Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Old Feb 11, 2020, 01:14 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Default Final words

I am very sorry if my thoughts and opinions have insulted or offended anyone in the pedophilia thread. I did not believe it would spark such an aggressive reaction to an otherwise civilized discussion. The reactions and refusal to hear reason or perspective has disturbed me to my very core, as I must deal with a relatable situation with my son for the rest of my life. This has made me realize that I am no longer comfortable with this community, and the community is probably no longer comfortable with me. I want to be clear that this is not the fault of Rage3D, it's wonderful mods, or even the users.

With that said, personally I believe a mod should be impartial to all topics, even at the expense of their own personal opinions or beliefs. I do not believe a mod should be hated or disrespected, nor should mods themselves display hostility or disrespect to their forum users. My posts were unbecoming of what I believe a mod should be. Even though I had relatively little impact as a mod, I must step down as I can no longer contribute to this community.

I would like to thank everyone for these wonderful 17 years, Rage3D has been my home for half of my life. I do not have friends outside of my family, so Rage3D has made a large impact on my life. Alas, life moves on, and so must I. Thanks to all the Minecraft server players, shout out to G.I.BRO for the fun times in Midnight club 2, and lastly, RIP Vengy.

Thanks
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2020, 03:43 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I don't think you should feel unwelcome, DD. It's just a very sensitive topic, and one that has ruined the lives of many people. I really don't think you can have a civilized discussion about it in a public forum, TBH. My own personal opinion about what should be done to pedos certainly isn't civilized.

Take a breath, take a break, and come back please.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2020, 04:58 PM   #3
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

As Munkus said, DigitalDemon, please take a break and reconsider stepping down as a mod and as a member of this community. Different perspectives are valuable, even (and perhaps especially) if they go against consensus. You seem like a nice guy, and it would be a shame if you were to leave.

Furthermore, I think everyone else needs to take a breath for the reasons stated above. I assume that the thread in question was cleaned up, so I am not privy to all the words that were said. However, I will say this: no one should be attacking each other at a personal level, period. That goes for mods and members alike. But I do not believe that anyone should be thrown off the figurative island or lose any privileges because of one heated incident, especially when that incident involved a highly sensitive topic. Let's just chalk it up to everyone having a bad moment and move on from it.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 11, 2020, 06:13 PM   #4
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

DigitalDemon, I understand (more or less) where you're coming from in the pedo thread, and tend to agree with you that it is a form of mental illness that people do not come by willingly. Although I haven't been officially diagnosed, I also have Aspie traits and know that social interactions can be difficult, especially when attempting to discuss highly sensitive topics.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 03:01 PM   #5
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Aw man, take a break if needed and come back. All you did was express your thoughts on a subject that has no winners.

Plus you shared some of your own struggles and, well, I feel like I know you just a little bit better now.

That said, we're complete strangers, but if you would like to chat off the main forum I'm (as well as many others here) are always available.

Take care of yourself and I do hope you reconsider.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 06:21 PM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What did I miss? I probably should visit the controversial threads more often.

I just read what you wrote and I don't think you have to be ashamed of it. You didn't delete the posts and they don't need to be deleted. Mods should be impartial when it comes to the act of moderating, but that doesn't mean they can't take a stance on a subject and express their views. That's all you did. If people could be found guilty of giving their opinion and getting a bit emotional then half the internet would be banned in one day.

Hope you consider coming back. Take a few days or a week. We'll be here when you want to return
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2020, 03:18 PM   #7
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Yeah, I didn't feel like that thread was out of line either. It's definitely a sensitive topic, but I don't think it should be off-limits to say what DD said.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro