Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 20, 2017, 04:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Default Help with bridged router

Hi Guys,

I just set up a refurb Linkys EA6400 in the bedroom & set it to bridge mode. The router passes ethernet just fine, but the wifi is not working.

I have it set to broadcast both the 2.4Ghz "n" & 5Ghz "ac" networks, but my laptop only sees the 2.4. It can still see the weaker 5Ghz "ac" network from the main router across the house.

When I navigate to the connectivity page, it has the 5Ghz channels in the 2.4 section, and no options to choose from in the 5Ghz section (see pics)

When I try to connect to the visible 2.4 network, it just tells me my password is incorrect.

Do I have a dud router or am I missing something?

Last edited by Fleksta : Apr 20, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:14 PM   #2
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
Hi Guys,

I just set up a refurb Linkys EA6400 in the bedroom & set it to bridge mode. The router passes ethernet just fine, but the wifi is not working.

I have it set to broadcast both the 2.4Ghz "n" & 5Ghz "ac" networks, but my laptop only sees the 2.4. It can still see the weaker 5Ghz "ac" network from the main router across the house.

When I navigate to the connectivity page, it has the 5Ghz channels in the 2.4 section, and no options to choose from in the 5Ghz section (see pics)

When I try to connect to the visible 2.4 network, it just tells me my password is incorrect.

Do I have a dud router or am I missing something?

EDIT: Not sure why the pics aren't embedded, they're in tags.
You need to remove anything after .png
Did you try the login with another browser? I think you should factory reset the firmware and to see if it's up to date.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Last edited by 0091/2 : Apr 20, 2017 at 07:42 PM.
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:40 PM   #3
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
You need to remove anything after .png
Did you try the login with another browser? I think you should factory reset the firmware and to see if it's up to date.
Thanks, fixed the links.

I ran the updater and it says the latest firmware is installed. The channel options remain the same in both Firefox and Chrome.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:43 PM   #4
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Thanks, fixed the links.

I ran the updater and it says the latest firmware is installed. The channel options remain the same in both Firefox and Chrome.
Did you factory reset the router?
Reset button
—Press and hold this button for 10 seconds (until the port
lights flash at the same time) to reset the router to its factory defaults.
You can also restore the defaults using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2017, 08:32 PM   #5
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Did you factory reset the router?
Reset button
—Press and hold this button for 10 seconds (until the port
lights flash at the same time) to reset the router to its factory defaults.
You can also restore the defaults using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
Just did this, set to bridge mode again leaving everything else default and the result is the same.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 08:51 PM   #6
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This may help you, though it is a different router model however:

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wir...ode/m-p/815408

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2017, 09:26 PM   #7
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
This may help you, though it is a different router model however:

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wir...ode/m-p/815408
Performed another reset, then went through the manual configuration...still not working.

I think this one is going back to Amazon.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 09:44 PM   #8
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Performed another reset, then went through the manual configuration...still not working.

I think this one is going back to Amazon.
click on the link the guy suggests and read the comments the suggested link, it doesn't talk about resetting the modem, talks about a bug with IP address (in the suggested link) and the next comment after the suggested link tells you what to do. Has to do with using a static IP address to get it working.

If you have already done what it says, then it could be a faulty router, or a firmware issue (have you tried new firmware, or downgrading firmware?)

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:04 PM   #9
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
click on the link the guy suggests and read the comments the suggested link, it doesn't talk about resetting the modem, talks about a bug with IP address (in the suggested link) and the next comment after the suggested link tells you what to do. Has to do with using a static IP address to get it working.
That's what I did, no change. I'm just going to try a different router or maybe a signal repeater instead.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:40 AM   #10
Fleksta
Radeon R700

I seem to be having poor luck with Linksys refurbs. The WRT1200AC I ordered to replace the ea6400 came out of the box with the blinking power light of death (corrupt firmware)
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:01 AM   #11
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
I seem to be having poor luck with Linksys refurbs. The WRT1200AC I ordered to replace the ea6400 came out of the box with the blinking power light of death (corrupt firmware)
maybe you should not buy refurbs.. (I haven't had a linksys router in years, so is it possible they have just gone to crap?)