Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

AMD AMD Hopes To Earn $22 Billion Revenue In 2025 For A Staggering 232% Growth Over 2019!

AMD Hopes To Earn $22 Billion Revenue In 2025 For A Staggering 232% Growth Over 2019!

Chip designer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc (AMD) announced its decision to acquire programmable computing solutions designer Xilinx, Inc in October. AMD is known for its processors and graphics processing units, and through the deal, the company hopes to expand its silicon footprint to also include a variety of products that Xilinx sells - in a move that will better place AMD strategically against its traditional and larger rival Intel Corporation and also allow the company to target the growing artificial intelligence, datacenter and 5G segments.

As part of its offer and calculations for the deal, AMD provided its future financial projection estimates to DBO Partners, LLC - AMD's financial advisory firm for the entire affair. These projections go beyond the details that AMD had revealed in its financial analyst day earlier this year, and they provide a glimpse into what the company expects of itself over the course of the next five years.

wccftech
EYE4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 07:59 PM   #2
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4LYFE View Post
AMD Hopes To Earn $22 Billion Revenue In 2025 For A Staggering 232% Growth Over 2019!

Chip designer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc (AMD) announced its decision to acquire programmable computing solutions designer Xilinx, Inc in October. AMD is known for its processors and graphics processing units, and through the deal, the company hopes to expand its silicon footprint to also include a variety of products that Xilinx sells - in a move that will better place AMD strategically against its traditional and larger rival Intel Corporation and also allow the company to target the growing artificial intelligence, datacenter and 5G segments.

As part of its offer and calculations for the deal, AMD provided its future financial projection estimates to DBO Partners, LLC - AMD's financial advisory firm for the entire affair. These projections go beyond the details that AMD had revealed in its financial analyst day earlier this year, and they provide a glimpse into what the company expects of itself over the course of the next five years.

wccftech
Lisa Su is pretty brilliant. It's worth noting she has also quietly trimmed a lot of fat throughout the company effectively making her R/D dollars count for more. It goes to show just what one leader and person can do. They were about to go bankrupt now they have a market cap 100x more than they were 5 years ago. The best thing about her is that she seems to be actively aware of things and has a knack for wanting to be on the attack.
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 08:03 PM   #3
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
Lisa Su is pretty brilliant. It's worth noting she has also quietly trimmed a lot of fat throughout the company effectively making her R/D dollars count for more. It goes to show just what one leader and person can do. They were about to go bankrupt now they have a market cap 100x more than they were 5 years ago.
I like AMD very much but I question your motives.

I'll ask it plainly. Are you affiliated with AMD in any way?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 30, 2020, 08:07 PM   #4
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I like AMD very much but I question your motives.

I'll ask it plainly. Are you affiliated with AMD in any way?

I'm a programmer and silicon fan. I also have a special place in my heart for Radeon. In reality, I teach Russian, German and English.

but it's hard to find a decent graphics forum for Radeon focus other than Redit... and this place is kind of green.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Dec 30, 2020, 08:13 PM   #5
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

I'm a programmer and silicon fan. I also have a special place in my heart for Radeon. In reality, I teach Russian, German and English.

but it's hard to find a decent graphics forum for Radeon focus other than Redit... and this place is kind of green.
Okay, good to know. We've had problems with stealth marketing on some forums before. You are new here and new posters usually have to earn some stripes.

Sorry for the harshness of the question.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 08:20 PM   #6
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
Okay, good to know. We've had problems with stealth marketing on some forums before. You are new here and new posters usually have to earn some stripes.

Sorry for the harshness of the question.
Like NV Focus group? Influencers such as that moved past vboards a long time ago.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:17 PM   #7
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Like NV Focus group? Influencers such as that moved past vboards a long time ago.
we had 2 or 3 here at one time

[H] still does i think
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:16 PM   #8
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
we had 2 or 3 here at one time

[H] still does i think

ChrisRay, JethroBodine, and Vengeance.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 03:53 AM   #9
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
ChrisRay, JethroBodine, and Vengeance.
wasn't there a razor ?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:32 AM   #10
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I like SuperGeil. I think people here aren't used to new members. We've all been arguing with each other for 20 years. Bunch of salty, crusty ****s we are.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:50 AM   #11
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
wasn't there a razor ?
Razor1 wasn't part of the focus group, imho.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 09:02 AM   #12
Higgy10

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Razor1 wasn't part of the focus group, imho.
he may as well have been
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 12:52 PM   #13
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
he may as well have been
and he had it in his Signature at one time
Old Dec 31, 2020, 01:13 PM   #14
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

He may of been and don't recall the signature. Had a lot of debates with him, and the other focus members never mentioned him.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 03:32 PM   #15
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
What about AMD team red plus? Did you forget about them? Both sides are the same there is no difference. AMD or Nvidia, buy what you want and can afford neither are interested in you It's business pure and simple.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 03:54 PM   #16
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
What about AMD team red plus? Did you forget about them? Both sides are the same there is no difference. AMD or Nvidia, buy what you want and can afford neither are interested in you It's business pure and simple.
i don't think i have ever seen one
Old Dec 31, 2020, 04:08 PM   #17
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
i don't think i have ever seen one
It was a group AMD recruited and gave freebies to so they would give good reviews whatever the product. Basically AMD shills. Google it if you've never heard of it. Both sides do the same thing so neither side is better or worse. That's business.

We leave the EU in under 2 hours never voted for it so let's see what happens. Fingers crossed but from a tech point of view I'm done with my RTX 3090 and Ryzen 3800X. Happy chappy.

Anyway Bill Happy New Year, hope you're dad gets better and let's all hope for a great 2021.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Dec 31, 2020, 05:20 PM   #18
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
It was a group AMD recruited and gave freebies to so they would give good reviews whatever the product. Basically AMD shills. Google it if you've never heard of it. Both sides do the same thing so neither side is better or worse. That's business.

We leave the EU in under 2 hours never voted for it so let's see what happens. Fingers crossed but from a tech point of view I'm done with my RTX 3090 and Ryzen 3800X. Happy chappy.

Anyway Bill Happy New Year, hope you're dad gets better and let's all hope for a great 2021.
you to
Old Jan 1, 2021, 04:19 PM   #19
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I like SuperGeil. I think people here aren't used to new members. We've all been arguing with each other for 20 years. Bunch of salty, crusty ****s we are.
you seem like a swell guy yourself Nunz, thanks.

Quote:

You are embarrassing yourself. That cringy twitch stream group is not the same thing and you know it. Nvidia used/s a third-party advertising agency to hire people to promote their products while pretending to be unbiased consumers. In the past, it was AEG that would subcontract out these people. They would (not Nvidia) give these people free hardware and pretend they bought it and promote it.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 04:48 PM   #20
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:

You are embarrassing yourself. That cringy twitch stream group is not the same thing and you know it. Nvidia used/s a third-party advertising agency to hire people to promote their products while pretending to be unbiased consumers. In the past, it was AEG that would subcontract out these people. They would (not Nvidia) give these people free hardware and pretend they bought it and promote it.
now NV just pays digital foundry
Old Jan 1, 2021, 05:50 PM   #21
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Just semantics, both were social media influencers.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:43 PM   #22
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

ya... semantics...
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:48 PM   #23
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:

The only person embarrassing themselves is you as you're coming across as a massive AMD fanboy. Take off your red glasses and look at the real world like the rest of us.

Did you buy the last three Radeon GPU's? Oops I did. Does that make me objective about AMD I think so. I've also bought Zen + and Zen 2 have you? Please don't lecture me about AMD I've put my money where my mouth is have you? Please let me know I'm dying to hear fanboy
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:56 PM   #24
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Where you put your money does not make you more or less right on things.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 08:12 PM   #25
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Where you put your money does not make you more or less right on things.
But it gives me the right to an opinion because I've bought it, experienced it and can make a valued judgment on it's performance rather than someone who hasn't bought it and just summarises other people's opinions. Easy really.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 08:22 PM   #26
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
But it gives me the right to an opinion because I've bought it....
I'm confused here... what is it you bought in this thread that gives you a more validated opinion on marketing strategy? Or really anything?
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 08:26 PM   #27
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

Quote:
Just semantics, both were social media influencers.
Come on ,Man. The Nvidia Focus Group were viral marketing shills disguised as normal forum posters like us.

Only when they were caught did they confess.
AMD had nothing insidious like this group.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 09:50 PM   #28
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I'll agree that the secret nature of the focus group was a betrayal to the community and Nvidia being too aggressive. Personally don't have any problems with social media being used for company executives, managers, engineers, influencers or extreme fans as long as it is up front. They both had advocacy marketing programs.