Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 10, 2002, 04:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Talking The Big Sega Genesis Challenge!

Hi guys,

Since it's been a little stagnant lately at the forums (or at least it was a couple of days ago), I took a couple of days to make this little quiz for you. I had done this before, as a PC gaming quiz, but this one is much bigger. Click on the link to my site (my first webpage!!! ) and you'll get the rest of the details. But basically it's a quiz consisting of 45 music clips from Megadrive games from my childhood for you to hopefully recognize.

I just hope that you'll have fun! Those who want to have a bash at it, post your answers in this thread, and for the sake of neatness, let's make the answers like this:

1) ----- 2) ----- 3) ----- 4) ----- 5) -----
6) ----- ...

And so on.

Here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/klutzon/Genesis.htm

Have fun!

(And if I may, I'd like to dedicate this quiz to AmanoJaku. )

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)

Last edited by klutzon : May 10, 2002 at 06:13 PM.
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 07:08 PM   #2
AmanoJaku
Whoooo wanta some wang?

AmanoJaku is still being judged by the masses

I'll attack this when I get off work... if that ever happens...

Thanks for the dedication
NO COMPASSION

I am Alpha and Omega.
The beginning and the end.
The first and the last.

this sig was automatically shortened to meet the 10-lines max rule
AmanoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 04:07 PM   #3
klutzon
Found his way home

Unhappy

I must have either picked the wrong console to test you guys out on (the Genesis wasn't that popular in the States I guess), or no one's interested....

Ah well...

(Have fun, AmanoJaku. )

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)

Quote:
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Quote:
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 11, 2002, 04:36 PM   #4
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mystik is still being judged by the masses

Should make one for NES / SNES.. =)
Then I'd take part.. heehe..
Old May 11, 2002, 04:54 PM   #5
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystik
Should make one for NES / SNES.. =)
Then I'd take part.. heehe..
(I knew this was it... )

I know that, and I would make one if I could, but unfortunately I was a Sega person, not very into SNES, and the SNES games I did play, although brilliant, were only a handful. I could make a SNES one for you, and I know that one would be much more receptive, but it'd wouldn't be very big... Still, I'll look into it.

But besides me and AmanoJaku, where's the other Genesis players? col200...jimmt...etc. Where are you guys?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by klutzon : May 11, 2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old May 11, 2002, 08:01 PM   #6
screwi
???_

screwi is still being judged by the masses

i think 8 is from Vector Man, and of course, 9 is MORTAL KOMBAT

8) Vector Man
9) Mortal Kombat

(i only got up to 10 D/L'd before geocities told me that you ahve no mroe bandwidth left)
AMD Sempron 2800+XP w/stock cooling :o -=- Enermax 485w Noisetaker ATX 2.0 -=- ASUS A7N8x-E Deluxe -=- 512MB DDR333 Kingston-=- RADEON 9600Pro -=- 80GB Seagate Baraccuda -=- 120GB WD 7200RPM -=- LG 16x DVD+/-RW -=- LG CD-RW 52/32/52 -=- WinXP Pro[SP 2] -=- Logitech MX510

Last edited by screwi : May 11, 2002 at 08:05 PM.
screwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 08:39 PM   #7
qwqwq
Banned

qwqwq is still being judged by the masses

Me hates geoshitties

I had a Sega MD and changed it for a SNES

trying ur quiz now

8)I dont know, but its not from VMan(I have the roms )
9)I dont think its MK
qwqwq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 09:05 PM   #8
klutzon
Found his way home

I'm sorry about the GeoCities thing, it's my first time with free Web Space, and since I have a Yahoo! account for the past 3 years, I thought it would be neat to have it all in one easy package. But I didn't realise this thing with bandwidth. I'm sorry about that, but there's nothing else I can do...

As for your answers so far... 8 is not Vectorman (I've never even played it) and 9 isn't MK. Although I do know how it can sound similar...

I have a feeling that some of these tunes you guys won't have a hope of getting (I pray I'm wrong)...

I'm going to sleep, but when I get up I'll try my luck at a SNES quiz. But be warned: it'll probably be much easier than this one.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 11, 2002, 09:14 PM   #9
qwqwq
Banned

10) is Gunstar Heroes(One of my fav MD games )
Old May 11, 2002, 09:17 PM   #10
qwqwq
Banned

14) is Spiderman Maximum Carnage

Last edited by qwqwq : May 11, 2002 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 11, 2002, 09:37 PM   #11
qwqwq
Banned

"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!"

i'll leav the rest to AmanoJaku

Last edited by qwqwq : May 11, 2002 at 09:40 PM.
Old May 11, 2002, 09:48 PM   #12
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally posted by qwqwq
"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!"

i'll leav the rest to AmanoJaku
Does that mean you've listened to them all and can't identify anymore, or have you given up?

Ugh, I'm really sorry about GeoCities...

Maybe it'd help if you download each song only one at a time... then, when they're all on your HD, listen to them. You can chuck them when you don't need them.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 12, 2002, 03:14 AM   #13
screwi
???_

screwi is still being judged by the masses

...the beginning threw me off i guess to #9..
/me feels dumb, have discraced my Genesis ability

as for the vector man guess, it sounded like the music from one level.. i can reconize SFX easier then the music.. i guess i focus on what i'm doing, the music just finishes the atmosphere/mood to the game for me...
AMD Sempron 2800+XP w/stock cooling :o -=- Enermax 485w Noisetaker ATX 2.0 -=- ASUS A7N8x-E Deluxe -=- 512MB DDR333 Kingston-=- RADEON 9600Pro -=- 80GB Seagate Baraccuda -=- 120GB WD 7200RPM -=- LG 16x DVD+/-RW -=- LG CD-RW 52/32/52 -=- WinXP Pro[SP 2] -=- Logitech MX510

Last edited by screwi : May 12, 2002 at 03:17 AM.
screwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2002, 08:24 PM   #14
klutzon
Found his way home

*bump*

Hey guys! I made this big quiz because I thought it'd be fun... if no one wants to take a crack at it, just tell me. I'll take it down.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 12, 2002, 08:33 PM   #15
qwqwq
Banned

I like the quiz
but i dont have time

And i already identified 2 games
Old May 12, 2002, 09:29 PM   #16
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally posted by qwqwq
I like the quiz
but i dont have time

And i already identified 2 games
Aye. You have. It's okay. When you guys have the time, take a crack at it. It's just that when you've put in a lot of effort to make something for other people, you get anxious to hear their feedback...

I'll remember to tell myself that although I have all the time in the world on my hands (I'm not in school and not working), most of you guys have lives.

Okay. G'night.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 13, 2002, 08:33 PM   #17
Cple
:O

Cple is still being judged by the masses

Talking

nr 44 i definately streets of rage.....I think its sor 2.

The surprise tune is from the game comixzone.....when I bought the game a music cd came along in the package and this song was on it(among others)..unfortunately I dont have my old mega drive anymore...

I recognize almost all of the tunes although I can't name the games

Good job on getting all these cool tunes together btw
Cple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2002, 08:45 PM   #18
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally posted by Cple
Good job on getting all these cool tunes together btw
Thank you!

I'm glad you like it... it's nice to meet a sega freak like me. It sucks that you can't remember the games, but at least you recognize the tunes. And hey, you got the surprise tune too.

(If AmanoJaku is reading, check you PM. )

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by klutzon : May 13, 2002 at 08:49 PM.
Old May 13, 2002, 09:19 PM   #19
AmanoJaku
Whoooo wanta some wang?

AmanoJaku is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by klutzon
(If AmanoJaku is reading, check you PM. )
beep
NO COMPASSION

I am Alpha and Omega.
The beginning and the end.
The first and the last.

this sig was automatically shortened to meet the 10-lines max rule
AmanoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 06:18 PM   #20
klutzon
Found his way home

*bump*

Give this a go. In the meantime, I'm going to find another free web host who can help me put up the SNES quiz for you.

And if none of you can access GeoCities, please suggest another place to put these up. This is ridiculous. F*ck you Flatland, you had great bandwidth and you cut me off New Year's Eve...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 15, 2002, 10:55 PM   #21
Darksider
It's what's Inside

Darksider is still being judged by the masses

#11 Kid Chamelion

#13 Golden Axe II

That's as far as I got before the bandwidth died.
BFG Tech GTX 260 OC
Seagate 7200.11 750GB & 2x Seagate 7200.10 320GB
Razer Barracuda AC-1 7.1
Logitech Z-680 5.1
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2002, 06:06 PM   #22
klutzon
Found his way home

darksider15, I love your avatar...

I'm going to take down this Genesis challenge (because of Geocities and lack of interest) and make it much smaller, question and length-of-clip wise. I'll also throw in some new clips. Perhaps that'll get you guys going...

Oh, and I'm gonna put up a SNES one too.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 20, 2002, 07:01 PM   #23
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

Go SNES~~
Old May 20, 2002, 11:00 PM   #24
Darksider
It's what's Inside

Darksider is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by klutzon
darksider15, I love your avatar...

Hehe

Old school Final Fantasy kicks ass! Do any of you guys read the web-comic 8-bit Theater?
BFG Tech GTX 260 OC
Seagate 7200.11 750GB & 2x Seagate 7200.10 320GB
Razer Barracuda AC-1 7.1
Logitech Z-680 5.1
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2002, 11:11 PM   #25
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

YOUR GP OR YOUR HP!