Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 24, 2020, 04:50 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Seriously!
Just shows AMD's lack of a global vision. Nvidia are trying to buy Arm which is based in Cambridge UK and is promising to spend billions in developing the company and it's UK base. So it looks like one company looks to be a global leader and the other just a small fish in a big pond behind both Nvidia and Intel in their markets in the USA.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 04:57 PM   #122
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Just shows AMD's lack of a global vision. Nvidia are trying to buy Arm which is based in Cambridge UK and is promising to spend billions in developing the company and it's UK base. So it looks like one company looks to be a global leader and the other just a small fish in a big pond behind both Nvidia and Intel in their markets in the USA.
I also think that global shipping has gone to hell these days. Looks to me like both nV and AMD botched their respective launches.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:03 PM   #123
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
That's a little off base thing to say, or are you forgetting both Sony & MS consoles are running AMD hardware now for multiple generations? Along with AMD having just bought Xilinx. The people who invent FPGA.

The reality is that the manufacturing space is just not available. Spin in the current global pandemic and we are all in for a rough ride. This isn't AMD's fault, this is an industry fab problem. It's affecting everyone, hell even Intel has been having supply shortage problems globally all year.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:07 PM   #124
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

When are the 6800 AIB reviews out? Or have the reviewers not got any either

Bill do you really think they'll be any 6900XT's on launch date. Maybe four, one for Frank Azore, Scott Henklemen and Lisa Su and one to sell so it's not a paper launch. Then a tweet from Frank saying 'hey I managed to get one'

Obviously the 6900XT are the 'golden sample' so if they can't supply any mainstream 6800's what are the chances? Just saying. At least M$ has admitted that it won't have enough XSX until maybe Q2 2021 but AMD keep saying they're producing a load of 6800 chips but then none are available.

Had an email this afternoon from AMD saying I can get Far Cr 6 for free with a new 3000 CPU WTF. Where the f*ck are your 5000 CPU's? Probably the same place as their 6800 GPU's. I suppose they have to try and sell something if they can't supply new CPU's and GPU's. Just a very small company in America.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:19 PM   #125
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The 5000 CPUs are around on and off on Amazon and other retailers in the USA. I have no idea what that situation in Europe is. The GPUs are another story.

yoz
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:22 PM   #126
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

don't know if there will be any 6900 xt's for me to get

but i won't pay a scalper and i won't be butthurt about

it's the end of 2020 everyone by now should know by now Sh*t happens

hell i lasted 4 years in the US Navy not getting what i wanted
i can last to next spring if need be for a 6900 XT or maybe a 7nm TSMC NV card but i really don't think that will happen this gen
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:24 PM   #127
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
That's completely off base thing to say, or are you forgetting both Sony & MS consoles are running AMD hardware now for multiple generations? Along with AMD having just bought Xilinx. The people who invent FPGA.

The reality is that the manufacturing space is just not available. Spin in the current global pandemic and we are all in for a rough ride.
Xilinx is a company 99.999% of people have never heard of and an American company to boot. Inward looking again. I had to google what FPGA meant but I didn't have to google ARM

I think virtually everyone has heard of Arm it powers all our smartphones. Nvidia also bought Mellanox an Israeli company so one company is looking at global domination and the other is happy in it's own back yard.

TBH most of people don't really bother what's powering their XSX or PS5 it just works as a console. They will never ever probably buy another AMD product in their lifetime because they don't need to. In a couple of years AMD sales/royalties will drop substantially in SOC sales as they did with the Xbone.
That's life.

There are market leaders like Nvidia and Intel and market followers like AMD. Look at their market share in CPU/GPU. Does math lie? No it's a fact. They've got about 20% share in their two main markets. Do you want to argue that?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:34 PM   #128
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

it would not surprise me one bit if NV moves ARM out of the UK in a few years
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:37 PM   #129
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The 5000 CPUs are around on and off on Amazon and other retailers in the USA. I have no idea what that situation in Europe is. The GPUs are another story.
I can't say for Europe because as you've told me I only live in the UK but here their are zero 5000 CPU's to buy. Why do you think AMD sent me the email about the 3000 series?

Look I'm disappointed with AMD because I want to buy their products and they're lying to me saying there's loads available when there is not. TELL ME THE TRUTH I can live with it. Don't tell me I can buy a 6800 AIB card tomorrow when none exist.

If you say OK it isn't going to be available until March 2021 I can wait. I waited the two months to get an AIB 5700XT I was cool. I just hate the schitt about what's going to happen tomorrow when the few cards sell out to bots and i get pi**ed off about it. AMD need to tell us the truth, the whole truth and nothing else about their crappy supply and apologise. Do that then I can move on.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:44 PM   #130
bill dennison
Banned

AMD is waiting on TSMC and NV is waiting on Samsung

and i don't think either of them really know for sure when the log jam will clear .
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:47 PM   #131
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Xilinx is a company 99.999% of people have never heard of and an American company to boot. Inward looking again. I had to google what FPGA meant but I didn't have to google ARM

I think virtually everyone has heard of Arm it powers all our smartphones. Nvidia also bought Mellanox an Israeli company so one company is looking at global domination and the other is happy in it's own back yard.

TBH most of people don't really bother what's powering their XSX or PS5 it just works as a console. They will never ever probably buy another AMD product in their lifetime because they don't need to. In a couple of years AMD sales/royalties will drop substantially in SOC sales as they did with the Xbone.
That's life.

There are market leaders like Nvidia and Intel and market followers like AMD. Look at their market share in CPU/GPU. Does math lie? No it's a fact. They've got about 20% share in their two main markets. Do you want to argue that?
No offence Lordhawk, but your just being a stir on this. Not knowing what FPGA is, doesn't really matter, it's incredibly important.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:56 PM   #132
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
it would not surprise me one bit if NV moves ARM out of the UK in a few years
Bill, Jensen posted an article in the Cambridge times stating how he has contacted all Universities in Cambridge offering to sponsor as many students as possible on IT/AI development and has given a cast iron agreement to the UK Government not to move the HQ from Cambridge and also to keep ARM's open architecture prominent moving forward.

Oxford & Cambridge are not just a University but there are numerous ones in each town. They attract the world's best students and this week have produced the Oxford Vaccine in connection with Astra Zeneca to fight Covid. They are way above place places like Harvard, Stanford or MIT in the US. If it ain't broke and you pay $40bn it doesn't need fixing.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 06:18 PM   #133
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
No offence Lordhawk, but your just being a stir on this. Not knowing what FPGA is, doesn't really matter, it's incredibly important.
OK important to whom? I'm degree and post graduate educated (History) I didn't know so what do you think Joe Public would understand FPGA means? I do know who ARM are and what their chips do though. Is that OK? I've never heard of Xilinx in my life or what they do and to be honest am I bothered? Not unless someone explains it to me. But I know what ARM do. My Galaxy S20 has some of them and most of us are normal people on here not nerds so try and remember that.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 06:48 PM   #134
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

That's fair, but I'm not going to explain FPGA to you, or why Xilinx is important, it will derail the entire thread further. I'll just link the wiki if your curious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xilinx

But all of this is incredibly off-topic. So it ends here. Please return back on topic. If you like LordHawkwind, you could open a thread in General hardware about the battle going on between AMD, Intel and nVidia. It's going to be interesting as these 3 start to butt heads more than ever before.

System:
Old Nov 24, 2020, 06:54 PM   #135
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Strong bitterness is, path to darkside does bitterness lead.

~Master Yoda

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Nov 24, 2020 at 07:18 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 06:57 PM   #136
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Bill, Jensen posted an article in the Cambridge times stating how he has contacted all Universities in Cambridge offering to sponsor as many students as possible on IT/AI development and has given a cast iron agreement to the UK Government not to move the HQ from Cambridge and also to keep ARM's open architecture prominent moving forward.

Oxford & Cambridge are not just a University but there are numerous ones in each town. They attract the world's best students and this week have produced the Oxford Vaccine in connection with Astra Zeneca to fight Covid. They are way above place places like Harvard, Stanford or MIT in the US. If it ain't broke and you pay $40bn it doesn't need fixing.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/arm-...uk-europe.html
Old Nov 24, 2020, 08:33 PM   #137
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

That's life.

People like you have been predicting and wishing for the death or decline of AMD for years now.

Have patience you will get a card soon .I will be more relieved than any one in the world if you in particular get your card so maybe you might post less and play more. It will end your frustration and your stories and incessant complaints about not scoring a card.

Good luck in scoring that card. I really, really hope you do.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 05:40 AM   #138
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 NITRO+ tested with Furmark

The power virus test has been performed with the upcoming Radeon RX 6800 Series from Sapphire.

Sapphire Big Navi NITRO+
The leaker from Chipehll provided a quick Furmark test of the new Sapphire cards. He claims that they perform better than AMD reference designs, despite being overclocked. This is also the new information that has not been made public yet – the clock speeds.

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 NITRO+ appears to feature (and I apologize in advance if I read this wrong, the image is blurry) a game clock of 1980 (+165) MHz and boost clock of 2190 (+85) MHz. Meanwhile, the RX 6800 XT NITRO+ would carry a frequency of 2045 (+30) MHz and 2285 (+35) MHz

We do not know how long the benchmark has been running, but in the screenshots provided by the leaker, we see that the temperature of RX 6800XT NITRO+ has reached 85C in the hot spot. The actual temperature has not been shown, as the sensor has been configured to report on MIN value (it started with 43C). On the other hand, the RX 6800 non-XT NITRO+’s hotspot reached 75C while the GPU temperature has reached a steady 58C.

Bear in mind that Furmark does not represent gaming workload in any way. GPU manufacturers consider this a power virus that should not be used during testing (it’s a recommendation in reviewers guide).

https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire...d-with-furmark

EYE4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 07:37 AM   #139
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Any response from AMD about the CryEngine issues yet? I still play the Crysis games.
Losing hope that Radeon driver team is doing any better...
Old Nov 25, 2020, 09:37 AM   #140
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

GamerNexus and LTT are late to the party

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 09:49 AM   #141
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

looks like the red devil this time around is the best card.

the asus AIO one may pull ahead due to the watercooling but who knows if the pcb will be as overbuilt as the powercolor one.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:01 AM   #142
acroig
Master Troll

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-review,1.html

That looks very sharp without any anime gayness.

yoz
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:01 AM   #143
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:48 PM   #144
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
It's very wet. Apparently it's at the bottom of the Bermuda Triangle
Old Nov 25, 2020, 04:12 PM   #145
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

[quote=NIGELG;1338247247]People like you have been predicting and wishing for the death or decline of AMD for years now.

Have I now. OK. Let's play top trumps shall we. I'll go first with my last three GPU purchases.

1. Sapphire AIB AMD Fury R9.
2. Sapphire Reference Vega 64.
3. Sapphire Pulse AIB 5700XT.

I've even been trying to buy an AMD 6800 or 6800XT.

Current CPU is a Zen+ 2700 with an Asus AMD X470 motherboard.

Would you care to comment or try and trump me
Old Nov 25, 2020, 04:23 PM   #146
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Nigel does not allow anti AMD comments.

yoz
Old Nov 25, 2020, 04:32 PM   #147
bill dennison
Banned

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338247476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
People like you have been predicting and wishing for the death or decline of AMD for years now.

Have I now. OK. Let's play top trumps shall we. I'll go first with my last three GPU purchases.

no you are not anti AMD

but you are a ............. AMD drama queen
Old Nov 25, 2020, 05:00 PM   #148
acroig
Master Troll

Default MSI Afterburner Beta 4

yoz
Old Nov 25, 2020, 05:32 PM   #149
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

You're not a *true* AMD fan if you didn't buy the Radeon VII.

On that note, you want to buy a Radeon VII? Lightly used, with box. Never mined or OC'ed!
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 06:06 PM   #150
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

[quote=bill dennison;1338247484]
Quote:

no you are not anti AMD

but you are a ............. AMD drama queen
Cheers Bill I'm an absolute AMD drama queen but a lot of it stems because I care. Can't help it.