Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Other Discussions » [GenHardware] Networking [Archived]
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

[GenHardware] Networking [Archived] NICs, routers, switches, hubs, software and hardware firewalls, servers, server Operating Systems, wired or wireless LANs WANs and WiFi. If it's used to communicate between multiple computers or devices, it goes in here.

Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Default Router to router problem

Hey guys

I've got a network problem, just need a quick answer (the network forums have nobody viewing)

I got a D-link router connected to my DSL cable modem, and to that, I connected another router, also D-link.

Problem is internet doesn't work on computers connected to the second d-link router (Router 1's LAN goes to Router 2's WAN)

Any suggestions?
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:16 PM   #2
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Hey guys

I've got a network problem, just need a quick answer (the network forums have nobody viewing)

I got a D-link router connected to my DSL cable modem, and to that, I connected another router, also D-link.

Problem is internet doesn't work on computers connected to the second d-link router (Router 1's LAN goes to Router 2's WAN)

Any suggestions?

If I hadn't shut off for the day I'd tell you how but ugh..

Basically you have to shut off router 2's router functions and just make it into a switch.

For the easy route. The longer route is a multi router setup with port forwarding and tinkering of settings and I'm not sure if the dinks can handle it.

Heatware
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:28 PM   #3
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Great thanks, figured it out.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Potato Masher!
Comfortably Numb

Potato Masher! is still being judged by the masses

I have the same problem, only mines a WRT54GS

WRT54G downstairs which i cant tinker with wirelessly connected to my router which I want to hook my desktop to

ATM, I've got the desktop hooked to my laptop which has wireless but I'd rather keep the router on 24/7 than my laptop
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:29 PM   #5
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

for wrt54g/s in the router settings their is an option for gateway which is default and router the router connected to the net should be gateway the one connected to router should be router.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather