Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:27 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
To answer the question you follow the same woman in modern world as Origins and are still trying to awaken a precursor species
Good to hear! I find it odd that this is never mentioned anywhere, ever.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:30 AM   #182
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Almost able to play the game. I think it unlocks tonight for the people who didnt buy the crazy expensive version(me) Looks like its going to be a weekend filled with AC.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:31 AM   #183
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Almost able to play the game. I think it unlocks tonight for the people who didnt buy the crazy expensive version(me) Looks like its going to be a weekend filled with AC.
I have to force myself to stop playing this every day.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:19 PM   #184
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I'm off Monday haha
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:23 PM   #185
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Saw some rumors online that they turned down the grinding requirements for reviewers, but in the actual game it's turned back up to encourage microtransaction purchases. No hard evidence of this at the moment.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has a huge grinding and microtransaction problem

"I was making good progress with my character up until level 15. At that point, I had a story mission that required me to take on a level 17 assassin. That was so challenging that I decided to get to 17 myself first ... But it took me six hours to go from 15 to 17." (source)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Why should it? Why should anyone expect anything different?
It's more visual and less about gameplay. There's assets/textures/areas in this game that look straight out of Origins. There's screenshots of this game that 99% of casual gamers would think was an Origins screenshot.

Back in the day skipping around the world (italy, paris, britain, caribbean) into locations with visibly different biomes and architecture was when the series was at it's peak. IMO they should stick to a 2 year cycle, and ensure that games with similar architectures/biomes are at minimum 4 years apart.

They could have done Japan, China, South America, anywhere that didn't look 100% like the previous game. I wish I was exaggerating but watching the streams there's places that look like literal ctrl+c ctrl+v from the previous game.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:37 PM   #186
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
It's more visual and less about gameplay. There's assets/textures/areas in this game that look straight out of Origins. There's screenshots of this game that 99% of casual gamers would think was an Origins screenshot.
Could you link me to those shots because Greece so far looks nothing like Egypt.

yoz
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:49 PM   #187
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post

Back in the day skipping around the world (italy, paris, britain, caribbean) into locations with visibly different biomes and architecture was when the series was at it's peak. IMO they should stick to a 2 year cycle, and ensure that games with similar architectures/biomes are at minimum 4 years apart.

They could have done Japan, China, South America, anywhere that didn't look 100% like the previous game. I wish I was exaggerating but watching the streams there's places that look like literal ctrl+c ctrl+v from the previous game.
Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense then. I wouldn't even cared if they were the same graphically, as in how good it looks. But I do care when all the assets look exactly the same. I really enjoy history and "being in the time period" has always been once one of the things I liked the most about the series. Learning about things as you go and feeling like you're in that era. If that's changed, and the assets seem to the same...I'd by annoyed as well.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:59 PM   #188
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I love how the only people not liking the game are the ones who haven’t played it but they read it on the internet.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 01:02 PM   #189
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
I love how the only people not liking the game are the ones who haven’t played it but they read it on the internet.
I never said I didn't like the game, not once. I've just asked questions.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 01:12 PM   #190
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I honestly thought Assassins Creed Origins was the best game in the series, and not because it had naked brown boobies.

Prior to Origins I thought Black Flag was the best in the series. Origins was made by the Black Flag team, had some naval combat reminiscent of Black Flag, and thus I have high expectations for Odyssey despite it's Mel Gibson looking main character.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 02:16 PM   #191
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense then. I wouldn't even cared if they were the same graphically, as in how good it looks. But I do care when all the assets look exactly the same. I really enjoy history and "being in the time period" has always been once one of the things I liked the most about the series. Learning about things as you go and feeling like you're in that era. If that's changed, and the assets seem to the same...I'd by annoyed as well.
It has it, you feel like you're in ancient Greece. Have not seen any duplicate assets thus far.

yoz
Old Oct 4, 2018, 04:00 PM   #192
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

the official forums currently has debate over the enemy level scaling. some people want an option to turn this off. i personally hate level scaling 1:1. it just seems a cheap way to maintain game difficulty. on normal difficulty, overall where do you see the numerical superiority becoming a factor? one versus two, three, four? at one point i had 4 mercs pursuing me. they appeared to have banded together, and i simply could not defeat all four. lol but then i discovered an easy way to avoid this altogether - just pay the bounty off. usually it was just a couple hundred but seemed to discount the entire bounty mechanic.

thoughts?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 04:08 PM   #193
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

1:1 scaling? Ugh, that's always so annoying. It's not quite as bad as rubber banding AI in racing games...but it's up there.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 04:20 PM   #194
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
1:1 scaling? Ugh, that's always so annoying. It's not quite as bad as rubber banding AI in racing games...but it's up there.
the different geographical areas are also leveled to an extreme degree. i don't remember origins being so strict. on my way to the next area i stopped off on a small island that had a quest giver. i accepted the quest and was immediate besieged by three, level ten npc's. i was currently level eight. they didn't have the skull icon above their head but killed me with one hit. i was just watching a video about this and it appears that if you deviate from how the areas are level scaled in regards to your character level, one hit kills from npc's await . i believe they added the option to enable/disable scaling in origins, so hopefully they do the same with odyssey.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Oct 4, 2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 04:35 PM   #195
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
the different geographical areas are also leveled to an extreme degree. i don't remember origins being so strict. on my way to the next area i stopped off on a small island that had a quest giver. i accepted the quest and was immediate besieged by three, level ten npc's. i was currently level eight. they didn't have the skull icon above their head but killed me with one hit. i was just watching a video about this and it appears that if you deviate from how the areas are level scaled in regards to your character level, one hit kills from npc's await . i believe they added the option to enable/disable scaling in origins, so hopefully they do the same with odyssey.
Origins was like this in terms of scaling. I did a lot of exploring early on and learned pretty quickly if you arent on level terms with the enemy youre going to die after a hit or two.

I tried to cheat the system(kind of) by stealth killing enemies above my rank and even stealth kills do not kill enemies above your rank.

You just have to bite the bullet and wait til you get to their level to move on their area. Its just another way they lock away better weapons so you arent OP in the game.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 05:52 PM   #196
acroig
Master Troll

Let's hope they add an option to turn off level scaling.

yoz
Old Oct 4, 2018, 07:14 PM   #197
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

i'm heading back to the prologue area to see if those enemies have 1, respawned and 2, what level they are now that i just turned level 9 (equipment still lvl 8).

update: map still shows the isle as 6-6 and can confirm the animals are level 6 also. the area i left was tagged lvl 9 to coincide with my current level. i'm wondering if i leveled to 10 before return, if the area would maintain lvl 9 scaling?

update 2: can kill lvl 6 npc's w/2 hits. the prologue island has yet to respawn any enemies. been done with it for about 4 hours.

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Oct 4, 2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 08:27 PM   #198
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I like how the game offers me not one, but two very handsome characters
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 09:14 PM   #199
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I like how the game offers me not one, but two very handsome characters
someone mentioned the guy looks like a young mel gibson?

Quote:
Old Oct 4, 2018, 09:32 PM   #200
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

no idea. looked like a generic npc to me tbh
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 09:44 PM   #201
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I heard the bitch has more personality
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:53 PM   #202
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I heard the bitch has more personality
Don't they always?

yoz
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:56 PM   #203
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Watching gameplay, I'm liking the Sparta kick and the fact you can disarm the opponents shield and lob it away. Are GFX much improved or practically the same as Origins?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:59 PM   #204
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Watching gameplay, I'm liking the Sparta kick and the fact you can disarm the opponents shield and lob it away. Are GFX much improved or practically the same as Origins?
I would say there's a slight improvement. The setting makes a big difference.

yoz
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:01 PM   #205
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Would love to start this. Been hearing lots of good ole "I can't put this game down" comments from reviewers and general gamers.

Need to finish Origins pronto!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:02 PM   #206
KAC
That postcount though...

I thought you didn’t have the capacity to delve into two Asses back to back.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:03 PM   #207
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
I thought you didn’t have the capacity to delve into two Asses back to back.
On the gaming front? No, only one. On the physical front? I'm willing to handle as many Asses that I can handle.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:04 PM   #208
KAC
That postcount though...

We all know you are mega gay.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:05 PM   #209
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

i added some smaa, vibrance, and sharpening via reshade.

https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...n-screenshots/

Quote:
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:05 PM   #210
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
We all know you are mega gay.
That's not what your mum and sister said last night!