Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:16 PM   #4951
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
Are you getting the Vram error, I'm getting it with 2gb cards.
no i got dx error when trying to start the game or join a server
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:35 PM   #4952
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you guys are all cursed.. I turned my comp on, started firefox, clicked update in battlelog, d/l'd patch then I played the game.
game is running just fine, including same random no start errors..
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:22 PM   #4953
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
no i got dx error when trying to start the game or join a server
It sounds to me like you really should consider remove and re-install, re-patch. Because bf3.exe didn't get patched, it would suggest the latest patch failed for some reason. The kinds of reasons why this would fail include:
1) Some element of BF3 still running thus locking/preventing a file from updating. Might try a fresh boot before patching.
2) Some antivirus/antispyware software has been reported to interfere with Origin and it's patcher.
3) Some system component is corrupt or out of sync in version.
4) Some issue with the disk the game is installed to (such as low space, bad clusters or other disk issue).
... and many others

Have you tried nuking the whole install then re-installing from DVD and re-patching? The game should launch fine with a 6900 series on Windows 7.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:28 PM   #4954
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Anyone know how you "disengage" from firing the mortars once you start?

I tried everything. Pressing numbers for a different weapon, ESC, delete, space bar.

Anyone?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:07 PM   #4955
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Press E again.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:27 PM   #4956
McCrash
Radeon R520

McCrash is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down hardcoded keys

Why can't these clowns remove the hardcoded keyboard presses?!
McCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:12 AM   #4957
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

This squad change is so stupid... I hadn't played in a few days as I tried to fix the Punkbuster issues, and once I came back I found I was totally sucking, seemed to be running around forever, often alone, and couldn't figure out why the experience was so trying.

Eventually last night I remembered: You're not automatically put into Squads anymore. Found a squad, hopped in, and had a great time.

What a totally frustrating experience for a new user... anyone coming into this game will have no idea what to do and most of the team will be running around squad less... 32v32 server and there were TWO squads I could choose from, neither of them were full. Wow...
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:22 AM   #4958
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
This squad change is so stupid... I hadn't played in a few days as I tried to fix the Punkbuster issues, and once I came back I found I was totally sucking, seemed to be running around forever, often alone, and couldn't figure out why the experience was so trying.

Eventually last night I remembered: You're not automatically put into Squads anymore. Found a squad, hopped in, and had a great time.

What a totally frustrating experience for a new user... anyone coming into this game will have no idea what to do and most of the team will be running around squad less... 32v32 server and there were TWO squads I could choose from, neither of them were full. Wow...
Yeah I dont know why they changed it like that. Also I can't always figure out how to join a squad
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:35 AM   #4959
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
It sounds to me like you really should consider remove and re-install, re-patch. Because bf3.exe didn't get patched, it would suggest the latest patch failed for some reason. The kinds of reasons why this would fail include:
1) Some element of BF3 still running thus locking/preventing a file from updating. Might try a fresh boot before patching.
2) Some antivirus/antispyware software has been reported to interfere with Origin and it's patcher.
3) Some system component is corrupt or out of sync in version.
4) Some issue with the disk the game is installed to (such as low space, bad clusters or other disk issue).
... and many others

Have you tried nuking the whole install then re-installing from DVD and re-patching? The game should launch fine with a 6900 series on Windows 7.
i have already reinstalled a few time , didn't have much luck.

so i decided to delete the whole thing origin + bf3 for the 3rd time. by the way i have already install this game 3 times... this will be my 4th time might as well be my last time.

each install take me at least 2-3 hours. damn, i got the dvd version, but the patch download take quite some times.

seems everything is working. but still i am waiting for the patch to download. if this time, the patch still give me ready to install loop. i am goign to email dice or ea about this.

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:59 AM   #4960
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
by the way i have already install this game 3 times... this will be my 4th time might as well be my last time.
lol, yah, I don't have any love for Origin. Like I said in another thread, I'd rather poke my own eye out with a turkey baster than have to suffer another game in this crappy thing. EA really screwed the pooch on this one.

Glad to hear you got it working though up to the patch. You might want to disable any AV you may have as a precaution too just in case that is what is interfering with the patch. I read many AV's think the patch is some new Trojan/false positive and thus block it from completing successfully, leaving your game in a broken state.

BF3 is a great game despite all the headaches this Origin system has forced on us to play it...

Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 PM   #4961
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
you guys are all cursed.. I turned my comp on, started firefox, clicked update in battlelog, d/l'd patch then I played the game.
game is running just fine, including same random no start errors..
lol same here. game runs perfectly fine. with new 11.11a drivers and BF3 patch w/ 2x AA & everything else on Ultra it runs smooth as butter on my 5870. 4x AA and it starts to stutter, but i think that's a Vid Ram issue (goes over 1gb vid ram according to GPU-z)
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 PM   #4962
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
lol, yah, I don't have any love for Origin. Like I said in another thread, I'd rather poke my own eye out with a turkey baster than have to suffer another game in this crappy thing. EA really screwed the pooch on this one.

Glad to hear you got it working though up to the patch. You might want to disable any AV you may have as a precaution too just in case that is what is interfering with the patch. I read many AV's think the patch is some new Trojan/false positive and thus block it from completing successfully, leaving your game in a broken state.

BF3 is a great game despite all the headaches this Origin system has forced on us to play it...

yea i have noticed the virus here. since it had popped up with my avira , but not with nod32.

this time i have already disable them.

Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:26 PM   #4963
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

finally it is working. and + 11.11a driver the game runs so much smoother.

do you guy play this game with blur on ?

Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:01 PM   #4964
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

am i playing the wrong mode, or does bf3 maps so much different than bc2.

in bc2, the maps will have 3 sectors (or section) once you beat or clear a single sector you will move onto another one.

why is bf3 just a single huge map... i think the objective in bc2 is just miles better. or am i playing the wrong mode or soemthing.

the game lags so much with only 4gb of ddr2 ram. which i put my other ram into my system and have a total of 7 gb. The game run smoother..now

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 24, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:11 PM   #4965
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
am i playing the wrong mode, or does bf3 maps so much different than bc2.

in bc2, the maps will have 3 sectors (or section) once you beat or clear a single sector you will move onto another one.

why is bf3 just a single huge map... i think the objective in bc2 is just miles better. or am i playing the wrong mode or soemthing.
You're talking about Rush mode, which is still present in Battlefield 3. Change your server browser filters if you want to play it. You've been playing Conquest mode, which is a large map full of control points that each team must fight over.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:23 PM   #4966
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
You're talking about Rush mode, which is still present in Battlefield 3. Change your server browser filters if you want to play it. You've been playing Conquest mode, which is a large map full of control points that each team must fight over.
sweet thanks. i thought they have changed it:_)

Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:50 PM   #4967
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Even in conquest though, there were a lot of VERY fun maps in BC2 and BF2 that most of the maps in BF3 just do not compare.

Still a fun romp, but I'm really looking forward to the Return to Karkand expansion because of the bundled maps, maybe 2 or 3 are any decent and at that, average at best.

Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:42 PM   #4968
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Have they put voice comms in game yet rather than only being able to join externally then joining with it ?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:00 AM   #4969
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Even in conquest though, there were a lot of VERY fun maps in BC2 and BF2 that most of the maps in BF3 just do not compare.

Still a fun romp, but I'm really looking forward to the Return to Karkand expansion because of the bundled maps, maybe 2 or 3 are any decent and at that, average at best.
Haven't you heard? Publishers put the best stuff nowadays in the DLC instead of the main game EVEN when they already have the DLC stuff ready before the game ships.

You will see more of this trend I assure you.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:49 AM   #4970
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

I'd say that only 4 maps are worth my time in BF3.

- Caspian
- Canals
- Kharg
- Firestorm

Operation Metro is ok for a bit of a laugh, 64 player rush is a total spamfest, but its awesome to hear 64 different gun effects echoing through the underground, but is it a good map? Hell no.

Maps have been designed and balanced for 32 players. 64 player option is only there so they (DICE) didn't get burned alive by the BF1942 and BF2 crowd pre-launch.

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Nov 25, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:03 AM   #4971
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post

- Caspian
- Canals
- Kharg
- Firestorm

Operation Metro is ok for a bit of a laugh, 64 player rush is a total spamfest, but its awesome to hear 64 different gun effects echoing through the underground, but is it a good map? Hell no.

Maps have been designed and balanced for 32 players. 64 player option is only there so they (DICE) didn't get burned alive by the BF1942 and BF2 crowd pre-launch.
maps has been designed and balanced for console(24player)

Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:57 AM   #4972
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yep, you're exactly right and it shows in almost every way possible.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:29 AM   #4973
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

- Caspian
- Canals
- Kharg
- Firestorm
agreed 100%
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:04 AM   #4974
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I actually like metro in 24 player rush and think karg island and Canals suck balls tbh. The other maps are ok, but this game needs more asap.

24 player Rush is where its at for BF3 due to the maps, which is a shame.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:13 AM   #4975
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder how much the "new" maps will suck in the rush mode, since they are "real" conquest maps.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:16 AM   #4976
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

So, is the upcoming DLC a free DLC or do they want more money to segregate the community?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:31 AM   #4977
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I wonder how much the "new" maps will suck in the rush mode, since they are "real" conquest maps.
yea bf2 maps are all conquest maps.. which indeed i find the rush mode to be much more fun. in conquest mode there is really no objective lol.

and camper are everywhere.

Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:26 AM   #4978
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
So, is the upcoming DLC a free DLC or do they want more money to segregate the community?
free if you pre-ordered, otherwise cough up 15$.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:00 AM   #4979
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
free if you pre-ordered, otherwise cough up 15$.
Thanks for the info. They just lost a sale.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:38 AM   #4980
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

If you can pick up the limited edition, then I think (I don't know) but I think that still gives you access to the free DLC.

HMV near me was still selling the limited edition last week when I went in...