Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:06 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

DarkPretender is still being judged by the masses

Default notepad missing and bridged dll?

First off, notepad is missing. Where do I get it and why is it gone?

Secondly, I get this stupid message when I start up saying bridged32.dll or somthign to that affect, is missing.

I have no spyware (scanned twice) and no viruses (two seperate boot-time scans). No clue what the problem is.
DarkPretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:18 AM   #2
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

both files should be located on your XP cd either as stand-alone compressed files, or more likely inside one of the CAB files. Just double-click each CAB file on the CD to find what you are looking for, and replace the missing files yourself.

I'm not sure why they disappeared on you though
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:32 AM   #3
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
both files should be located on your XP cd either as stand-alone compressed files, or more likely inside one of the CAB files. Just double-click each CAB file on the CD to find what you are looking for, and replace the missing files yourself.

I'm not sure why they disappeared on you though

I have 3 computers in my house (including a windows 2k mechine) they all get the same bridged.dll message. And when I was working at a friends neighboors house, I got the same thing. Maybe SP2 will fix it...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 27, 2004, 06:31 PM   #4
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Well I've looked on my own PC and done a websearch, but I am unable to figure out what the hell bridge32.dll or bridged32.dll is. My advice is to download and run Startup Control Panel and disable any unneeded or unknown programs from windows bootup. Hopefully that'll resolve the problem, maybe some program you don't even need is trying to launch it at boot.

If you have trouble finding NOTEPAD.EXE on your XP cd, lemmy know and I'll just email it to you.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 10:35 AM   #5
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Well I've looked on my own PC and done a websearch, but I am unable to figure out what the hell bridge32.dll or bridged32.dll is. My advice is to download and run Startup Control Panel and disable any unneeded or unknown programs from windows bootup. Hopefully that'll resolve the problem, maybe some program you don't even need is trying to launch it at boot.

If you have trouble finding NOTEPAD.EXE on your XP cd, lemmy know and I'll just email it to you.
ok the problem is no longer that notepad.exe isn't on my computer, but when using text documents it wont allow me to use notepad...if that makes sense..

Its like a registry entry is missing and when clicking .txt files it will ask me what program it should use and notepad isn't on the list and cannot be added. Isn't it registry that will tell what program to use when opening a certain file?
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:43 AM   #6
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPretender
ok the problem is no longer that notepad.exe isn't on my computer, but when using text documents it wont allow me to use notepad...if that makes sense..

Its like a registry entry is missing and when clicking .txt files it will ask me what program it should use and notepad isn't on the list and cannot be added. Isn't it registry that will tell what program to use when opening a certain file?
right click a TXT file
click OPEN WITH
click CHOOSE PROGRAM
select location C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE
Old Aug 29, 2004, 09:54 PM   #7
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

You most likely have a virus. Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com and get a free scan.

Good luck.

Dr. Z

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:35 PM   #8
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
right click a TXT file
click OPEN WITH
click CHOOSE PROGRAM
select location C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE

sigh...tried many times. It plain doesn't work. No clue why...

As for virus, no way, I keep way up to date on that stuff.