Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 5, 2015, 02:14 PM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
It's no real different than throwing a straight pipe on a street driven Miata... I'll never understand trying to add minute amounts of HP to an already underpowered car. If the owner is turning it into some sleeper 600 BHP drag racer, that's something else.... It just has always struck me humour hearing a loud exhaust on the highway, thinking someone is hauling *ss only to find out it's some underpowered car with an open exhaust which is having trouble getting out of it's own way...
Old Feb 6, 2015, 09:22 AM   #332
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

sounds like a VW.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:21 PM   #333
ಠ_ಠ

Avatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAvatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Home-built 32-cylinder engine

Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:29 PM   #334
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Thumbs up

Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 01:13 PM   #335
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Ahh, maybe that was the car in the audi douche zone.

We wandered the whole track through all the corrals, vette, bmw, porsche, etc and they were all friendly no problems whatsoever, my GF and I wander through the audi douche zone, look at the OLD R8, not even the new one, there was a prototype car sitting there but I didn't look closely at it. We started towards the parking area and the broguards popped up. "Do you have audi passes?"
"No we don't" "well the area over here (points towards some bar area or whatever) is for audi zone patrons only" "We aren't heading over there, we're going over here. (the parking lot)" "This area is for audi zone patrons only." "Cool whatever losers."

Their corral had maybe 7 cars in an area that could fit probably 80 to 100. Porsche's corral was full. BMW's corral was 75% full. Corvettes corral was full.

I didn't even want to look at the cars, I just wanted to check out the inside of turn 1.
See you next year faggots, maybe you'll have 8 visitors then.

Made me really sad the lizard crew was running an R8 now instead of a 911 cup or RSR.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:12 AM   #336
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Audi is definitely protective of the new R18 at the moment. It won't be that way after next month's debut for the initial 2015 WEC race.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:36 AM   #337
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Audi is definitely protective of the new R18 at the moment. It won't be that way after next month's debut for the initial 2015 WEC race.
They weren't protecting the cars sitting there, but god forbid you wander in the direction of stuff that is not direct audi marketing.

It was pretty pathetic beyond their defense of the parking lot, there was literally no cars and nobody there. Doesn't seem anyone in the US, or at least at the 12 cared about audi this year, it's not like they had a car in the big show, just one in the gt challange class or whatever it's called.

meanwhile the nissan marketing hangout was fairly travelled... and they didnt have a single car there, especially since the deltawing isn't their baby anymore. Not a single car running in any class, yet more of a showing than Audi.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:42 AM   #338
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
They weren't protecting the cars sitting there, but god forbid you wander in the direction of stuff that is not direct audi marketing.

It was pretty pathetic beyond their defense of the parking lot, there was literally no cars and nobody there.
Outside of the NHRA where you can pretty much go anywhere, I've got that treatment at every race I've ever been to no matter the race or circuit - even when I had hot passes. 'You can't go here sir, you gotta go back sir'. The broguards always come out in full effect.

One of my buddy's got around that by purchasing a generic yet official looking jersey so he he looks like he's a part of a crew - so nobody ever says anything to him now and he goes where ever he wants. It's actually quite brilliant
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:52 AM   #339
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
It was pretty pathetic beyond their defense of the parking lot, there was literally no cars and nobody there. Doesn't seem anyone in the US, or at least at the 12 cared about audi this year, it's not like they had a car in the big show, just one in the gt challange class or whatever it's called.
Since there was not a works (Factory) Audi team racing, they didn't have their full "press" setup. It's definitely not like that when they have the factory teams running. Likely what you saw was just a breakdown from their testing of the R18 a few days before the 12 hour race. They typically rent out the track for most of the week prior to the 12 hours. When they ran in the 12 hours, their testing obviously much earlier at Sebring.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:17 AM   #340
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Since there was not a works (Factory) Audi team racing, they didn't have their full "press" setup. It's definitely not like that when they have the factory teams running. Likely what you saw was just a breakdown from their testing of the R18 a few days before the 12 hour race. They typically rent out the track for most of the week prior to the 12 hours. When they ran in the 12 hours, their testing obviously much earlier at Sebring.
No no, this was a Audi car corral marketing center deal. the "Audi Fan Zone" like the Porsche Corrals and Corvette Corral, where you can purchase separate tickets to go to those things, I've never had a corral kick me out of the parking area where the visitors park and show their cars. Now if you try to go in the tent and grab a snack without a lanyard or something, then yeah, for sure.

http://www.audiclubna.org/article/au...rch-14-15-2014

I really don't give much of a **** but it's awful stupid they seemed so protective of something that looked like a legitimate ghost town at a packed race. If I were them I would invite random people in to make it look more busy and less pathetic than it was.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 08:31 AM   #341
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I doubt it would have been like that with a factory Audi team in the race (not just the empty corral, but the lack of hospitality).
Old Mar 27, 2015, 07:26 PM   #342
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
It's no real different than throwing a straight pipe on a street driven Miata... I'll never understand trying to add minute amounts of HP to an already underpowered car. If the owner is turning it into some sleeper 600 BHP drag racer, that's something else.... It just has always struck me humour hearing a loud exhaust on the highway, thinking someone is hauling *ss only to find out it's some underpowered car with an open exhaust which is having trouble getting out of it's own way...
I'll never understand why some people give so much of a **** about what other people want to do to their own cars. If it's not dangerous and affecting other peoples safety then who cares.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 09:17 PM   #343
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
I'll never understand why some people give so much of a **** about what other people want to do to their own cars. If it's not dangerous and affecting other peoples safety then who cares.
Wow... You found an almost 2 month old post to comment on... Nice...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 07:07 AM   #344
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Beautiful car with amazing sound. Lovely

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2015, 08:04 PM   #345
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

lol....
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:59 AM   #346
ಠ_ಠ

Avatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAvatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Love the bird calls at the end... adds that much more sense of failure
Old May 4, 2015, 07:05 AM   #347
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

My last session around Road America this past weekend. A huge improvement over last year, and still a lot to gain in being more consistent and digging a bit deeper into the rumble strips. Best time of the weekend was during this session with a 2.55:178. Held the carousel at 82mph, ran through the high speed kink at 102mph, and had a top speed of 121mph. Will be back a year from now!

Last edited by OverclockN' : May 4, 2015 at 08:09 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2015, 08:20 AM   #348
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV at the ring, under 7min.

Old May 18, 2015, 10:17 AM   #349
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Holy save!

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2015, 07:40 AM   #350
ಠ_ಠ

Old May 29, 2015, 04:47 PM   #351
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Seems like it was removed.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:05 PM   #352
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Absolutely love this video. The sound of it just mechanical symphony to me. I'm going to get a classic 911, damn it.

Old Jun 17, 2015, 09:51 PM   #353
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Absolutely love the sound of the regeneration system on this thing. Plus, watching the charge indicator is fascinating as hell.

Porsche 919 Hybrid

Old Jun 21, 2015, 01:43 PM   #354
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

New Record for 0-300-0 km/hr run:

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2015, 05:41 PM   #355
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Old Jun 30, 2015, 02:14 PM   #356
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
New Record for 0-300-0 km/hr run:

That's insane. I literally did not believe it when I saw the times on that thing. Then I checked the HP rating.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:56 AM   #357
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Having fun at the local indoor go-kart track. It was a 15 minute video, I cut out everything that wasn't me overtaking someone else.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:05 PM   #358
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Jul 26, 2015, 08:25 AM   #359
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Jul 26, 2015, 09:15 AM   #360
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Nice vids, although that second one is NOT a Skoda... It's an Audi.