Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

View Poll Results: Predict how will the Switch do?
Massive Wii-like success. 75+ million consoles sold. 4 6.06%
Generally strong sales. 50-75 million consoles sold. 11 16.67%
Mild success. 25-50 million consoles sold. 20 30.30%
Borderline failure. 15-25 million consoles sold. 16 24.24%
Dreamcast-style failure. 5-15 million consoles sold. 6 9.09%
Virtual Boy-style absolute doom. <5 million consoles sold. 2 3.03%
Too hard to predict... my head esplode! 2 3.03%
Predictions are for weeners. 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 31, 2018, 09:11 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I knew it'd be a hit. I voted 50-70 Million when this poll first went up.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:02 AM   #182
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I voted 25-50mil
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:17 AM   #183
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I voted 25-50mil
I went with 25-50 but somehow mentioned 25-30 in my oldass post lol.

Seems like over 50 million could be easily reached, especially helped by sales spikes due to Nintendo Megaton announcements and IP (Metroid Prime 4, next Zelda, Smash Bros, etc)
The currently growing list of Wii-U ports seems to keep a steady stream of momentum going.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:17 AM   #184
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Indeed heading towards a great success!

I did not foresee the indie movement being as big as it is becoming and what looks like another golden age of jrpg coming.

I ended up buying one myself and have more games on it than I did PS3 (I do not have Xbox or PS4). The co-op games of Mario Kart, Overcooked and Rayman caught the eye of the g/f and we've had a great time. Looking forward to Yoshi with her and Project Octopath myself.

For whatever reason, the nostalgia feel you get while gaming on this thing, even with a current non-port, is hard to describe. It hit on a niche underserved. I think it carries the momentum through the next couple of years.

Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2018, 01:31 PM   #185
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Interesting to look back at the predictions from last year. Initially I was pretty bullish on Switch, 'cause I love the concept, so I ended up buying a fair bit of Nintendo stock at $22. However, Nintendo absolutely bumbled the unveiling event, which really made me question whether Nintendo knows what to do with a successful product even if they have one. I sold off 2/3 of my nintendo stock at a mild profit, which was clearly a mistake since the remaining chunk has nearly tripled since then.

Here's what I wrote in this thread, right after the unveiling event:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Honestly I think the Switch looks fabulous, and the only thing going against it is it's parent company, who I'm convinced is utterly incapable of building and nurturing a gaming platform. Someone should call child-protective services and have the Switch taken away from Nintendo... I truly think that any of Nintendo's competitors are better capable of taking care of the Switch's well-being.
Nintendo as a company still frustrates me though. Their brilliance in game design is really unmatched, yet their poor business decisions continue to baffle me.

Clearly the switch is a success, and will definitely sell over 50 million units... maybe over 100 million?

But there's still so many areas that Nintendo continues to fumble with this platform. I still have trouble trusting them to continue the momentum after the first year. You should never underestimate Nintendo, either in their ability to succeed or to screw things up.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2018, 09:45 AM   #186
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You got to love the fact that there's an official gamecube emulator/games for the shield in china but not for the switch, that's so nintendo.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:30 AM   #187
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I said 25-50 mil.. It looks like its going to bust through the 50 million marker in a couple years. 15 mil first year, I bet it will sell much less this year.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 06:46 AM   #188
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Voted 50-75M, feeling good.

I also cheated because I'm one of those sales.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 08:37 AM   #189
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
I said 25-50 mil.. It looks like its going to bust through the 50 million marker in a couple years. 15 mil first year, I bet it will sell much less this year.
Once those big Nintendo IP drops, theres gonna be some large spikes.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:48 AM   #190
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Once those big Nintendo IP drops, theres gonna be some large spikes.
After the Wii u I'm a bit skeptical. There were several long droughts without a big release in the first couple of years.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 04:22 PM   #191
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Metroid 4 and Pokemon RPG are due this year.

Pokemon alone will be enough to sell another few million machines.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2018, 09:57 AM   #192
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I will wait for the Switch ii.
I think the Switch is a good platform and is where consoles are headed Personally but the Switch could be more refined.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 01:09 PM   #193
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger_ns View Post
I think the Switch is a good platform and is where consoles are headed Personally but the Switch could be more refined.
Hopefully they set it up so they can bump up the hardware specs without screwing with older games.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2018, 02:28 PM   #194
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Hopefully they set it up so they can bump up the hardware specs without screwing with older games.
From what is said so far, they have a long deal with Nvidia. So they're likely to be using Tegra for a while, which means hopefully whatever next is fully backwards compatible.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:52 PM   #195
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Is that confirmed? I would love some Pokemon on switch.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 01:15 PM   #196
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Metroid won't be launching this year. I'll bet a cute puppy dog's life that it'll be delayed.

btw, Amazon has a Dec 28 launch date... that's a bizarre date, and there's no way it's launching on that date.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Feb 6, 2018, 01:56 PM   #197
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

They always set that date for titles they have no idea are coming out, same was said about Xenoblade 2 which also had a "28th december" release.

I also doubt Metroid is due this year, but in their last investor briefing they mentioned Metroid and Pokemon as 2018 titles.

Old Feb 10, 2018, 09:33 AM   #198
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I have one of these, there are seriously only 3 games worth buying on it. Not sure why it has the sales numbers it does. Power of nintendo hype.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:52 AM   #199
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
I have one of these, there are seriously only 3 games worth buying on it. Not sure why it has the sales numbers it does. Power of nintendo hype.
I was excited at first. But here we are and there still doesn't like there are any games available for it. I keep holding off on buying one.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:01 AM   #200
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
I have one of these, there are seriously only 3 games worth buying on it.
Zelda, Mario, and what's your other pick?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Feb 10, 2018, 07:09 PM   #201
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Xenoblade C2, Zelda, Mario in that order.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 08:39 PM   #202
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Mario + Rabbids kingdom battle isn't bad, but yeah, those are pretty much the only exclusives worth buying.
There are a few non-exclusives that are very good as portable games, people rave about the Doom port, Mario Kart 8 is great, Sonic Mania, Rayman legends are both decent.

Brawlout sucks brawls BTW.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:11 AM   #203
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I've heard good things about splatoon. I'd totally buy it if it had 2 player splitscreen so I could play with my son.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Feb 11, 2018, 05:06 PM   #204
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Mario Kart
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 05:51 PM   #205
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How much of a difference is there between Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe anyway??? (Besides graphics of course)
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:42 AM   #206
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
How much of a difference is there between Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe anyway??? (Besides graphics of course)
The Switch version has proper battle mode arena's which Nintendo stupidly left out of the WiiU version. Maybe it wasn't stupid as I ended up buying it for the Switch because of this. At this point Nintendo is doing a lot of ports which honestly are pretty much identical to the WiiU version of the games. Its probably genius on their part as they dont have to put a bunch of money into new games at the moment.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 08:18 AM   #207
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmmmmm, I don't think that would change my decision on which one to buy, personally...

Obviously, it makes sense that they just remake the WiiU games, since hardly anyone played the originals....But every Mario Kart so far has been the only one on that system (including handhelds.) If that's the case here, that'd be pretty weak for big fans of the franchise!
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 09:52 AM   #208
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Switch has a few new characters (like King boo), can hold 2 items at once, and arena battle mode.

unless you really need that battle mode (its pretty damn bad tbh with the racetracks) I don't think its substantial enough to warrant a re-buy.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:35 AM   #209
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I got my switch for christmas, with 4 games:

Mario Odyssey
Zelda BotW
Mario Kart
Arms

We've played a good number of hours on Mario Kart, especially when my kids have friends come over. I put a few hours into Mario Odyssey. We barely even tried out Arms.

But flippin' Zelda has completely consumed our lives for the last 2 months. We've got 3 profiles going, for me, my 9 year old, and my 4 year old. Normally I would say that I just don't have time to play a long game, but Zelda has proven that I can make time if I really want. I've completed 80+ shrines, 3 sacred beasts, all but the last photo memory, upgraded most of my armor including the ancient armor, retrieved the master sword, etc etc etc.

Actually I also started The Last of Us about the same time, but Zelda's put that on hold too. I'll get back to it later. I'll get back to Mario Odyssey eventually, and prolly give Arms another go at some point.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Feb 12, 2018, 05:00 PM   #210
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger_ns View Post
Buy the Switch 1 now, your going to be waiting a long time!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...221939538.html
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote