Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 28, 2019, 08:06 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I haven't played for a bit but I'll go back when the first season starts. I'm probably behind the curve now, even though I've won a few times.

I wonder if they'd ever make a new map. It's not on the roadmap, so I guess not.
I'm actually surprised that BR's don't release new maps more often. I think PUBG has 3 or 4 now, but I don't think anyone else has more than the one. I imagine Apex will do a Fortnite and maybe change things on the map rather than release a new one outright.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2019, 08:21 AM   #122
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I believe the Apex plan is for more maps. Fortnite is the only game to really do the evolving map.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 05:56 AM   #123
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Despite all the praise to the game and it actually seems pretty solid, I just could not get into it. Spending time every match to get gear then die a few seconds later is not my kind of fun.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2019, 05:59 AM   #124
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You get gear and wait until everyone is dead. You are doing it wrong.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2019, 08:03 AM   #125
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Despite all the praise to the game and it actually seems pretty solid, I just could not get into it. Spending time every match to get gear then die a few seconds later is not my kind of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You get gear and wait until everyone is dead. You are doing it wrong.
Kac is KIND of right. When you first start the game, you should jump in and fight right away, get used to the combat. After a while though, you need to start jumping into locations that have mid range tech, and few other players. DONT jump into the cluster **** that is most of the teams.

Too many people play it like its a deathmatch, and try to dive right into a fight. Ideally you want to find a gun you are comfortable with before you enter your first fight. Also, try the training out, you can test all the guns and see how they work.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:17 PM   #126
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
AS with most mp fps, you do have to spend a good amount of time in it to be comfortable. Having good team mates is also a positive. If they keep content coming, keep improving, and keep dealing with hackers I can see it being popular for a while.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:56 PM   #127
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Kac is KIND of right. When you first start the game, you should jump in and fight right away, get used to the combat. After a while though, you need to start jumping into locations that have mid range tech, and few other players. DONT jump into the cluster **** that is most of the teams.

Too many people play it like its a deathmatch, and try to dive right into a fight. Ideally you want to find a gun you are comfortable with before you enter your first fight. Also, try the training out, you can test all the guns and see how they work.
This works, but there is one issue that my son and I have been noticing a lot lately. We drop into zones.. might see 1 other squad, or non at all landing in a zone.. then all of a sudden out of the blue, there are 2 or 3 squads that just appear out of thin air. They where not visible in the sky, nor when we first landed.. Most likely caused by the crappy net code, that also contributes to hit reg being crap (point blank, full clip not registering a single hit, or like yesterday, 2 head shots from the .50 caliber sniper going right thru them and doing nothing, as well as 3 shots from a mastiff shotgun less than 5 feet away doing NO damage).... just so frustrating at times.. but the game is still fun as hell.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 2, 2019 at 01:01 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2019, 03:17 PM   #128
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
This works, but there is one issue that my son and I have been noticing a lot lately. We drop into zones.. might see 1 other squad, or non at all landing in a zone.. then all of a sudden out of the blue, there are 2 or 3 squads that just appear out of thin air. They where not visible in the sky, nor when we first landed.. Most likely caused by the crappy net code, that also contributes to hit reg being crap (point blank, full clip not registering a single hit, or like yesterday, 2 head shots from the .50 caliber sniper going right thru them and doing nothing, as well as 3 shots from a mastiff shotgun less than 5 feet away doing NO damage).... just so frustrating at times.. but the game is still fun as hell.
Mirage can use clones while dropping from the launch. Also people will fly low, and then change direction and hunt you when they see where you drop.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 05:03 PM   #129
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Mirage can use clones while dropping from the launch. Also people will fly low, and then change direction and hunt you when they see where you drop.
I know about Mirage, as I play that legend the majority of the time, but it doesn't eliminate the players from view, All Mirage does is send off 2 decoys with the same colored smoke as our squad has, and as you are aware, all players have a colored smoke trailing them also allowing to easily track all players. We are aware of watching low, high, all around, and nobody is near us (no players, no smoke, nothing). There is also no way to fly low and then miraculously all of sudden re-gain enough altitude to reach the zone we are heading for. What I am talking about is there is nobody near are zone, nobody heading remotely close to it, specially close enough to even come close to landing in our zone, yet squads just litterer appear out of know where. We have watched the entire ship jump within the first few seconds (according to the counter on the screen), and we wait to jump so we can reach the far end of the map, and people still just appear, which is basically impossible. So it's either a glitch, or a net code issue..

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Mar 2, 2019, 06:24 PM   #130
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I know about Mirage, as I play that legend the majority of the time, but it doesn't eliminate the players from view, All Mirage does is send off 2 decoys with the same colored smoke as our squad has, and as you are aware, all players have a colored smoke trailing them also allowing to easily track all players. We are aware of watching low, high, all around, and nobody is near us (no players, no smoke, nothing). There is also no way to fly low and then miraculously all of sudden re-gain enough altitude to reach the zone we are heading for. What I am talking about is there is nobody near are zone, nobody heading remotely close to it, specially close enough to even come close to landing in our zone, yet squads just litterer appear out of know where. We have watched the entire ship jump within the first few seconds (according to the counter on the screen), and we wait to jump so we can reach the far end of the map, and people still just appear, which is basically impossible. So it's either a glitch, or a net code issue..
Yeah that’s a little weird. I mean it also depends how quick “out of nowhere” happens. If we’re talking 2+ mins after drop then they geared up quick and went looking for you. If we’re talking 10secs after drop then you didn’t see them land with you.
Also with some of the larger areas, people may land seemingly far and loot heading to you.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 06:14 AM   #131
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Yeah that’s a little weird. I mean it also depends how quick “out of nowhere” happens. If we’re talking 2+ mins after drop then they geared up quick and went looking for you. If we’re talking 10secs after drop then you didn’t see them land with you.
Also with some of the larger areas, people may land seemingly far and loot heading to you.
I have never encountered this issue, so maybe it is a packet loss issue or something on your end? You can check if you have packet loss with any servers, by either waiting a couple minutes on the splash screen for a new option to pop up, or waiting on the character screen long enough to disconnect from being afk. There should now be a third option on the splash screen showing servers.

You can actually fool people into thinking you have dived down into one area, but then actually turn around and chase unnoticed. The dive mechanic isnt especially reality based. You can dive pretty low, gain a lot of speed, and then cruise for a long time on a more or less horizontal path before the game forces you to start going down again. There is also another method which stops you seeing people, where people will jump out right away, but just cruise slowly and watch everyone else dive, then when someone goes off by them selves, and are far enough away, they will dive properly and land near them. Then the hunt is on. I've seen both of these methods first hand.

On another note too, im pretty sure the smoke disappears once people reach a certain distance from the ground, before the characters start their fall animation, so its possible they are doing that, and then cruising horizontally in your direction again?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:21 PM   #132
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Finally saw the thing you were talking about now. You are right, its a hack
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:33 PM   #133
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I have never encountered this issue, so maybe it is a packet loss issue or something on your end? You can check if you have packet loss with any servers, by either waiting a couple minutes on the splash screen for a new option to pop up, or waiting on the character screen long enough to disconnect from being afk. There should now be a third option on the splash screen showing servers.

You can actually fool people into thinking you have dived down into one area, but then actually turn around and chase unnoticed. The dive mechanic isnt especially reality based. You can dive pretty low, gain a lot of speed, and then cruise for a long time on a more or less horizontal path before the game forces you to start going down again. There is also another method which stops you seeing people, where people will jump out right away, but just cruise slowly and watch everyone else dive, then when someone goes off by them selves, and are far enough away, they will dive properly and land near them. Then the hunt is on. I've seen both of these methods first hand.

On another note too, im pretty sure the smoke disappears once people reach a certain distance from the ground, before the characters start their fall animation, so its possible they are doing that, and then cruising horizontally in your direction again?

It's not packet loss, it's happening to all 3 of us in the group, one of which is my son's friend who is on a completely different internet provider/network. I get what you are saying, but it happens to often to be anything you mentioned.

I do suspect it has something to do with the net code, but it is game/server side, or the connection of other players. As there are discussions and articles out there talking about players differences in latency/ping and how they affect the experience. Most of them have come to the conclusion that low ping players are at a disadvantage in APEX vs higher ping players. We get 25 to 40 ms in the game, which is consistent with all other games we play, and no packet loss. (I would be pissed if it was packet loss with the connection I have an the price I pay for it)

Quote:
Finally saw the thing you were talking about now. You are right, its a hack
I didn't see your next response till I typed the above.

If it is a hack, I hope they find a way to put an end to it. If it is net code, or how they handle latency compensation, I hope they get it fixed.

Old Mar 4, 2019, 01:30 AM   #134
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It's not packet loss, it's happening to all 3 of us in the group, one of which is my son's friend who is on a completely different internet provider/network. I get what you are saying, but it happens to often to be anything you mentioned.

I do suspect it has something to do with the net code, but it is game/server side, or the connection of other players. As there are discussions and articles out there talking about players differences in latency/ping and how they affect the experience. Most of them have come to the conclusion that low ping players are at a disadvantage in APEX vs higher ping players. We get 25 to 40 ms in the game, which is consistent with all other games we play, and no packet loss. (I would be pissed if it was packet loss with the connection I have an the price I pay for it)

I didn't see your next response till I typed the above.

If it is a hack, I hope they find a way to put an end to it. If it is net code, or how they handle latency compensation, I hope they get it fixed.
Its 100% a hack, i looked it up after i saw it happen. Its the nature of free games, they are crazy easier to hack
Old Mar 4, 2019, 02:11 AM   #135
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The hackers have started to infiltrate from what I've seen..
Old Mar 4, 2019, 09:26 AM   #136
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
The hackers have started to infiltrate from what I've seen..
I've not encountered any personally, but I did see a post on Reddit where a guy who was spectating the player who killed him was tracking enemies through objects (he posted the video). So he was shooting directly at the person while they were behind crates, following them until they were in view and gunned them down. It was an obvious aimbot.

I know there was also a news article that Respawn had banned 16,000 accounts for hacking. So at least they aren't sitting idly by.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 03:44 PM   #137
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Problem is, in a free game, banning accounts literally does nothing. They have to be even more vigorous on cracking down and closing the exploits themselves.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 05:02 PM   #138
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

50 million players now. Not sure on concurrent numbers, but must still be 2+ million or they would have said 3 million plus. It definitely seems like it will be here to stay for a few years given those numbers.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2019, 02:05 AM   #139
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

funny i spend so much time adding people to friends (not easy in origin), trying to get squads going, trying to organize, yet some of the most fun (and most successful) games are with randoms.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 09:53 PM   #140
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
funny i spend so much time adding people to friends (not easy in origin), trying to get squads going, trying to organize, yet some of the most fun (and most successful) games are with randoms.
There is no confirmation but it's possible they filter premades and randoms into separate pools? Do you find the battles any different in quality or competency? I think I played one game with purely random players, and all the rest have been queues with one or two friends, so I haven't really seen any variation now at level 26.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 02:48 AM   #141
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Do you find the battles any different in quality or competency?
No I really don't think so. I've had pre-made games where the initial highlighted champion squad is the reincarnation of death itself with 3 thousand kills and two low level noobers with 4 kills total each. So most likely those kinds of groups didn't queue up together.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:29 AM   #142
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
No I really don't think so. I've had pre-made games where the initial highlighted champion squad is the reincarnation of death itself with 3 thousand kills and two low level noobers with 4 kills total each. So most likely those kinds of groups didn't queue up together.
That's true. I guess your friends suck and you should never play with them lol.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:04 PM   #143
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

I should still play with some friends

Huge update today. Nerfs to peacekeeper and wingman. Increased availability to energy ammo (good news if you are a devotion fan like I am. once that thing spins up it MELTS people).

Eventually hitbox updates will come.

Full change notes here https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...latforms_lets/
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:17 PM   #144
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

bob playing BR like this is making me uncomfortable about the future of gaming.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:22 PM   #145
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
bob playing BR like this is making me uncomfortable about the future of gaming.
it's my first BR game never played a single game of fortnite/pubg/H1Z1/BlackOps4 etc
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:22 AM   #146
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I should still play with some friends

Huge update today. Nerfs to peacekeeper and wingman. Increased availability to energy ammo (good news if you are a devotion fan like I am. once that thing spins up it MELTS people).

Eventually hitbox updates will come.

Full change notes here https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...latforms_lets/
Its great about the nerfs... kind of tired about being sniped across the map by a ****ing shotgun... not so happy about the devotion/havok ammo being more available :P i am often on the wrong end of those guns.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 01:35 AM   #147
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
it's my first BR game never played a single game of fortnite/pubg/H1Z1/BlackOps4 etc
Yes and that is why it is really worrying.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 06:04 AM   #148
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Old Mar 7, 2019, 06:22 AM   #149
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm thinking of actually playing this game.

That being said, I'm afraid BR is becoming the next MMO. A glut of games are going to flood the market over the next couple years and most will end up dying (this time they're already F2P so they can't get any freer).
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2019, 08:53 PM   #150
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am uniquely awful at this game. I've played about 9 rounds and haven't even got a lucky kill. It seems I am completely clueless on the right load ups and stuff because I get like 3 or 4 hit indicators on an enemy and then die from one shot from them. I get to the death screen and it says I inflicted like 24 damage? How can I get bullets that aren't made of rubber??? Seriously, are there any good guides out there for us noobs? I am probably picking up all the wrong stuff. This isn't fun so far....
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote