Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 31, 2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, space combat sim Privateer like, announced for Q1 2019 release

Announcement

IGN has a different non gameplay trailer trailer as well
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...utlaw-revealed

There are more videos to come in the coming weeks, but so far no gameplay videos.

here is the website
https://rebel-galaxy.com/index.html
or
kickstartmymansion.com

Reading the FAQ is

So yeah, looks like we are getting a Privateer type game.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Last edited by Eisberg : Aug 31, 2018 at 05:03 PM.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2018, 05:10 PM   #2
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

**** yes!! I loved Rebel Galaxy! Been waiting for a sequel since the moment i finished playing the first one!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2018, 05:21 PM   #3
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
**** yes!! I loved Rebel Galaxy! Been waiting for a sequel since the moment i finished playing the first one!
It is a prequel sequel, 34 years before the first game. You play the Aunt of the character in the first game, Juno, the one that sent you on the path in the first game.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 31, 2018, 07:52 PM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Game is a sequel, story is a prequel. It's their second game is what i meant.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 07:58 PM   #5
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm in! The first game was a blast.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2018, 08:01 PM   #6
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am disappointed that they caved to the loud mouths and changed to full 3d space flight. It was strange at first but i actually liked the horizontal plane only naval style of the flight model.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 08:06 PM   #7
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They're going to end up delivering what we all wanted in squadron 42 before CIG.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2018, 08:26 PM   #8
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
I am disappointed that they caved to the loud mouths and changed to full 3d space flight. It was strange at first but i actually liked the horizontal plane only naval style of the flight model.
I am actually extremely happy that they did cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
They're going to end up delivering what we all wanted in squadron 42 before CIG.
Quote:
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:28 PM   #9
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
THIS! DAY ONE BUY! CANNOT WAIT!

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:59 PM   #10
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Apparently there is going to be a gameplay trailer coming out on Tuesday, and then an hour long narrated gameplay stream on Thursday.
Quote:
Old Sep 1, 2018, 01:01 AM   #11
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

sweet. im actually looking forward to playing through the story. Space Pirates and Zombies 2 went to open world, and while still great, it didnt reall have that atmosphere appeal rebel galaxy did.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 02:41 AM   #12
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You had me at Privateer. The FAQ is hilarious!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2018, 09:22 PM   #13
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Here is a video from Gamespot, 3 minutes of showing basically how the game will play out, yeah very much a privateer vibe to it

Quote:
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:25 PM   #14
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

They have a tiny booth at Pax West this year showing off a combat demo. I had never heard of this series before today but I liked it, for what it’s worth. Tons of personality
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:04 PM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRandomRobot View Post
They have a tiny booth at Pax West this year showing off a combat demo. I had never heard of this series before today but I liked it, for what it’s worth. Tons of personality
It's looking like the second game will be a bit different to the first. Give the first a try though, can get it pretty cheap these days, and aside from one or two anoyances, its a really excellent game.

Sound track it pretty great too!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 04:47 AM   #16
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

yep, second one looks like a complete different game though.

On a sidenote: Everytime i see a docking sequence i hear the original music (The blue danube) from the first elite.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2018, 07:28 AM   #17
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post

On a sidenote: Everytime i see a docking sequence i hear the original music (The blue danube) from the first elite.
Looks like it is keeping the same basic gameplay loop as the first game, but this time it is a fast paced cockpit experience using fighters/frieghters similar to Privateer, we are basically getting the spiritual successor to Privateer
Quote:
Old Sep 3, 2018, 08:24 AM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

ik, i'm not saying it's a worse game, but it looks like a very different game, due to the different handling.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:15 AM   #19
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Ugh, dont bring up ****ing docking in elite. Both it an no mans sky have the worst ****ing docking procedures.

Quote:
ik, i'm not saying it's a worse game, but it looks like a very different game, due to the different handling.
Sames. I bet it'l be great and im gonna love the journey like i did the first time around. I'm disappointed about the change only because it was somewhat unique and still completely fun all the way through.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 02:37 PM   #20
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Gameplay trailer released today
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/09/04...eplay-revealed

Also here is an article from someone who got to see the PAX West booth, she gives her impression about what she saw plus some more information about the game

http://www.onrpg.com/news/editorial/...8-impressions/
Quote:
Old Sep 4, 2018, 09:19 PM   #21
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I wonder if it's still just two people making the games, or if they hired more devs for this one.

Selling it for 30 is definitely a smart move. If it was higher i would wait for a sale, but at 30 on release, i'll pick it up straight away.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:21 AM   #22
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I wonder if it's still just two people making the games, or if they hired more devs for this one.
At the Pax booth they said there were 5 people working on it. That's more devs right?
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 01:47 AM   #23
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

nah, was an optical illusion.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 08:40 AM   #24
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I hope we have the option of either Flight stick or keyboard and mouse. Flight sticks are nice (I have a decent one) but I prefer overall to just pick up and go. As I've gotten older, I've lost my hard core edge and just want to get into a game...probably due to not having nearly as much spare time as I used to.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 07:27 PM   #25
Eisberg
Brrrrr

The 1 hour gameplay demostration stream. Apparently a lot was shown and talked about. I haven't watched it myself yet, going to now.

Edit:
He talks about why they made the first game the way they did, as far as the naval/broadside combat on a 2d plane. He said when they were planning on making Rebel Galaxy they looked at what was supposed to be coming out in the space sim genre, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, and they felt they would be crushed by the weight of those games if they tried to make a space combat/cockpit game. Fast foward to years later, they looked back on it and they realized that none of those games were anything like what they would have done, so they felt it was a good time to do what they wanted.
Quote:
Old Sep 6, 2018, 08:19 PM   #26
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Squadron 42 killer incoming.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 08:42 PM   #27
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Squadron 42 killer incoming.

I think you are right. Still watching this 1 hour video and my jaw is dropping so much, I might get lock jaw from it

It is looking freakn amazing, and for only $30.
And that Ship paint shop feature. Was not expecting something similar to professional level paint/photo shop type system, which is way to intimidating to me, but I look forward to seeing the various paint jobs other people will hopefully share.

I think I am going to like the idea about how they have a button you can press that will automatically find your target for you so you don't end up overshooting it, and spending so much time looking for your target, but we shall see, I will play with it both on and off to figure out what I end up liking the most.
Quote:
Old Sep 6, 2018, 08:52 PM   #28
Eisberg
Brrrrr

haha. There are some jump gates that are unstable, but they can get you to a place quicker. These jump gates may cause damage if you use them, and it is possible they may not even take you where you wanted to go.

They have an Astroids like, basically a carbon copy of it, arcade game mini game. If you manage to get the high score you get a mission series, ala Last Starfighter.
Quote:

Last edited by Eisberg : Sep 6, 2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 09:57 PM   #29
Eisberg
Brrrrr

So I just asked, on twitter, what engine they were using for this game.
He stated they are using a super brutalized reworked version of Ogre3d v1.9
https://www.ogre3d.org/
SO basically a custom engine. I got to say, I am impressed what this custom engine does.
Torchlight 1 and 2, as well as the first Rebel Galaxy used Ogre3d.
Quote:
Old Oct 16, 2018, 05:44 PM   #30
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Developer of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw linked a youtube video of one of the songs they have licensed for the game

https://twitter.com/RebelGalaxy/stat...86266761334785

Quote: