Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » AMD Fusion, Integrated and Mobility Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Fusion, Integrated and Mobility Support Discussion and technical support forum for AMD integrated and mobility graphics platforms including Accelerated Processing Units, Netbooks, Ultra Portables, Notebooks, HTPC and SFF.

Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
q0w0e0

q0w0e0 is still being judged by the masses

Default Ati Rage M6.13.1.5058 driver

Hello,
does anyone have the M6.13.1.5058 driver (and eventually the complete package w control panel) for my poor old rage mobility (xp/2000)?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:03 AM   #2
q0w0e0

Gents,
update for this story...I think no one is interested but I want you just to think about how the world goes...

I've contacted AMD-ATI and after few emails they told me they have lost copy of that driver version; moreover they didn't offered that version to laptop manufacturer, so there is no way to get it anywhere!

It's curious to see that after "only" 8 years something written by such a big company and for a device so widely available could be lost!

Reference: http://www.oocities.com/ziyadhosein/rpro.htm

Cheers
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:44 AM   #3
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Thread moved to mobility support forum.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:44 AM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by q0w0e0 View Post
Hello,
does anyone have the M6.13.1.5058 driver (and eventually the complete package w control panel) for my poor old rage mobility (xp/2000)?

Thank you in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0w0e0 View Post
It's curious to see that after "only" 8 years something written by such a big company and for a device so widely available could be lost!
Only 8 years? Surely you jest.

And can'y you just add the old CP to the windows driver?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 09:00 AM   #5
q0w0e0

Half jest half not not...it's not like a videogame, but it's still a piece of software of cd/dvd age! I still have drivers for the matrox millenium which is something 199x (x should be 8) :-D

By the way, the CP is not an issue. But I need the core drivers M6.13.whatever which includes full support for external monitor (all drivers I find are for rage 128 not pro..).

I will try to install rage 128 drivers on my card (even if they are not recognized by ati setup during installation) but frankly I don't think they will ever work (and they will force me to reinstall the partition image )....

Thanks for the interest anyway!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 09:05 AM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What brand is the card? Does the manufacturer not have the driver?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:32 AM   #7
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Do you know which Rage Mobility it is? Is it Rage Pro, Rage 128 or Rage 128 Pro based? It should be called Rage Mobility n where n designates the card by a letter.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 05:45 AM   #8
q0w0e0

The computer is a Xybernaut...so, no indication about the card manufacturer

I've installed the IBM drivers from Thinkpad X20, which seem to be compatible...so it's probably an IBM one. But when I've asked Lenovo for the driver they told me to contact Xybernaut...which went bankrupt.

It's Rage Pro based, Mobility M/M1; I'm trying to set up a particular dual monitor layout and from what I've read in the site I've written previously, the driver 6.13 should have capability of external monitor and compatibility with direct3d...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:55 AM   #9
q0w0e0

Finally done! I've managed to contact Ziyad Hosein (http://www.oocities.com/ziyadhosein/rprow2k.htm) from an other forum and he sent me the driver (v.5058 win 2k/xp) he still had!! Great!

I will provide a link for downloading them soon.

Thanks to everyone helped me!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:30 AM   #10
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Good job dood. thanks for the info and for the dl link (when you got it).
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:26 AM   #11
xNaquada
Radeon Northern Islands

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Maybe send it to AMD/ATI too? As a reply email to whomever told you they dont have the driver.... (are you ****ing serious? TERRIBLE BACKUP POLICY![or theyre lazy/dont care)