Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 9, 2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
zeno

zeno is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation ATI 7000s not working with HPs

Yes, I just found this out before I purchsed the card luckily. I need to know however if this card: EVGA GEFORCE2 MX200 32MB PCI, will be compatible with my system:

HP 8750C
PIII 667MHz
No AGP slot

And will it run CS well @ 800x600?

Thanks for the help.
zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 07:56 AM   #2
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

can you tell us why HP said the 7000 wont work?

I would image the GF2 would work considering it is older than the 7000. Only thing I can think of is that system has very low voltage available, so the GF2 might be a better choice. Maybe even a TNT2! lol

question: what video card is in there now that you would be willing to replace it with a GF2MX PCI (yuck)
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 12:01 PM   #3
zeno

It is true, there is a thread on their forums about it and it's filled with complaints. Anywho, I was planning on getting the NVIDIA XFX GeForce4 MX440SE PCI 64MB w/ TV Out, which should hopefully work with my system according to that forum.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 10, 2003, 01:25 PM   #4
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by zeno
It is true, there is a thread on their forums about it and it's filled with complaints. Anywho, I was planning on getting the NVIDIA XFX GeForce4 MX440SE PCI 64MB w/ TV Out, which should hopefully work with my system according to that forum.
but did they give specifics as to why it doesn't work?

anyway, a GF4mx will perform better than a GF2mx because of the fast core/mem speed so thats good. Have you also considered a GFFX5200 PCI or Visiontek R9100 PCI? They are more powerful than the GF4MX
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 04:18 PM   #5
EMunEeE
Formerly MrEMan4K

EMunEeE is still being judged by the masses

The old HPs have a lot of comtability issues with the Radeon 7000 series cards...just stroll over to the HP forums and find out. Get a 9100 PCI
Old Jul 10, 2003, 05:43 PM   #6
zeno

Quote:
Originally posted by mreman4k
The old HPs have a lot of comtability issues with the Radeon 7000 series cards...just stroll over to the HP forums and find out. Get a 9100 PCI
I searched on newegg for 9100 PCI, no luck. Thanks for the help but I think I'm going to go with the MX440SE.