Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old May 9, 2020, 05:44 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ally
Ally

Ally is still being judged by the masses

Default PPD Performance

Hi,

Here is an interesting topic on the folding forum for up to date PPD performance of GPUs and CPUs

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.p...64110984c59ba2

Ally
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 11:06 AM   #2
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkFoss can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thanks for the link.

Interesting someone even uploaded a Fury ppd looks like mine on a bad run of wu's or folding with the cpu slot active. No Bulldozers on the list of course that would require a ppd (ish) category.
Old May 14, 2020, 07:37 PM   #3
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFoss View Post
Thanks for the link.

Interesting someone even uploaded a Fury ppd looks like mine on a bad run of wu's or folding with the cpu slot active. No Bulldozers on the list of course that would require a ppd (ish) category.
Bulldozers actually did pretty decent for what they were when undervolted. :-)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2020, 04:18 PM   #4
konjini
Radeon Northern Islands

konjini is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Bulldozers actually did pretty decent for what they were when undervolted. :-)
Gave it a go with 8350, seems to be shooting my self in the foot with the watts used with current WU.
Any thing 6/7th+ gen or Ryzen is faster with less watts.
A 10210U CPU laptop will do easily twice as more.

On the topic current of stuff out, might be handy to start a under-volt folding thread.
Always handy to know in general.
konjini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2020, 06:02 PM   #5
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well, this is what I have been getting ever since the new core from OpenMM on my RX Vega64. Oh and that is also while gaming for 4ish hours a day. (I actually let it run while I game as it honestly doesn't hit the FPS at all on the games I play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjini View Post
Gave it a go with 8350, seems to be shooting my self in the foot with the watts used with current WU.
Any thing 6/7th+ gen or Ryzen is faster with less watts.
A 10210U CPU laptop will do easily twice as more.

On the topic current of stuff out, might be handy to start a under-volt folding thread.
Always handy to know in general.
Ah. Well mine did 4.0Ghz with just 1.28V when I was running it. I kept the CPU within its voltage curve.