Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:06 PM   #3661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Ye I'm getting a new system in about ~ 3 weeks when the New Intel CPUs come out. But seriously? dipping down to low 20's on all low? what the **** is that all about. Is the 2500k that much better then the q6600?
You need more GPU power too, and imo you are getting a combination of poor GPU performance and CPU performance.

to answer your question about 2500k, yes the 2500k is that much faster than the Q6600, I got rid of my Q6600 when BC2 was released, at 3.8 it was a bit slower with much lower minimums than the i5 750 at stock clocks I have in my spare pc, and in my main pc I bought an i7 930 which was a little faster than the i5 750 although similar, and when oc'd to ~4.2 was about 50% faster in BC2, then I bought a 970 (sold the 930) which is a little faster than the 930 again at equal clocks (especially in BC2/BF3) plus it oc's to 4.6.
To cut a long story short, the progression from Q6600 to I7 970 has almost doubled frame rate in BC2, especially minimums, you could expect a 2500k at similar clocks to perform pretty close in anything that uses 4 or less threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
It can´t be the cpu, my q6600 sits around 50% on all cores during action. I think you are using msaa which kills performance in this game in particular. Go with post aa.
That doesnt mean anything, the CPU doesnt have to be at 100% load for you to be CPU limited.

You guys will find with high end MGPU, which BF3 needs to run at decent settings, you need i5/i7 to power it these days.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:09 PM   #3662
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

BTW, game is great. Took me about 3 or 4 hours to warm to it, but I like it

Runs like a dream too.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:21 PM   #3663
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Running everything on Ultra settings at 1600x1200 and haven't seen the frame rate drop below 46 here (sp campaign first two or threee missions)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:45 PM   #3664
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post
Still don't know why Battlelog doesn't show me Ping for servers.
Turn off your firewall, that does the trick for me. I can join games fine with it on, but pings don't show up. turn it off and voila there they are.

That aside, finally got up to a 1kdr wohooo took me 12 levels as an engineer to get out of the whole i dug, testing and unlocking all the gun upgrades for each gun as I go , hopefully i just keep getting better. Seems like I have a game where i go 26-2 then the next game I will get one shotted a ton and end up 13-15, weird. After i unlock the Javelin, I am going assault. At least I have a 2.0 win loss ratio, better than i had in bfbc2.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:47 PM   #3665
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

one thing that annoys me is that they showed a ton of destruction on the trailers but you can only blow up walls most of the times, i saw more building destruction in bc2 than here
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:47 PM   #3666
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ok, checked FPS on a 32 player Metro just now. Low of 57, high 88.

Settings:
1680x1050 (sorry, older monitor)
Textures Ultra
Everything else High
Deferred AA Disabled (Post is High)
AF 16x

The Q6600 works great imo...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:58 PM   #3667
KAC
Menacing in Black

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How do I see friend requests on this piece of crap? For some reason my origin says Chat Disabled and doesn't show any friends or requests...

Is it because I am downloading BF3?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:26 PM   #3668
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:31 PM   #3669
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

wow, that's horrible.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:34 PM   #3670
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Seems to be making my dwm.exe skyrocket in memory usage. Have a batch file already to restart dwm so not a huge deal but it's annoying.

Edit: Used radeonpro profile to disable dwm

(Nm, didn't change loading times false alarm.)

Last edited by Roxen : Oct 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Roxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:55 PM   #3671
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Well color me surprised! I just started the singleplayer game (stupid late activation here) because I dont have time for anything else this morning, I tweaked some settings around and put sound to war-tapes, I watch the soldier smash through the window and its working perfe...

Wait no its not. ITS UNPLAYABLE

The menu work just fine. Ingame the mouse dont work. It feel like a one of those archaic wireless mice that turn off to save battery unless you move them around all the time. If I move it slowly, it wont aim at all. If I move it fast... Well then I cant aim but the view is moving at least. If I do something in between it just skips around. Its not an fps issue, that's just fine. Its just a choppy mouse.

After dying 10 times in the first scene I gave up trying to fix it. I joined a MP server to try and what do you know, same thing. Works perfect in the spawn menu. Choppy and impossible to aim ingame.

The beta worked fine
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:47 AM   #3672
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Couple of notes about maps.

Metro in conquest is pretty unbalanced, it favours the side that starts above ground. We were playing against a superior team (they killed us in the maps before and after) yet they couldn't penetrate the middle checkpoint, we had control of the 2 checkpoints for 95% and won. When it was their turn they had control of the three checkpoints.

Damavand peak is pretty crappy in conquest. It has two very close checkpoints outside each end of a HUGE tunnel. So both sides take the checkpoints and then infantry and tanks fight it out in the tunnel for the middel point. Yes you can get a chopper and get behind the lines but it's rarely effective because you have so many units spawning back there.

Those two maps definitely feel foreign in conquest, pretty sure they are designed for Rush.

Grand Bazaar is actually pretty good in conquest, lots of alleyways, lots of ways around. It's not very fun in rush mode (really bad chokepoints). In conquest you get a lot of fight in the middle alleyway but it's not abused and nor is it forced. It's actually fun to fight in there from time to time, even had an APC shooting rounds down there lol.

I think we all know caspian and it's a decent conquest map, operation firestorm seems pretty decent so far, haven't played enough to judge. Actually had a lot of fun with that in team deathmatch which is just the middle section. Seine crossing seems pretty crap with 64 players, way too open and one team can practically corner the entire other team to one checkpoint and just rake in the kills.

If I had to guess the maps that will be most popular in conquest it would be kharg, firestorm, caspian, canals, bazaar. Tehran is alright but can get cramped and seems laggier than other maps.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:51 AM   #3673
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Ye I completely agree about Metro, the team on the top side usually wins on conquest.

Siene crossing is awesome though!
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:49 AM   #3674
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

wow just wow, i just played a bit on my 50" plasma and 5:1 surround with "Wartapes" on in the sound menu.....lol that was insane!

I was hiding behind a wall when a tank just blew me and the wall up. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! ushhhh i almost fell of the sofa

DID I MENTION TO PUT "Wartapes" ON IN THE AUDIO MENU
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:49 AM   #3675
lemonhead
Radeon R700

lemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You shouldn't have to download the game again on reinstalling Origin. All Origin games have a directory '__install'. There should be an executable there for setting up the already installed game one more time.
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:58 AM   #3676
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Am I the only one who is still having the one shot kill issue?

This is what I mean. You run up on a guy, unload on them, they turn around and one shot you.

I would love to enjoy this game, but I can't seem to get anywhere at all because I can be running along and without a chance in hell to react...I'm dead. I can run up behind a guy and put a full clip in to them, but they turn and one shot me. I am so frustrated at this game right now.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:59 AM   #3677
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Yes, the game sounds are insane

My sub thanks for the workout
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:00 AM   #3678
m4trix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny View Post

This is what I mean. You run up on a guy, unload on them, they turn around and one shot you.

I would love to enjoy this game, but I can't seem to get anywhere at all because I can be running along and without a chance in hell to react...I'm dead. I can run up behind a guy and put a full clip in to them, but they turn and one shot me. I am so frustrated at this game right now.
Try a 32 player server
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:00 AM   #3679
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

It's happened to me a few times, but thankfully it's not a game breaking thing just yet. Something that does annoy the piss out of me, however, is encountering someone with an SVD at close range and even as you unload onto them with your automatic weapon, they click once or twice and you instantly drop dead. I've slammed my hand down on my desk I don't know how many times over that crap.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:04 AM   #3680
m4trix
Banned

And i ****ing love the internet game browser and stats. So ****ing fast. Now thats good coding!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:50 AM   #3681
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

I've had it happen a few times, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time like in the beta. Still not perfect, but at least it is an improvement.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:47 AM   #3682
demo
space cadet

One thing that annoys me is it doesnt show the out of bounds area on the map why the feck did they leave that out?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:49 AM   #3683
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Why does the squad system suck so much? I can't spawn on anyone 99% of the time. Yesterday my friend was in my squad and I could only spawn on him. He could spawn on the other two guys but I couldn't, so I had to wait for him to spawn and then spawn on him
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:47 AM   #3684
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
One thing that annoys me is it doesnt show the out of bounds area on the map why the feck did they leave that out?
Yeah it's great to be walking along and then suddenly you die because you went out of bounds, but yet you never knew it. This has happened to me on a few occasions.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:00 AM   #3685
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

i jumped the gun and got it. loving it but do any of you get stuttering in Ultra in a single card setup? i understand there's a stuttering issue in crossfire, but my 5870 gets stuttering & its a single card.

Also, what's the diff between "hi-fi" audio and "war tapes" audio? wish they'd have a little bubble to explain this like most modern games.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:02 AM   #3686
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

compunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird sings

I am getting terrible stuttering in sound and video in all the cut scenes between levels where your being interogated. I am also getting the same thing in the very begining of the game where the marines are walking through gun fire before you push enter to start the game. Any fix for this? My sound is fine in game and in all ingame cut scenes.
compunoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:18 AM   #3687
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Getting the jaggy FPS problems with my system and the 8.892.0.0 drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:23 AM   #3688
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

I've had plenty of times where i get a side view of a someone looking the other way, switch to single shot, and pop a clip to a clip and a half at them, then they turn and spray the automatic and i die with what i guess was a head shot.
Full auto gun fire needs to be far less accurate
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:24 AM   #3689
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
i jumped the gun and got it. loving it but do any of you get stuttering in Ultra in a single card setup? i understand there's a stuttering issue in crossfire, but my 5870 gets stuttering & its a single card.

Also, what's the diff between "hi-fi" audio and "war tapes" audio? wish they'd have a little bubble to explain this like most modern games.

This is the memory usage that sweclockers got on their 580gtx on the ultra, high, medium and low setting.

Looks like ultra and 1gb vram is no big no no.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:27 AM   #3690
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post

Not enough vram. War tapes makes the game sound like an old tape by compressing dynamic range, some people like it, but all you are really getting is worse sound. If it is like in BC2, then Home Cinema should get you the best sound.