster (probably only 15% compared to an overclocked 1080 Ti), but that's still barely an upgrade for that same price after 4 years. If that ends up being the case, then Nvidia is making the same mistake Intel did on the CPU side, just providing an opening for AMD to comeback.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 05:56 PM   #118
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Indeed
I expect 30 percent over a 2080 Ti to give 2080 Ti owners a reason to upgrade to the standard 3080 and add another 20 percent for the 3080 Ti 6 months later, just like how they use to do it, they only released the Ti this gen at the same time because the 2080 was only doing 1080 Ti speeds.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2020, 06:26 PM   #119
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I expect 30 percent over a 2080 Ti to give 2080 Ti owners a reason to upgrade to the standard 3080 and add another 20 percent for the 3080 Ti 6 months later, just like how they use to do it, they only released the Ti this gen at the same time because the 2080 was only doing 1080 Ti speeds.

I expect 30 to 40 percent over a 2080 Ti for the 3080 ti like last time not the 3080 non ti
Old Jan 21, 2020, 07:50 PM   #120
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Forget it! Not happening. RT titles will improve a fair bit though but that perf increase is highly unlikely.