Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Feb 9, 2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Arrow Yahoo! to Reject Microsoft Bid - Source

The Wall Street Journal has reported that Yahoo plans to reject Microsoft's takeover bid, saying it 'massively undervalues' the company.

(Fortune) -- Yahoo plans to reject Microsoft's $44.6 billion takeover bid, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday, citing a person familiar with the situation.

The source, according to the paper, said Yahoo's board believes Microsoft's offer of $31 per share "massively undervalues" the company and does not account for the risk that a deal could be blocked by regulators.

The source also said that the company is unlikely to consider any offer below $40 per share, according to the paper. Such a premium would increase the value of the takeover offer by $12 billion.

Microsoft would not comment to Fortune on the report.

Source: CNNMoney.com
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

what is ms thinking anyway? They should invest more into their current portfolio. Like Zune, windows, and xbox. I really think this yahoo buy is a bad idea.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 05:25 PM   #3
sebazve
Rage3D Veteran

sebazve is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
what is ms thinking anyway? They should invest more into their current portfolio. Like Zune, windows, and xbox. I really think this yahoo buy is a bad idea.
perhaps they have so much money and they don't know what to do with it
sebazve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebazve View Post
perhaps they have so much money and they don't know what to do with it

They should invest in R3D and give each member who has over 5K posts a million dollars.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 06:27 PM   #5
TRD Supra
Olivia`WiLdE!

TRD Supra is still being judged by the masses

I hope yahoo doesn't do it. Yahoo doesn't need MS to come and F everything up.
Saitek Eclipse | My Games | Panasonic 37" TC-37LZ800

Gigabyte mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo
EVGA 7800GT
GSkill 4GB 2x2
DELL 19" LCD
Seagate 120GB
Pioneer DVD Burner
Logitech Elite
Windows 7 Pro

TRD Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
They should invest in R3D and give each member who has over 5K posts a million dollars.
I agree.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 06:37 PM   #7
-n7-
Radeon Arctic Islands

-n7- is still being judged by the masses

I don't find anything Yahoo offers to be worth using.

They aren't worth half of 45M, so i still dunno why MS wants to throw away money.

n7

n7
-n7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The idea was to gain the user base from the portal, I think this is nuts from Yahoo however. This bid is more than the company is worth and they are nuts to pass it up. In the end however I do not think it will hurt MS.

I think MS would be better servered to take like 2 billion of the proposed bid and use it to buy up the BEST talent from Google and Yahoo and then SMASH them.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 09:57 PM   #9
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

again i ask:

who uses yahoo! anyway? last time i visited the website was atleast 3 years ago.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:38 PM   #10
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by -n7- View Post
I don't find anything Yahoo offers to be worth using.

They aren't worth half of 45M, so i still dunno why MS wants to throw away money.
Zimbra email is a very good product.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:44 PM   #11
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

hey, at least it not AOL
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:15 AM   #12
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

yahoo and aol have billions of page hits on their web properties every year. just because you or i don't use them doesnt mean that tens or even hundreds of millions of other people don't! aol may be #4, for example, but its still a player - and a HECK of a lot cheaper than Y! would be for msft to acquire... wouldn't help on the search-front, but aol has a heck of a lot of content, #2 email, #1 total IM, and quite the audience ad reach and click through from what i remember reading. maybe msft will look there next, except google owns a piece of aol already, so if msft acquired them it'd still have to pay google.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:40 AM   #13
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Supra View Post
I hope yahoo doesn't do it. Yahoo doesn't need MS to come and F everything up.
I hope yahoo does not **** up MS. I could give a rats ass about yahoo.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 01:34 PM   #14
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
again i ask:

who uses yahoo! anyway? last time i visited the website was atleast 3 years ago.
I have a free Yahoo! e-mail account that I use when I want to sign up to forums and newsletters that I do not completely trust with my good accounts. In fact, I used it as my Rage3D e-mail address until a few months ago.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 05:23 PM   #15
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I have a Yahoo account, but it's only used for access to unlimited music video watching on music.yahoo.com/www.musicvideos.com.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:37 AM   #16
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

So Yahoo! did reject the bid from MSFT. Next take-over target for both MSFT and Yahoo!: AOL. Wait and see...
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:08 PM   #17
Steve N
Radeon R420

Steve N is still being judged by the masses

My ISP (Rogers) has some kind of deal with Yahoo, and the Rogers homepage is filled with Yahoo content, and I believe our email is even done through Yahoo servers. By buying Yahoo, Microsoft buys the contract with Rogers. I don't use the Yahoo/Rogers homepage, except maybe once a week to check the spam filter, but a lot of customers get it set up by the installation disk and just leave it in place.
Steve N is offline   Reply With Quote