Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:17 PM   #3481
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
SP was fantastic. I don't know what the guys were smoking who subtracted points for SP in the reviews. It looks stunning, runs like silk and it's simply epic.
It looks pretty, but the gameplay is as bad as it gets. There is no redeeming gameplay in the campaign at all. None. I felt like I was on one of those rides at Disney World or Universal Studios. You're always told what to do and how to do it and have absolutely zero freedom to play the way you want to. I'll never touch it again, that's for sure.

Last edited by Chubz : Oct 25, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:19 PM   #3482
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
It looks pretty, but the gameplay is as bad as it gets. There is no redeeming gameplay in the campaign at all. None.
It's just like call of duty, just with a little less respawning!

And the press loves cod, so they should love bf3.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:20 PM   #3483
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
It looks pretty, but the gameplay is as bad as it gets. There is no redeeming gameplay in the campaign at all. None. I felt like I was on one of those rides at Disney World or Universal Studios. You're always told what to do and how to do it and have absolutely zero freedom to play the way you want to. I'll never touch it again, that's for sure.
That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes I want a directed experience. Still, as short as the campaign is....
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3484
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

There's a SP campaign?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:33 PM   #3485
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
isnt this pretty much every game these days? maybe your one of the people who thinks deus ex allowing you to go in through a vent or a door is freedom though.

only open world games really have any freedom its a pitty they didnt do a mission where you have to assault a base in a proper huge map like the multiplayer ones though kind of like the old school "project igi" levels where you had to sneak into an airbase etc
€L1T€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:37 PM   #3486
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Dude there hasn't been a game I haven't seen you complain about to the ground. Every game has at least a portion of it that has a redeeming quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:51 PM   #3487
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Dude there hasn't been a game I haven't seen you complain about to the ground.
Rage, Payday, Deus Ex, The Witcher 2, and even Limbo just to name a few. I just know mediocre, entirely forgettable games when I play 'em and believe me: Battlefield 3's SP campaign fits that bill. It tries too hard to be Call of Duty, has way too many QTEs, the level design is too linear, and you only get to drive one vehicle - a tank - throughout the entire thing. I was constantly asking myself what I was playing because it certainly wasn't Battlefield. I'm just disappointed DICE sold out and decided to cater to the Call of Duty crowd. I'd much rather have practice mode in single-player to improve my shooting, driving, and flying skills. Developers seriously have to pull their heads out of their asses and start working on improving the formula for campaigns because the on-rails, respawning enemies crap isn't cutting it for me anymore.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:57 PM   #3488
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not sure if you guys can see this but - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/362708435/
I'm Sicarius-N by the way, I forgot to put that down lol

Post your stats!
I'm 11-1 in matches so far. I lost my last one due to new guys trying out aircraft instead of going for flags.
Loving the game right now. Loving.It.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Oct 25, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:02 PM   #3489
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
So what are the maps like, that's my greatest concern. Are they the traditional monstrous Battlefield maps, or are there a ton of annoying small "Call of a duty" maps?

Been reading reviews stuck at work. The IGN review was a complete waste of time and said absolutely nothing about the game. The review at 1UP though is a lot better.
I've only tried Rush, for the most part, but..

Some of the maps are pretty wide open. I made the mistake of not taking a vehicle a couple of times, ran for what seemed like forever, then got sniped while trying to hoof it across a field and realizing I just wasted 5 minutes of my life. There are a few that are more city-like, funneling you into streets or alleyways. I'm guessing Conquest opens things up even more.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:19 PM   #3490
Chubz
Doomer

Excellent footage showing just how laughable the SP campaign is:

I have to agree with his Homefront comparison 100%. In fact, I'd advise that you check out his Homefront video which demonstrates exactly why that game, like Battlefield 3, sticks with the formula so many developers today use and desperately need to break away from. He's one of the few commentators who truly understands the crap we're being fed and does a great job showing and exploiting it - probably far better than I could ever do.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:33 PM   #3491
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Excellent footage showing just how laughable the SP campaign is:

I have to agree with his Homefront comparison 100%. In fact, I'd advise that you check out his Homefront video which demonstrates exactly why that game, like Battlefield 3, sticks with the formula so many developers today use and desperately need to break away from. He's one of the few commentators who truly understands the crap we're being fed and does a great job showing and exploiting it - probably far better than I could ever do.
They did break away from that formula in bad company 1, but the reviewers did not like it, so they codified the sp in bc2 and bf3.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:35 PM   #3492
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
They did break away from that formula in bad company 1, but the reviewers did not like it, so they codified the sp in bc2 and bf3.
Yeah, that sucks. I watched my brother play the campaign on BC1 and it looked really, really interesting. Far better than what BC2 and BF3 had to offer.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:15 PM   #3493
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I decided the SP was @#$% when on the roof with the sniper it was instant scripted death for crouching instead of prone.

I like that he also complains about the overdone, distracting, play interfering lighting

edit: Totalbiscuit

Last edited by night : Oct 25, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:30 PM   #3494
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
I've only tried Rush, for the most part, but..

Some of the maps are pretty wide open. I made the mistake of not taking a vehicle a couple of times, ran for what seemed like forever, then got sniped while trying to hoof it across a field and realizing I just wasted 5 minutes of my life. There are a few that are more city-like, funneling you into streets or alleyways. I'm guessing Conquest opens things up even more.
What is the ratio of small "call of duty" style maps compared to regular Battlefield maps? I can't find anything or anyone talking about the maps any more.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:40 PM   #3495
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Is this real life?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:46 PM   #3496
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

I just had a weird game.
My team was losing and thought what the heck might as well try a tank, took the 50 position. It was fun mowing down the players on foot especially when they are trying to take the tank out. Slowly my squad mates starting leaving my squad WTF, then players starting leaving the server, we won the game and I went 14/3 not a great Kill score but we won. I dont get it. there were only 16 players and less by the end..
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:47 PM   #3497
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
Is this real life?
Yes it is Sixer.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:59 PM   #3498
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The first couple of engineer guns seem way underpowered.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:02 PM   #3499
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

WTH, game was playing great last night, now it is stuttering like a bitch
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:11 PM   #3500
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

What does the blinking red mouse icon mean?

after you run up the staircase a guy jumps you. I fight back for a few seconds then die, or the screen goes black (can still see the BF3 icons/ ammo/ etc.) and I die. What are you suppose to do here?

Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:13 PM   #3501
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
That was awesome
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:14 PM   #3502
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Any reason why "Ping" doesn't show anything on any servers, just a "-"?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:34 PM   #3503
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Anyone having issues with Battlelog being slow with Firefox? Seems to work perfect in IE..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:49 PM   #3504
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
The severe stuttering with nvidia 8/9/gt200 cards is caused by the latest couple of drivers

what the hell is nvidia doing

Ps.- Thanks for the help guys.
Is this true? because I got some nasty..I mean nasty stutter. I am running dual 460's (768mb) in SLI and most of the time things are great but when I move there is some serious stutter. Not enough that would hamper the game but enough to annoy the crap out of me.

I though I read here that disabling Hyperthreading would work? Any help would be appreciative.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Oct 25, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:56 PM   #3505
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Is this true? because I got some nasty..I mean nasty stutter.
TURN OFF HYPERTHREADING. First post should be added with this info.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:00 PM   #3506
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

got the game, runs ultra 60 fps all the time @ 1600P so far in SP. can only run 2xaa tho, might have to turn aa off for MP, can't connect to any servers it says you have been disconnected from the login server on every server i try to connect to
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:01 PM   #3507
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
I decided the SP was @#$% when on the roof with the sniper it was instant scripted death for crouching instead of prone.

I like that he also complains about the overdone, distracting, play interfering lighting

edit: Totalbiscuit
yea i had to try that about four times before i finally let the stupid script play out... its worth getting past it though some of the levels are really good its definetly a good experience overall.

just spoiled by the scripted bits like the sniper guy and the press space bar , press left mouse button , press E moment.

theres not to many of those though
€L1T€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:08 PM   #3508
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

I hate that button pressing bullshit. Thats when I take a quick break to swig my beer.

I don't need to be actively involved with the cutscene, I'm already sitting down and playing the damn game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:11 PM   #3509
Mangler
PC

People who hates the qte crap will love the Paris level, it only had 4 or 5 of those hand to hand "fights"...

Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:13 PM   #3510
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post

TURN OFF HYPERTHREADING. First post should be added with this info.
Thanks Mate.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Oct 25, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote