Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 5, 2020, 08:32 PM   #37381
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
My phone wouldn’t charge anymore, my left earbud quit working on my sennheiser momentum ear buds and my watch was acting funky so I bit the bullet and bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max, AppleTV, Apple Watch 5, and AirPod Pro’s.
Jumped hard into the ecosystem?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 08:41 PM   #37382
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Jumped hard into the ecosystem?
Hard and deep
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:27 AM   #37383
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

- 1500sq ft of Mohawk SmartStrand carpet / Stainmaster carpet pad (installed on Thursday)
- New furniture
- John Deere e130 riding mower

and

- 65" LG CX OLED television
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:56 AM   #37384
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
- 1500sq ft of Mohawk SmartStrand carpet / Stainmaster carpet pad (installed on Thursday)
- New furniture
- John Deere e130 riding mower

and

- 65" LG CX OLED television
Yeaaaaaa boy! ^high five^

You have it already? I’m dying for mine to arrive.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2020, 11:39 AM   #37385
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Yeaaaaaa boy! ^high five^

You have it already? I’m dying for mine to arrive.
I'll be picking it up in about 2 hours.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 01:05 PM   #37386
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I'll be picking it up in about 2 hours.
with you get it!!!

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Jun 6, 2020, 04:10 PM   #37387
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
with you get it!!!
I haven't really had much time yet to mess around...

Old Jun 6, 2020, 05:17 PM   #37388
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

So thin...

Also, dat contrast

Congrats dude. Looks amazing!

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 6, 2020, 07:03 PM   #37389
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
You bought another one? You sick bastard!

Lemme guess, your wife wanted to try out yours, but you were like, "oh no dear. You don't wanna know where this one has been". It's for her amiright?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2020, 07:36 PM   #37390
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

I have one for every day of the week. Not the most durable of items though, so I make sure to get my money’s worth. Ever danced with a Wookiee in the pale moonlight? #evenjokercouldntimaginethisone

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 6, 2020, 08:11 PM   #37391
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I have one for every day of the week. Not the most durable of items though, so I make sure to get my money’s worth. Ever danced with a Wookiee in the pale moonlight? #evenjokercouldntimaginethisone
It looks like it would come out great with some beard oil
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2020, 09:51 PM   #37392
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lenovo C340 laptop for the son. I5, 8 GB, 512 SSD, 14 inch, MX230, stylus etc. Pretty cool laptop for school work.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 09:57 AM   #37393
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

6:15am, Monday, and I'm over this week already

Woke up to let the dogs out at 6:10am, walked outside...new TV just sitting on the porch waiting to be stolen. No text or call from Amazon delivery (like they said), and they didn't get my signature. Checked the delivery receipt and it says "Signed for by receptionist"....WTF? I'm not KAC. I don't have servants and definitely don't have a receptionist.

Get on the horn with Amazon CS:
Me: *tells them story*
Them: "We apologize for the inconvenience....*dead air*"
Me: "Ooooook. So what are we doing about this? I have zero confidence in ordering expensive items from you guys going forward. I could have had this delivered Saturday from CostCo and not risked it being stolen or dealing with dishonest delivery people."
Them: "We could file a complaint."
Me: "Ummm...yeah, that's a good step 1. How do I track the complaint / follow up? What comes next?"
Them: "Well, we will be giving you $30 towards your next order."
Me: "Well, that's nice - and I do appreciate it - but how exactly does this instill confidence in me to order from you instead of my local option?"
Them: ^crickets^
Me: "Well ok then. Hopefully they treated the delivery better than the drop-off. If this thing is broken I'll be calling back later. Hoping it isn't."
Them: "Sounds good. Have a great day! *click*"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Won't be able to check the TV until after work, but if it's broke they can come back and pick it up and I'll take my happy ass to CostCo and buy one there.
Them: "

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:15 AM   #37394
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Woke up to let the dogs out at 6:10am, walked outside...new TV just sitting on the porch waiting to be stolen. No text or call from Amazon delivery (like they said), and they didn't get my signature. Checked the delivery receipt and it says "Signed for by receptionist"....WTF? I'm not KAC. I don't have servants and definitely don't have a receptionist.

Me: "Ooooook. So what are we doing about this? I have zero confidence in ordering expensive items from you guys going forward. I could have had this delivered Saturday from CostCo and not risked it being stolen or dealing with dishonest delivery people."
Me: "Ummm...yeah, that's a good step 1. How do I track the complaint / follow up? What comes next?"
Me: "Well, that's nice - and I do appreciate it - but how exactly does this instill confidence in me to order from you instead of my local option?"
Me: "Well ok then. Hopefully they treated the delivery better than the drop-off. If this thing is broken I'll be calling back later. Hoping it isn't."

Won't be able to check the TV until after work, but if it's broke they can come back and pick it up and I'll take my happy ass to CostCo and buy one there.
Meh. I don't know who delivers by you, but here it wouldn't be Amazon. If that is the case for you as well, I'm not sure why you'd blame them.

I'm sure the TV is fine. Be happy.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:19 AM   #37395
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Meh. I don't know who delivers by you, but here it wouldn't be Amazon. If that is the case for you as well, I'm not sure why you'd blame them.

Amazon delivers in lots of cities.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:22 AM   #37396
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Amazon delivers in lots of cities.
Indeed, I see the little Amazon vans in my hood even on Sundays.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:23 AM   #37397
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

At least they delivered it? I think at this point amazon is dropping and going for deliveries. Put your notifications on for the amazon app and look for the picture they take when they deliver it and drop it off. Thats the best youre gonna get.

Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:40 AM   #37398
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:

It's Amazon. The little blue van makes stops multiple times per week.

Hoping the TV is fine, but never know. I'll be happy later tonight once I unpack if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
At least they delivered it? I think at this point amazon is dropping and going for deliveries. Put your notifications on for the amazon app and look for the picture they take when they deliver it and drop it off. Thats the best youre gonna get.
I'm good with no touch delivery, just send me a text or call first. I'd never leave a near $3k item just sitting on someones porch without some form of verification that they are home. Checked the notification and there is no picture of the delivery.

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:00 AM   #37399
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Hoping the TV is fine, but never know. I'll be happy later tonight once I unpack if it works.

I'm good with no touch delivery, just send me a text or call first. I'd never leave a near $3k item just sitting on someones porch without some form of verification that they are home. Checked the notification and there is no picture of the delivery.
We've always been really fortunate in getting notifications...so far. Glad you got your merchandise .....I might be a little envious lol
Old Jun 8, 2020, 02:33 PM   #37400
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

hey at least it isn't like the last time i ordered a tv from amazon

i forget exactly how long it took to ship a TV from PA to IN but because they shipped it freight instead of using ups or fedex it took ****ing forever and i had to contact both amazon and the shipping company to get my package actually moving because the shipping company let it sit in PA for weeks

they could have hired an amish man with a horse and buggy and got it here quicker

anyway i bought this... probably going to record farts with it

Last edited by necropimp : Jun 8, 2020 at 02:44 PM.
necropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 03:31 PM   #37401
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:

Maybe your area. I literally get a push message when they are 10 stops away. And one when it's there with a picture. If I were waiting for a TV if be basically at the door waiting though lol.

Old Jun 8, 2020, 04:55 PM   #37402
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Switched my cancelled LAX-OSL tickets to Stockholm. Hope Sweden lets in Americans mid-July! Looking forward to meeting Jased again
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 09:28 PM   #37403
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm in Kentucky... Bourbon that I can't buy in PA.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:15 PM   #37404
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

TV worked. Thank God! They really packed this thing well inside the box. Half my dining room was filled with styrofoam blocks before I got it out of the box

Picture required just the tiniest amount of fiddling to get right (from the base ISF calibrated bright room preset) but man...put on some 4K HDR undersea documentaries and WOW. It’s so lifelike it was like I could reach in and grab the fish. My old set (now in the bedroom) was less than 6 months old and was a pretty damn good looking set, but the image quality on this thing makes it look like garbage.

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 9, 2020, 12:36 AM   #37405
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
TV worked. Thank God! They really packed this thing well inside the box. Half my dining room was filled with styrofoam blocks before I got it out of the box

Picture required just the tiniest amount of fiddling to get right (from the base ISF calibrated bright room preset) but man...put on some 4K HDR undersea documentaries and WOW. It’s so lifelike it was like I could reach in and grab the fish. My old set (now in the bedroom) was less than 6 months old and was a pretty damn good looking set, but the image quality on this thing makes it look like garbage.
Going from 1080p plasma to 4k HDR LED was life changer!
Old Jun 9, 2020, 08:12 AM   #37406
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

The only part I hated was attaching the base. The screen looks so fragile I thought I was going to break it.

Any reason you are not using filmmaker mode?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 08:25 AM   #37407
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Asus Zephyrus G15

I have a C9 and it is great, though not perfect. I got one with a vertical banding issue on 5% gray. My next TV may be a new TCL second gen 8 series. Won't have to worry about any burn-in with that set, so the LG will be in the bedroom after that.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Addlink S70 2TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:08 AM   #37408
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
The only part I hated was attaching the base. The screen looks so fragile I thought I was going to break it.

Any reason you are not using filmmaker mode?
Haven’t played with it enough yet. Went with a slightly modified config using the RTings settings for this set as a base.

Once I get more time this weekend I’ll play around more. Have you tested out all the modes?

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 9, 2020, 02:19 PM   #37409
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Switched my cancelled LAX-OSL tickets to Stockholm. Hope Sweden lets in Americans mid-July! Looking forward to meeting Jased again
OH shi! That's during my vacation, as long as I'm not traveling somewhere myself we should definitely meet up
Old Jun 9, 2020, 03:08 PM   #37410
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post
OH shi! That's during my vacation, as long as I'm not traveling somewhere myself we should definitely meet up
I'll hit you up when things are a bit clearer; I should be landing in Stockholm on July 10th and hanging around for a few days with the family.