Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Pentagon to launch task force to investigate UFO sightings

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/polit...rce/index.html

Quote:
Washington (CNN)The Pentagon is forming a new task force to investigate UFOs that have been observed by US military aircraft, according to two defense officials.

Deputy Secretary of Defense David Norquist will help oversee the task force, which is expected to be officially unveiled in the next few days, according to the officials. Previous efforts to look into what the Pentagon dubs unidentified aerial phenomena were led by the US Navy as many of the documented encounters involved their aircraft.

The Department of Defense did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Members of Congress and Pentagon officials have long expressed concerns about the appearance of the unidentified aircraft that have flown over US military bases, posing a risk to military jets. There is no consensus on their origin with some believing they may be drones potentially operated by earthly adversaries seeking to gather intelligence rather than extraterrestrials.
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Rel...na-task-force/
Establishment of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force

Quote:

On Aug. 4, 2020, Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved the establishment of an Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) Task Force (UAPTF). The Department of the Navy, under the cognizance of the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security, will lead the UAPTF.

The Department of Defense established the UAPTF to improve its understanding of, and gain insight into, the nature and origins of UAPs. The mission of the task force is to detect, analyze and catalog UAPs that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security.

As DOD has stated previously, the safety of our personnel and the security of our operations are of paramount concern. The Department of Defense and the military departments take any incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace very seriously and examine each report. This includes examinations of incursions that are initially reported as UAP when the observer cannot immediately identify what he or she is observing.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Aug 14, 2020 at 05:52 PM.
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 06:27 AM   #2
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

the chances of life on other planets within our galaxy being highly probable let alone the rest of the universe is obvious, but the time it takes to travel to other planets let alone other galaxies is mind boggling. so while i would love to beleive other life forms have the means to tavel to our planet, i doubt it unless the sightings are from interdimensional travelling entities like mothman

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:24 AM   #3
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm putting my money on advanced Chinese spy drones, not little green men from Mars.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2020, 09:39 AM   #4
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Any chance of hitching a ride?

Asking for a Friendo
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Any chance of hitching a ride?

Asking for a Friendo

Be careful what you wish for....

Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:52 AM   #6
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
the chances of life on other planets within our galaxy being highly probable let alone the rest of the universe is obvious, but the time it takes to travel to other planets let alone other galaxies is mind boggling. so while i would love to beleive other life forms have the means to tavel to our planet, i doubt it unless the sightings are from interdimensional travelling entities like mothman
I'm going to have to reply to this with my standard response of "conventional wisdom."

IF another civilization managed to visit us from across the galaxy, its unlikely they would be using any mode of travel we could imagine, or even detect. It would likely be something we haven't even thought up yet. We would be merely ants on a log to them.

Think of it this way, do rare insects understand the mode of travel entomologists use when they journey to remote areas of the jungle to study them? If an intelligent race that is thousands or millions of years ahead of us wanted to study us do you really think we would understand their technology, or even be able to know they were there? No offense, but that way of thinking is human arrogance at its best. Just a short few hundred years ago humans viewed going to the moon as pure sci-fi fantasy. Now queue typical response from Exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
I'm putting my money on advanced Chinese spy drones, not little green men from Mars.
It is my first likely explanation as well, some kind of top secret classified craft. Just is more likely than aliens. BUT, the problem with this that I cannot seem to get a good answer for is the fact craft with these same characteristics have been reported by Navy and Air Force for over 50+ years. Now to try and tell me humans have had craft with these maneuvering capabilities for that long? Well I'm more inclined to start looking to the extreme possibilities.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:56 PM   #7
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Be careful what you wish for....

Oh, them five minutes with a person of my quality and they'd vaporize titan and europa just in case life could pop up there in the future.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:38 PM   #8
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Oh, them five minutes with a person of my quality and they'd vaporize titan and europa just in case life could pop up there in the future.

Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 05:51 PM   #9
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

updated with the DoD press release

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote