Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 14, 2018, 07:50 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
watched a stream of this. looks like this one has less shootbangs, more exploration and puzzles. and lara croft looks even more bland than before.

pass
Everyone at the beginning of this thread was complaining that they thought there was going to be TOO MUCH shooting and less of the old school exploration and puzzles.

A lot of people were wrong. And people are upset that it's the opposite.

Gamers these days are ridiculously hard to please.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 09:25 PM   #92
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Third eye plays PUBG. I don’t think he is hard to please.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:00 PM   #93
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Third eye plays PUBG. I don’t think he is hard to please.
Burn!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 15, 2018, 01:06 AM   #94
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

adding more exploration to the game isn't gonna make it like the old school games. The name of the game is the only thing in common tbh.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 01:08 AM   #95
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

For someone who is actually playing the game, it looks and plays solid. I don't see much change from previous games tbh.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 01:15 AM   #96
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

the **** did you just say ?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 01:54 AM   #97
KAC
That postcount though...

I said this bitch like same booty.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 04:23 AM   #98
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm really enjoying it so far, played about 3 hours and I already think the writing and characterization is better than Rise (which is not saying much) but it's probably not fair to compare them yet.

It uses light and shadow a lot better than previous games, and it looks pretty great. I get a lot of Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 4 vibes from this game, plus a lot of other modern references.

So far there hasn't been much action at all, though. You get guns early but they are taken away and you'll just get a bow for a bit. It's just quietly building the story and the Jonah + Lara interactions are pretty good. Done a couple of tombs but they have been pretty trivial. I strongly recommend people put Puzzle difficulty on hard because on normal she just yaps constantly about how "she needs to climb that ledge" or similar.

Runs pretty well for me. Low hair looks better than normal imo.

So far I like it, but we'll see if it holds quality and hopefully the action picks up in the back half.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 06:11 AM   #99
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes game is done well. I am 10% done.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:57 PM   #100
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Looking forward to starting this. On a technical side, SMAAx4 (highest AA ingame setting) is taxing at 4k and on my SLI 1080 Ti. I also believe that TAA is broken in SLI systems (coming from Monster Hunter World experience) though it seems to be working in this.

Would like to know how people running this?
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:33 AM   #101
KAC
That postcount though...

Sli works? Scaling?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:54 AM   #102
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Sli works? Scaling?
Of course, it worked in all the other Tomb Raider games.

I watched a couple videos, and it showed both cards running at about 98% load.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 01:13 AM   #103
KAC
That postcount though...

Damn need to pull out one of those miner cards.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 06:05 AM   #104
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Action picks up after about 4 hours for me (maybe 3 if you skip through areas). That was about 15% from memory. They probably could have spread out the combat more. Not long after combat starts (fast travel gets active) I basically had a lot of full resources because I never needed them for anything. So I upgraded weapons like 4 levels at once. Maybe I should have gone harder mode but I think the game would have been better with a few smaller fights spread around in those initial hours.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:36 PM   #105
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

So there is some weird FPS issue where is jumps between 50s to 80s and back. Similar to a vsync issue but I am using GSYNC and so this shouldn't happen. Tried to look around the net and so far people are pointing out that it is the SLI causing the problem (or mGPU to be specific as this is DX12 implementation). Anyone has any insight on this or a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Action picks up after about 4 hours for me (maybe 3 if you skip through areas). That was about 15% from memory. They probably could have spread out the combat more. Not long after combat starts (fast travel gets active) I basically had a lot of full resources because I never needed them for anything. So I upgraded weapons like 4 levels at once. Maybe I should have gone harder mode but I think the game would have been better with a few smaller fights spread around in those initial hours.
Hard is the right setting to play this game at. It is the actual Normal.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:58 PM   #106
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
watched a stream of this. looks like this one has less shootbangs, more exploration and puzzles. and lara croft looks even more bland than before.

pass

Yeah but would you tongue f*ck her ass?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018, 01:12 AM   #107
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Sep 17, 2018, 06:39 AM   #108
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Old Sep 17, 2018, 08:29 AM   #109
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Yeah but would you tongue f*ck her ass?
Ahm.... yes, of course.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:09 PM   #110
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

There's a load of combat at about hour 10. Probably more in 30mins than the entire previous 10 hrs. And it's a similar setup to a specific segment in Uncharted 1--you can probably guess what it is if you know that game well.

Anyway. the serpent challenge tomb was alright, especially if you're a fan of certain 1980s movie starring samwise gamgee. Most puzzles have been too short and focused on working out where to go next than how to use the tools at hand. But not having Lara go on about what to do next is good.

Kinda sucks that the last ~3 hrs I haven't been able to change outfits due to a story issue. Sadder still is that the Henley is still the best outfit she has.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:10 AM   #111
KAC
That postcount though...

Nude mod out yet?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 06:33 AM   #112
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

After about 10 hours, the game has plenty of action. Both stealth and gunplay, and often you get a choice.

I'm at 16hrs and haven't quite finished. It's the longest tomb raider game I've played.

I've done a handful of tombs, Some are more puzzle focused, others a bit more about platforming. No hard brain teasers yet but the size of the tombs is generally quite large. Lots of swimming through tunnels in this one, and getting turned around underwater is probably the most pre-2013 tomb raider part of the experience.

I think it's a pretty strong game, borrows a lot from the uncharted series.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 07:19 AM   #113
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

?

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2018, 09:50 AM   #114
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm at 16hrs and haven't quite finished. It's the longest tomb raider game I've played.
I just checked my games. I had 16hrs in TombRaider and 30hrs in Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 02:50 AM   #115
KAC
That postcount though...

This game is like really slow. Not sure when the action will pick up. For now I have maybe killed 2 jags and about a dozen gays. Other than that, I am just solving puzzles and using instincts to open boxes. It is open boxes simulator right now. Environments are tight. It helps that I connected to my 55" TV and game can run 4K on it. I think, an X1X purchase would have been better as HDR would have worked. I am unable to get HDR to work in this right now. Oh well. Also Lara is wearing like Nun costumes in this one wtf
Old Sep 21, 2018, 08:07 PM   #116
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
This game is like really slow. Not sure when the action will pick up. For now I have maybe killed 2 jags and about a dozen gays. Other than that, I am just solving puzzles and using instincts to open boxes. It is open boxes simulator right now. Environments are tight. It helps that I connected to my 55" TV and game can run 4K on it. I think, an X1X purchase would have been better as HDR would have worked. I am unable to get HDR to work in this right now. Oh well. Also Lara is wearing like Nun costumes in this one wtf
It takes a while KAC but it does get action heavy in the back half.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 08:58 PM   #117
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
It takes a while KAC but it does get action heavy in the back half.
Too bad KAC didn't even read your post regarding how the game laid up. Busy finding nude patch I suppose
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2018, 09:07 PM   #118
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The other half finished it in 30 hours but she does almost everything she can. She says the story of this one is the weakest of the three. I have yet to play it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2018, 09:13 PM   #119
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
hdr is wonky yes didn't have any issues getting my pc to get hdr in games on my 4k tv when I tried it.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2018, 02:16 AM   #120
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
I am already at the 5 hour mark and I have been opening boxes like crazy.