Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:52 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default 2021 bmw 4 SERIES

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/02/...-coupe-reveal/

Yikes that pig-nose grille......

And that side profile has a wierd Lexus RC + BMW 8 series mishmash going on....

And the interior...literally looks like a copy + paste job from every other BMW currently made....

I dunno....BMW used to be "that looks like a BMW, that clearly looks german made"
Now its...just...wierd and almost japanese (japanese design tends to be more intense and overstyled compared to the german counterparts)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:17 PM   #2
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I hate BMW
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:28 PM   #3
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I can see a lot of the design changes evolving from the current BMW's, but I'll NEVER understand the point of that stupid grille.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:32 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I can see a lot of the design changes evolving from the current BMW's, but I'll NEVER understand the point of that stupid grille.
This, that grille is dorky.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:33 PM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

BMW has never really been known for their interiors. The models all have similar interiors up to the 6-series line. In some ways, it's actually a good thing. When I had my M3, getting a loaner from BMW I always knew were the controls were and how they worked. It didn't matter if it was a 3-series, 5-series, X3 or X5.

The 6-series and above get the 'really good stuff'. Granted, people aren't buying BMW's for their interiors. If you want a really good interior in the same market, you would be going for an Audi or a Mercedes.

Not sure how I feel about their new grill design...
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 01:12 PM   #6
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Modern day BMW is so corporate and lifeless. I remember when they were supposed to be the ultimate driving machine.

A lot of what I have to say about them is exemplified in the below review, but he says (Mark, the bald guy) it in a much better (although perhaps more harsh) way than I could:

https://youtu.be/Cc5kVGVLuaE

Last edited by Clockwork : Jun 2, 2020 at 01:22 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 03:16 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Very Mustang-like profile.

Glad they make cars I'd never want now. I swore them off after my E46 subframe mounts saga, makes it so much easier since their cars are so ugly.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 03:38 PM   #8
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post

Very Mustang-like profile.

Glad they make cars I'd never want now. I swore them off after my E46 subframe mounts saga, makes it so much easier since their cars are so ugly.
I wonder if they were trying to make a baby 8 series...since the profile is similar. (mustang like).

I think i know why the car is super awkward looking to me....aside from the beavertooth grille, and some overstyled front elements, the rear smooths out quite significantly (the character lines are pretty subtle and rely more on light to show rather than having a hard crease). Makes the car look incoherent. And i never liked the rear end design they're going for (looks OK here, but absolutely terrible on the 2 series, but works better on the SUV's)

THen a big surprise is that this thing is heavy as ****....3600lbs for the base model (RWD 2cyl), 4000 lbs for a top line i6 + AWD.......

I thought this class of car would range from 3400-3700lbs....4000lbs being more higher end grand tourers and larger cars.......
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jun 2, 2020, 03:53 PM   #9
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Do not like.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 04:07 PM   #10
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've always thought BMW design looked good for the most part. This isn't one of those.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2020, 09:13 AM   #11
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

It makes it easy to identify the douche in your rear view mirror.

Also, turn signals are an optional feature for BMW's.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 09:16 AM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2020, 02:50 PM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

The funny thing about this stereotype of I think people who aren't driving the BMW create it.

Ever since I got on my BMW I have never been cut off more times in my life. My wife drove my car once and said never again cause she's was cut off 3 times in 30 minutes and she's the safest driver I know lol. The amount of fly bys I have experienced in this car is unreal. It's almost like every guy wants to race and I'm in a shitbox 428i not even an M or anything.

Old Jun 3, 2020, 05:30 PM   #14
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The funny thing about this stereotype of I think people who aren't driving the BMW create it.

Ever since I got on my BMW I have never been cut off more times in my life. My wife drove my car once and said never again cause she's was cut off 3 times in 30 minutes and she's the safest driver I know lol. The amount of fly bys I have experienced in this car is unreal. It's almost like every guy wants to race and I'm in a shitbox 428i not even an M or anything.
You can thank all the doushbag beamer drivers that drive around recklessly without turn signals for that stereotype. Especially those that debadge their cars to make you think they have some kind of high end model when it's really just some low end base model.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 07:54 PM   #15
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yea, I got shown the middle finger quite a bit for doing nothing in my old M3. Never understood that....
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 01:46 AM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

I dont know why everyone assumes debadging is some kind of way to fool people into thinking you have a better end model. Its just a cleaner look. I dont have my car debadged but thought about it just cause it looks cleaner. Anyone who knows anything wont mistake a 428i for an M anyway.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:05 AM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah since I debadged my WRX I was apparently posing as an STI. No, sorry ... It's just way cleaner
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:54 AM   #18
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

The de-badging on beamers is a living meme. It's done more for rice reasons than the few people who do it for genuine aesthetics, which is why it is a living meme in the first place. Heck even those on the beamer forums recognize this.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1595095

Other cars not so much. Especially not an WRX Nunz, WRX/STIs aren't that different from each other status wise, both cars are viewed as low tier cars unlike a 420/430 series vs an M3/M4/M5. In fact I'd say a new WRX is a better investment than the older STI platform and not that much slower stock for stock.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:47 PM   #19
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

This is what they should have gone with, IMO.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 05:04 PM   #20
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
This is what they should have gone with, IMO.

Yeah teh half sized nostrils looks way better.
At the same time it looks almost derivative and...samey (as in it doesnt really look all that new).
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:51 PM   #21
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Check out the nose on this thing.

2021 BMW M4

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33886/..._VrmRXYjn0zSjg
Old Jun 5, 2020, 08:24 PM   #22
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Check out the nose on this thing.

2021 BMW M4

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33886/..._VrmRXYjn0zSjg
I guess they are trying to top Lexus for shitty front fascias/grills
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2020, 11:07 AM   #23
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Agree with most, that front grill ruins it.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 01:32 PM   #24
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
"shitty" ? now you're just hatin' for the sake of hatin'

Old Jun 6, 2020, 03:41 PM   #25
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Yeah, that Lexus is awful.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 07:06 PM   #26
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yeah, that Lexus is awful.
bro you would take a KIA stinger over an Acura tlx type s ... your automobile taste buds are shot

Old Jun 6, 2020, 07:21 PM   #27
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
bro you would take a KIA stinger over an Acura tlx type s ... your automobile taste buds are shot

I would take neither one. We have other options.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 01:03 PM   #28
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Lexus aint bad, their design really needs the car to be designed with it from the get go and not as an afterthought pasted on. LC/LS/ES are the best examples.
SUV's look pasted on, the IS/GS/RC dont really have that cohesion with the grille. still polarizing, i like them though.

Audi started it all but they had a simple polygon shape that looks like a face mask. Newer designs have started to make them wider (guess they ran out of height real estate lol).....

Genesis is copycat.....but theirs are starting to look a bit more triangular.

BMW is just semingly taking their kidneys and just enlarging them or stretching them for no particular reason.

Almost every other manufacturer making giant grilles looks the same cuz they're just taking a rectangle and fiddling around with edge softening or rounding or wahtever....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jun 7, 2020, 05:05 PM   #29
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

I'd rather buy a used Chevrolet SS and modify it like the one the one I had before... I miss that car.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2020, 09:52 PM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
"shitty" ? now you're just hatin' for the sake of hatin'

[img]https://i.imgur.com/c8Jaqnu.png[/ig]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZKR1MGV.png[/ig]
Lexus has the worst grills, for real.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote