Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default RetroCopy - SEGA Genesis, SEGA Master System, SEGA Game Gear, NES EMULATOR

Accurate yet high performing

RetroCopy emulates home consoles and arcade systems such that you can play the games made for them on your PC. Now you can go back to the good times that you spent playing some of the best games ever made. Emulation involves simulating hardware in software, and RetroCopy simulates hardware extremely accurately (at the cycle level) which ensures old games are represented exactly like they were on the real systems.

Total Control

RetroCopy allows you to rewind a game at any point, so if you make a mistake just rewind and correct it! RetroCopy gives you all the features you wished you had on the real thing. If you want to save the game just exit and it is saved automatically for you!

http://www.retrocopy.com/Default.aspx

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Feb 17, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Pirate Neilsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

http://www.retrocopy.com/sega-genesis.aspx

RetroCopy emulates the Sega Genesis / Megadrive components at the cycle level for the YM2612, PSG, Z80 and VIDEO. It has very high accuracy with this 16-bit system. Also emulated are the SVP, EEPROM and SRAM cartridge hardware addons.
RetroCopy supports both the 3 button and 6 button controllers of the Sega Genesis, and supports 2 person multiplayer on the same computer.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:57 PM   #3
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

awwww it uses openGL..
Can you still play the games proper fullscreen? None of this in a virtual tv thing.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Pirate Neilsouth

http://www.retrocopy.com/sms.aspx

RetroCopy emulates the Sega Master System (SMS) at the cycle level for the 3 main components and has extremely high compatability and accuracy with this system. The SMS uses an 8bit CPU (Z80) and features 8KB of RAM and 16KB of video RAM.

The video chip can output up to 64 colors a frame at resolutions up to 256x240 (though 256x192 was most commonly used) and the audio chip can output 3 square channels and one noise channel. The SMS has the capability to output digital audio samples at pretty high quality using the square channels. Some models of the SMS came with a FM chip (YM2413) which RetroCopy will emulates if you so choose.

The SMS base systems usually had a BIOS, which RetroCopy emulates just like the real system if you choose to use one. The BIOS isn't really necessary for emulation and RetroCopy simulates the BIOS if you don't select one for the few games which use it. RetroCopy emulates all known variations of this console, including Japanese, European and North American differences.

There are numerous input devices for the SMS, RetroCopy emulates all of them allowing you to play those games which required different controllers. 3D games are also supported by halving the framerate so that you don't see both images.

Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
awwww it uses openGL..
Can you still play the games proper fullscreen? None of this in a virtual tv thing.
Well i can do full screen yes , it's in the options

http://www.retrocopy.com/nes.aspx

RetroCopy emulates the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) at the cycle level for the main components (CPU, PPU, APU and cartridges) and has extremely high compatability and accuracy with this system. The NES uses an 8bit CPU (6502) and features 2KB of RAM and 2KB of video RAM.

Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Pirate Neilsouth

http://www.retrocopy.com/gamegear.aspx

RetroCopy emulates the Sega Game Gear at the cycle level for the main components and has the highest compatibility and accuracy with this system. The GameGear uses an 8bit CPU (Z80) and features 8KB of RAM and 16KB of video RAM.
Also emulated is the gear-to-gear network cable that was used to link two or more Game Gears together for multiplayer action. RetroCopy is the only emulator which does this.
The video chip can output up to 4096 colors a frame at internal resolutions up to 256x240, though the display was limited to 160x144 output resolution. The audio chip can output 3 square channels and one noise channel.

Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Pirate Neilsouth

After alot of testing and a good number of games i do prefer to have total control over the games with different emulators. This emulator is great for the noob , just unpack a zip file in one of the dirs and play. However not all roms work , some refuse to load up but work perfect in another emulator.

I'll stick to the proper emulators designed for one specific type of console/computer and all the different filters and stretch screens that go with them

Example - FUSION , Which is one of the best emulators of the Sega console and handheld.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:27 PM   #8
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, looks like I'll be keeping to Kega Fusion and ignoring NES emulation for now
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Sentri
Lost in Britannia

Sentri is still being judged by the masses

Also tried it and agree it's for people looking for a pick up a play sort of thing.

Those roms that didn't work, try renaming them removing extra characters and/or caps. vector.SMD didn't work but vector.gen did get picked up by the emu.

Doesn't seem to be any better then fusion or a dedicated nes emu. Both systems had tearing issues, maniac mansion was pretty badly synced. Vector man had a few rendering errors and slow downs in retrocopy that are not present in fusion or on a real Genesis.

Last edited by Sentri : Feb 17, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Sentri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:33 PM   #10
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

If it did snes as well it would be the best emulator ever!

What the hell is Fusion... i still use Gens!

oh and lol at the doctor who remix!!

Last edited by theshadowcult : Feb 17, 2010 at 05:35 PM.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:56 PM   #11
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
If it did snes as well it would be the best emulator ever!

What the hell is Fusion... i still use Gens!

oh and lol at the doctor who remix!!
I think Gens is still being worked on. Fusion used to be Kega, it's by Steve Snake who wrote the seminal KGen.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 05:03 PM   #12
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Thanks, yeah KGen was a goode one, i will look Fusion up i think!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:09 PM   #13
Rayder
Radeon Northern Islands

Rayder is still being judged by the masses

I'll take a look, but I've already spent a lot of time getting all of my emu's setup just how I like and they play everything I throw at them perfectly fine. I don't need to get into yet another emu and start to the whole trial-and-error, this-option-that-option rigmarole again. I was relentless in the setting up of my emu's to run nearly EVERY game using the same settings, just so I wouldn't have to fiddle with settings all the time. I really don't want to start all over again with that annoyance.

I couldn't give a rat's patoot how "accurate" the emulation in the background is, just as long as the game plays like I remember when I'm playing it, I'm good. I'm not that picky.

But like some have already said, this could be good for peeps new to emulation for pure ease of use.....well, except for it not accepting certain ROMs based on their file extension. I could see that throwing newbs for a loop.
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote