Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:14 PM   #3511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

can anyoune tell me what hoops i have to jump thru to be able to play this piece of **** online.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:21 PM   #3512
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so hows about that stuttering when you don't have intel...
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:32 PM   #3513
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
so hows about that stuttering when you don't have intel...
Is it every server? Seems I have lag and rubberbanding on some that are evidently running on Little Jonny's Dell.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:38 PM   #3514
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

fml I need a new PC

I wish I new how to overclock this C2D ugh.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:39 PM   #3515
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Ive played a few online games now and haven't been having any problems.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:40 PM   #3516
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
fml I need a new PC

I wish I new how to overclock this C2D ugh.

Overclocking doesn't seem to do a whole lot for you in this game, its the quad core cpu that you need.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:50 PM   #3517
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I think I'm going to give this game more time (maybe 1-2+ weeks) before taking it seriously. Right now, it just has far too many problems. From the random game crashes and server disconnects to the awful rubber-banding and lag in 85-90% of the servers I join, it's just more frustrating than it is fun. When it does work, it's a blast. The only problem is, rarely ever does it.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:53 PM   #3518
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Wow disabling hyperthreading cleared everything up. Game runs smooth as can be.

LOVE THIS GAME!
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:57 PM   #3519
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
So.. is there any place that sells this game for $30 atm?
Got it for $34 off cdkeysdiscount last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealyPssd View Post
I've been trying to join an MP game for at least the last 10 minutes...

By the time anything happens as a result of me pushing the join server button, the server is full..

I pressed the "Quick Match" button 5 minutes ago and still nothing..

Anyone else having these troubles?

Edit: I finally managed to join a game and then CTD'd =(
I had trouble earlier tonight and had better luck when I filtered out all the servers that weren't 5+ free spots. I agree, tho, it's annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Excellent footage showing just how laughable the SP campaign is:

I have to agree with his Homefront comparison 100%. In fact, I'd advise that you check out his Homefront video which demonstrates exactly why that game, like Battlefield 3, sticks with the formula so many developers today use and desperately need to break away from. He's one of the few commentators who truly understands the crap we're being fed and does a great job showing and exploiting it - probably far better than I could ever do.
That dude is trolling hard. It's really not that difficult to turn the sound down and do a voice-over of stupid just about any game is. I hardly watched that b/c it was pissing me off but I caught him dissing the fighter jet sequence... I thought that part of the game was pretty sweet.

Quote:
WTH, game was playing great last night, now it is stuttering like a bitch
I had some issues when turning around fast where the screen almost felt like it was stuttering. I was getting over 60fps at the time. I turned off v-sync and it went away. I'd like to get vsync back on if anyone has a fix. Maybe I'll try new drivers.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:09 PM   #3520
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well single player is far superior to the bad company 2 offerings. Not quite up there with recent call of dutys mostly because of those last minute polish things. I enjoyed the story, the game suffers because it has less iconic characters and fewer memorable set pieces but it's well presented if you ask me. The guns feel great, not just a few of them. Swapping out with any of the dropped weapons and they just felt powerful and accurate. The pacing works well, close quarters and ranged, sniping, vehicles and some different locations. Health balance seems alright, enemies go down super quick but you can take a few bullets in rapid succession. As long as you keep behind some cover it's not hard.

Didn't really face much infinite respawning stuff. Single player doesn't rely on destruction like BC2 did so often, perhaps they went too far in the opposite direction though. Doesn't have stupid segments like when you had to run from house to house to keep warm. Seems Danger Close helped on this one and I think it shows. QTE things are just cutscenes that require button presses, it's not like you have to push them fast, just make sure you get them right. I wouldn't call the single player great, but it was good enough to warrant a play through. Took about 4-5hrs for me.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:25 PM   #3521
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

So how will my PC play it? Part of me wants to hold out the expierence until I get a 7900
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:26 PM   #3522
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yay, just got my first crash.

For anyone wondering about map size, for Rush they apparently took the same cone shape and cut it out of all of the conquest maps. Every map feels larger than any of the BC2 maps, but I have no clue if they really are. You're always starting out storming a beach or some open field, then they funnel you in to some choke point at the end where it's a pain in the ass to blow up the last two MCOMs.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:33 PM   #3523
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

soo... no back to karkand?

and where is the server queue... why do they keep dropping good established features
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:38 PM   #3524
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
soo... no back to karkand?

and where is the server queue... why do they keep dropping good established features
Karkand comes later this year I reckon. No idea about the server queue. I actually wondered about that myself.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:45 PM   #3525
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
What does the blinking red mouse icon mean?

after you run up the staircase a guy jumps you. I fight back for a few seconds then die, or the screen goes black (can still see the BF3 icons/ ammo/ etc.) and I die. What are you suppose to do here?

Come on guys, help me out. Played this sequence 20 times atleast, samething everytime. How the **** do I get past this??
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:48 PM   #3526
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

..... at this point i'll give em $10 more to put the BC2 gui in this game
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:49 PM   #3527
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

you have to click the mouse repeatedly squiggle.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:50 PM   #3528
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Which button? I've tried both, each one, scroll wheel, scroll click

Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:57 PM   #3529
Evileh

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

I dunno. I'm still trying to get past the level after the earthquake. Playing on Hard, is well..... Hard.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:09 PM   #3530
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
can anyoune tell me what hoops i have to jump thru to be able to play this piece of **** online.
You and me both.

I played the game a day early thanks to DAVE. The servers were great and played very well, till about 4am. I noticed the hit detection issue started. I could pump a full clip in to them and all they do is turn and single shot me every ****ing time. So I said that was enough, went to bed expecting a server reset or some unforeseen maintenance fix. Get on today and it's worse, horrible lag on low ping servers, hit detection is worse and the lovely "You have been disconnected from the server" every five minutes of game play on any servers.

I know this is release day and there is more than likely going to be some bugs or issues. However, isn't this why you Alpha and Beta test a game?
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:14 PM   #3531
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

The only buttons you need for the QTEs are E, SPACE, Right Mouse and Left Mouse. A red icon indicates you've hit a wrong button too early. Are you pressing anything when the cutscene starts? There aren't many where you have to press repeatedly either.

edit: btw you CAN bind mouse 4 and 5, i was clicking on the "keyboard" part of the bind screen DURR (keyboard, mouse joystick binds are separate)

Last edited by nutcrackr : Oct 25, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:15 PM   #3532
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

well played a quick rush game, i turned off occlusion and motion blur and the game runs great, didnt notice any dips or slowdowns on my rig, it looks great too, not gonna try to up the graphics much because my cpu and gpu wont be able to handle it
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:17 PM   #3533
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
Was having the same problems earlier, even though yesterday everything was fine. Uninstall punkbuster, delete the PB folder from the BF3 folder, and do a repair on the game (right-click the game in Origin). That fixed it for me.

I still don't know why I don't get any "Ping" info in the browser (running Firefox). It has a "-" in that column for every server.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:18 PM   #3534
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny View Post
You and me both.

I played the game a day early thanks to DAVE. The servers were great and played very well, till about 4am. I noticed the hit detection issue started. I could pump a full clip in to them and all they do is turn and single shot me every ****ing time. So I said that was enough, went to bed expecting a server reset or some unforeseen maintenance fix. Get on today and it's worse, horrible lag on low ping servers, hit detection is worse and the lovely "You have been disconnected from the server" every five minutes of game play on any servers.

I know this is release day and there is more than likely going to be some bugs or issues. However, isn't this why you Alpha and Beta test a game?
Yeah the servers yesterday were almost perfect. It has to be some idiot with a high ping coming in and screwing everything up for people I'd imagine. I was on a server earlier tonight, played perfect (it was about half full) Then more people came in and it seemed to go to ****.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:18 PM   #3535
Evileh

Today has been absolutely horrible for rubberbanding.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:19 PM   #3536
KAC
Menacing in Black

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICE
Net code works best when there are up to 16 players
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:31 PM   #3537
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Are they serious with this chat screen? Every chat takes up two lines with

Fred SAY TO ALL
hi guys this game is rubberbanding all over
Bill SAY TO SQUAD
fred is an idiot

color code the teams, one line per chat. god it worked fine in 2142 and BF2 why do they go backwards in so many ways?

few 64 man servers I joined were pretty bad lag wise. load times much longer than BF3 beta for anybody else??
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:34 PM   #3538
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

i keep thinking how much i'd love to have the mirrors edge girl in this game..
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:06 PM   #3539
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not having much issues here.
Only thing I've had bothering me was lag on CERTAIN maps and battlelog not playing nice with Firefox.
Besides that, running pretty great!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:14 PM   #3540
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

The game and its whole online service is pretty wild so far. Some minor quibbles of course; some lag and the chat box can be slimmed down JUST a bit. Other than that i think the game is executed pretty well. Im rather surprised how well the performance is for the amount gfx is going on.

Love our platoon, its growing!!!

The whole web thing is taking some time to get use to, but i think its headed in the right direction.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote