Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:33 AM   #3781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Chubz your summary should read: Rush ftw.

Not a fan of CQ at all, especially metro.. the maps are bigger/longer in rush aswell.

KAC the post process AA option under MSAA is FXAA
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:47 AM   #3782
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

When do we get the back to karkland maps? Or am I missing something?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:49 AM   #3783
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ok, so I've played it for a few hours.

What I like:
- Battlelog. The website itself is cool. Works well, detailed, easy to join matches.
- The graphics. Incredible. So incredible in fact it motivated me to finish the craptastic singleplayer campaign.
- The performance: flawless for me, with everything maxed out.
- The hit detection: unlike BC2, I've had zero issues with it.
- Some of the maps are pretty great.
- Sound effects: audio eargasm

What I don't like:
- Battlelog. No matter how good it is, it doesn't excuse the fact it's a god damn website, and having the game running isn't a persistent experience, at it should be.
- Some of the maps are pretty crap.
- The UI, which is the biggest minus for me. It's really really bad, no matter how you look at it. The chat window, the map, the lack of character customization anywhere but in game, the cramped interface for said character customization, the inability of accessing any useful stuff unless you're actually playing, etc.
- the singleplayer campaign. They had enough money to cover the sovereign debt of Greece and the best they could do was a COD clone with quicktime events. COME ON !

At this point I have to say I liked Bad Company 2 better.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:58 AM   #3784
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeh BF3 is good, but imo its a step down from BC2 in many ways and is much closer to MoH/CoD, plus I miss the jungle maps from BC2..
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:58 AM   #3785
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
At this point I have to say I liked Bad Company 2 better.
I was with you until this part...
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:01 AM   #3786
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
I was with you until this part...

I'll probably change my mind in a few days; I've played a lot of BC2, I knew all the maps very well, knew how to play, it was a pleasant, familiar and comforting experience. BF3 is a huge unknown for me at this point, and that's probably why I'm siding with the Bad Company.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:08 AM   #3787
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post

I'll probably change my mind in a few days; I've played a lot of BC2, I knew all the maps very well, knew how to play, it was a pleasant, familiar and comforting experience. BF3 is a huge unknown for me at this point, and that's probably why I'm siding with the Bad Company.
Ye but the the maps in BC2 were **** also for the most part, the UI was ****** and the SP was no better than BF3. IMO Both games have flaws but the Pros of BF3 are far greater then that of BC2, granted it's a new game but still.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:14 AM   #3788
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
SUMMARY
Overall, the top three maps that give the complete Battlefield experience are Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, and Kharg Island. The maps that are a little too cramped for major vehicular warfare but offer fun infantry killing grounds are Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, and Noshahr Canals. The maps that either disappointed me greatly or that I feel flat out suck are Operation Metro, Damavand Peak, and Tehran Highway. So three large maps, three small maps, and three maps that I don't like at all at this time. I really expected better map design from DICE and Operation Metro is easily their worst Conquest map to date. Hopefully in 2012 we'll see more, better maps to play and the Karkand pack that releases later this year will give us some large maps to play in a different setting to help scratch that oldschool Battlefield "itch."
Agreed mostly but in comparison to BC2 maps it's quite a big step up. In fact that game really only had one "largish" map for conquest and that was Atacama Desert. White Pass, Laguna Alta, Panama Canal (tank sniping yay) and Laguna Presa were frequently played CQ maps but they weren't big (bout the size of tehran highway really).

In some respects the inconsistent map quality is down to the fact that they wanted everything playable in all the modes. They didn't do that in BC2 (patched it later as "new" maps).

My point is that I think the map quality and range is better than BC2, I think that firestorm and caspian are better than any of the BC2 maps and possibly better than all of them combined. Of course BF2 maps were huge and open conquest marvels, at least we get a few of those free in a few months. Have you tried rush and deathmatch on the non-conquest friendly maps? So far I've enjoyed them more than BC2.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:14 AM   #3789
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BC2 is not better. Stfu.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:19 AM   #3790
demo
space cadet

BF3 is the better game for sure, but its like they took 3 steps foward and 1 step back from BC2.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:19 AM   #3791
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

It is my understanding that Bad Company (1 and 2) was console version of Battlefield. It was never meant to be a successor to original Battlefield (PC) franchise.
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:29 AM   #3792
PowerK
Gamer

A question.

I discovered that there's PnkBstrA.exe running all the time under Process tab in Windows Task Manager.

After Googling, I confirmed that it is in fact, Punk Buster.

PnkBstrA.exe is listed all the time even BF3 is not running. (checked straight after cold boot)

Why does this process listed even I'm not doing anything related to online game play nor BF3 ? I don't like it - kinda like a spyware..
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:44 AM   #3793
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerK View Post
Why does this process listed even I'm not doing anything related to online game play nor BF3 ? I don't like it - kinda like a spyware..
Quote:
Starting with Windows Vista, there is a greater focus on security (which is a good thing). Unfortunately, however, with this focus comes a bit of complexity. In order for games having PunkBuster integrated to be more secure, the part of PunkBuster that needs full access to the computer for scanning purposes now must run all the time at the system level. This is necessary due to new Microsoft requirements for gaming under Windows.
http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:51 AM   #3794
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Does anyone know which scope has the very thin lines that form a cross for the assault, I can't find it it's pissing me off.
Quote:
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:56 AM   #3795
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Ok, I can't figure this out.

How the hell do I use the scopes and grips that I've unlocked? I don't see an option to equip your weapon with any features?
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:01 AM   #3796
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post

How the hell do I use the scopes and grips that I've unlocked? I don't see an option to equip your weapon with any features?
Go to customize, in the loadout there is option to change guns etc for each class. Select loadout. Once there, and you are on a gun, it will show accessories. Accessorize the shiz and pump some bitches.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:02 AM   #3797
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post

when you are choosing the weapon, there is a button on the bottom right which lets you choose the attachments.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:19 AM   #3798
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

The latest CAP seems to have fixed all stuttering I was having. Game is running smooth as butter now.
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:26 AM   #3799
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

LOL luv the scoring... I came in second in my second game almost only from taking flags hhhe...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.8.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.8.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:41 AM   #3800
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Kind of ticked off finding a low ping server. I set the filter to 1-5 slots open all maps, all game modes and most of them are almost full and some that aren't I click on to join become full at that instant.

Does this game need more servers up or what?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:52 AM   #3801
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
LOL luv the scoring... I came in second in my second game almost only from taking flags hhhe...
I love it, actually. It's cool to be in the top 3 by simply playing smart and clever. In BC2, you had to killwhore the entire match to even come close.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:52 AM   #3802
PowerK
Gamer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:00 AM   #3803
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
I love it, actually. It's cool to be in the top 3 by simply playing smart and clever. In BC2, you had to killwhore the entire match to even come close.
Best part is points for flag neutralize which they didn't even award points for in BC2.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:06 AM   #3804
S.Nixx
Null & Void

S.Nixx is still being judged by the masses

Any ideas how to fix an issue where changing any setting seems to knock out the resolution? I get borders around my max resolution for some reason. Its like it knocks out the scaling or something (latest drivers) so I have a 1920x1080 bordered and blurry instead of max and sharp. Ive tried adding custom resolutions etc but nothing worked, (ati)
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:34 AM   #3805
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

i just started playing co-op and its currently my favorite mode with the 1 map, but get this....

DICE didnt include a chat feature in a co-op match!!!! i mean seriously, WTF??? how could they forget to include something this simple???? really sucks that this is obviously still BETA, i mean there's no excuse for this. massive fail for them. i can't communicate with my partner and tell him where to go or where im going. its such a rudimentary feature, how could they overlook this?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:59 AM   #3806
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I agree about metro, it's an absolutely terrible conquest map. It should, quite frankly, simply be removed from the queue list as a conquest map.
One of the best rush maps IMO.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:43 AM   #3807
Ust
Radeon R300

Ust is still being judged by the masses

Anyone else experiencing an issue with not being ableto change "Terrain Quality" to anything higher than Medium in the Video options?

I've seen this issue on two other fora - both with Nvidia cards.

I can set everything else up to High or even Ultra but not Terrain Quality. This option only have low and medium available ( Though I don't plan on having everything on ultra with my current card)

I've tried setting Overall graphics setting to Auto but it still does not go any higher than medium.

Restarted game several times and it does not help either.

I have only tried the Campaign.

My setup:

[email protected]

4870X2 with Catalyst 11.10 Preview and latest Application Profiles.

Windows 7 64bit

Is there a way to alter the settings manually in a ini file or something?
Ust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:54 AM   #3808
Litennörd
Radeon R420

Litennörd is still being judged by the masses

The terrain uses tessellation and a DX11 card is required for that

No "fix" possible unless Dice suddenly implements support for the HD3000/HD4000's tessellator unit
Litennörd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:02 AM   #3809
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I think you can safely lay the blame for a lot of the shortcomings at the fact that its a multiplatform release.

As soon as the consoles were getting it, thats when I knew sacrifices were going to be made.

I never believed all their BS about the PC getting 30% bigger maps either. From what I gather, consoles and PC have the exact same maps.

The only thing which can really save that is if a miracle happens, and EA grants permission to allow release of mod tools, so then the PC guys can create their own maps. If that ever does happen, it will be after we have swallowed 2-3 map packs first.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:04 AM   #3810
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Best part is points for flag neutralize which they didn't even award points for in BC2.
Yeah I am doing the same because I can't kill worth crap because of extremely bad pings in a 64 playa server.