Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 20, 2018, 04:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Assassin's Creed Odyssey

"As with any rumor, I would advise readers taking it with a pinch of salt; even one as well corroborated as this one. Having said that, the setting of Greece would chime with other murmurs I had heard from earlier on in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins (previously codenamed Empire). In 2015, there had been suggestions from Ubisoft sources that Greece might appear in the game, but that Egypt would be the focus. Later, these same sources began to report that Greece would instead be saved for the game that would follow Origins."

"The next Assassin’s Creed is currently scheduled for release in fall 2019. Our sources indicate that the game entered full production around the start of 2017 at Ubisoft, preceding the launch of Origins. It’s said to be in development for Xbox One, PS4 and PC."

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/03/...first-details/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:27 PM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

trojan horse ftw
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:37 AM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Honestly, Ill get it no matter where it is.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 21, 2018, 01:17 AM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

After Origins I am buying the full 100 boner edition.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2018, 04:50 AM   #5
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I dont think it will be a new game, but more likely a major expansion for origins. The game publishers said they had decided on a long term system for origins INSTEAD of a new assassins creed sequal didnt they?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2018, 08:38 AM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I dont think it will be a new game, but more likely a major expansion for origins. The game publishers said they had decided on a long term system for origins INSTEAD of a new assassins creed sequal didnt they?
Did they? Have a link to share?

yoz
Old Mar 21, 2018, 09:11 AM   #7
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I think it will be new game. 2 years is what they've been going with so far.

They might release another story DLC in the meantime, so that season pass might actually be worthwhile.

I like this direction they're going with. I was wondering when they were going to start addressing the height of the Greek and Roman empires. If the next game is set in Greece, think that inevitably means the next one after that would be set in Rome, perhaps around the time of Julius Ceasar. Rome around that time would be .

This new direction is great. I really disliked Unity and Syndicate. Both felt like the same bland game with different wallpaper.

Right now I rank Black Flag as #1, Assassins Creed 2 (mainly the first two in the series) #2, Origins #3 and the original #4. The rest were just so so.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.

Last edited by Exposed : Mar 21, 2018 at 09:26 AM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2018, 09:39 AM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yup probably a new game. They have stated before they are getting off of the every year cycle and doing a game every two. So no game this year but the following year we should get one. Judging by how well Origins was received they should stick with the formula. I wonder if the big wigs are looking at the profits though. This is the first AC game in awhile that took 2 years to make... I wonder if they got enough profit from it being a fantastic product vs. releasing two OK games in the same amount of time.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:34 AM   #9
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

Right now I rank Black Flag as #1, Assassins Creed 2 (mainly the first two in the series) #2, Origins #3 and the original #4. The rest were just so so.
I'd agree, but also put a giant-ass asterisk next to Blackula because of the ship combat. It was great, but also kind of a novelty since this is not a ship combat-centered series. imho they probably didn't expect people to love the ship combat as much as they did.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:50 PM   #10
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Aya is half-Greek, so maybe she can be the main character. The height of Greece was before the time frame in Origins, so wonder if this would be a prequel if true.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 04:21 PM   #11
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 04:25 PM   #12
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I would expect it to be during the reign of Alexander the Great when he was the first Greek to unite all the city states and kingdoms under the Hellenic banner. Might just be in Greece whilst the Greeks are off in Asia in their expedition against the Persians.

The next Ass Creed should be in Persia!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 09:18 PM   #13
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Maybe, but it would be probably be during the trojan war, as that would be the most well known greek mythology/almost real history, in the west.

Personally, if this shiz was real, i'd pick the time of pericles for politcal lore and conspiracy to fill assassins creed story, but there are many time in greek history, or mythology that would be awesome to play around in.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 09:31 PM   #14
Megaman
Packing heat!

Why will it be based on a myth? Haven’t seen any mention of a mythical based story.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 09:37 PM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

... it's a scifi game based in ancient days where all previous games bar one or two have been 50/50 based on myth and history... why would you expect this one to be different?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 09:43 PM   #16
Megaman
Packing heat!

Wait.. were the previous ones based on a real life mythical stories or Ubisoft made stories? I forget.....

The Trojan war was a real life mythical story so that would make sense if the previous ones were too!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:56 PM   #17
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I can almost guarantee we wont see anything based on Greek mythology.

All of the assassins creed games were loosely based on factual events, settings, and people. They will not toss that aside for some Greek gods/goddesses or some storytelling by Homer. Greek mythology is at least 1000 years prior to Origins and Origins is supposed to be the origin story, I would expect any setting in Greece would be during the height of the Greek empire or close to it, as that would make more sense to fit in with the whole political conspiracy organizations the series was focused on since inception.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 05:33 PM   #18
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

we had Rome in AC2 but of course in the renaissance period with no romans. considering the romans based their architecture and ways of life on the greeks which they admired it will be a great setting. i hate modern day greece but love ancient greece, it is fascinating
Old Jun 1, 2018, 03:27 AM   #19
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Jun 1, 2018, 03:45 AM   #20
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This series has become so stale and boring that I haven't even bothered to pirate it any more.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2018, 04:43 AM   #21
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
This series has become so stale and boring that I haven't even bothered to pirate it any more.
i felt that way after black flag. Origins is epic! have u even tried it
Old Jun 1, 2018, 05:29 AM   #22
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Origins epic!!??

Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2018, 06:02 AM   #23
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Origins epic!!??

If we renamed Assassins Creed Origins to Assassins Stalker Origins Metro 2033, will you give it 10/10?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 08:36 AM   #24
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Origins epic!!??

Seriously GTFO, we don't need another Ancient shitting on yet another game that everyone else likes thread.

BTW Origins >>> Any Stalker game.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 08:40 AM   #25
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Seriously GTFO, we don't need another Ancient shitting on yet another game that everyone else likes thread.
Seconded.

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2018, 08:41 AM   #26
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I'm in!

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2018, 08:42 AM   #27
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
i felt that way after black flag. Origins is epic! have u even tried it
I haven't, however the problem for me isn't really the locale or stories, it's the fact that the game play hasn't really changed over the years other than a few additions here and there.

I checked Origins from Youtube clips and it's essentially still the same.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 08:43 AM   #28
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

origins is the biggest departure for the main series, so if you want something more different than that you are probably never going to get it.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:56 AM   #29
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
I haven't, however the problem for me isn't really the locale or stories, it's the fact that the game play hasn't really changed over the years other than a few additions here and there.

I checked Origins from Youtube clips and it's essentially still the same.
Why in the world would they change the gameplay?

The games are fun and they sell really well. Gameplay change isn't what's needed here. It's fine, so they shouldn't break it.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:47 AM   #30
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The games are fun and they sell really well.
Well if that's the meter then I guess I can understand why EA churns the same **** out every year and Activision too.

Why innovate properly when you can just rehash the same game in a different locale and the money pours in.