Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:17 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I like the addition of checkpoint saves. It prevents the situation from the bad old days where I'd be going along, forget to save, and then died a stupid death only to discover my last save was 30 minutes to an hour back.

However, not having the option of a quick save can also be annoying. It depends, though. If the checkpoints are spaced close enough together it's not as big of a deal, but quick save is a good "save" for when the developer is lazy or gets it wrong. I remember back in the original Far Cry that the checkpoints were not well spaced, and a few times I just kept dying on a long section and it was frustrating as hell!
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 03:00 AM   #92
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Definitely having those extra auto saves are the best choice. Manual saves (plus a quickie) and auto saves.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 03:44 AM   #93
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

10 Bold Changes Exodus Is Making To Metro.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-to-metro.aspx
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2018, 06:18 AM   #94
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
10 Bold Changes Exodus Is Making To Metro.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-to-metro.aspx
I'm glad they're changing the ammo system. That was one of my very few gripes with the originals.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 07:20 AM   #95
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:17 AM   #96
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

That looks like concept art more than an actual screenshot.

If it is an actual screenshot, I bet its rendering just for being a bullshot, and the actual end result in gamer's hands will be much lower quality.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:30 AM   #97
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

If it is an actual screenshot, I bet its rendering just for being a bullshot, and the actual end result in gamer's hands will be much lower quality.
Why would you say that? Metro was always technically advanced and we have games that look far better then that sometimes even on consoles.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:50 AM   #98
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Why would you say that? Metro was always technically advanced and we have games that look far better then that sometimes even on consoles.
Hmm... what console games are we talking about here?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 02:34 PM   #99
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Hmm... what console games are we talking about here?
Horizon Zero Dawn for one.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 02:56 PM   #100
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I don't see anything in Horizon Zero Dawn that looks nearly as detailed as Metro Exodus. It looks more like Far Cry Primal if you ask me, and less detailed. Procedurally generated vegetation isn't anything new either.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 07:31 PM   #101
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Ergh what? This is isnt 2008. Metro and Last Light look pretty close to those screens already, have you even played them?
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:09 PM   #102
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Looking forward to it, really enjoyed the previous games.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:10 PM   #103
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Ergh what? This is isnt 2008. Metro and Last Light look pretty close to those screens already, have you even played them?
I played both games and their remasters, at max details on a GTX 1080 SLI system. I haven't seen one scene like the quoted shot above. Some were "close", if by close you mean reduced polygonal count and assets. Of course only the best shot was quoted, the other shots in the portfolio look much more in line for a new Metro game, though still impressive. And let's not forget they've also released screenshots of previous Metro games that had higher resolution/higher detail assets than what was shipped vanilla. And they're not the only company that does it. Metro Last Light certainly didn't look like this when first released

Last edited by Exposed : Feb 9, 2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:56 AM   #104
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

yeah metro last light never achieved concept art/prerendered level of visuals

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 02:46 AM   #105
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's not often I read an article saying "this will change about game xxx", and that I'm interested and pleased. I consider Metro 2033 one of the finest single player shooters since Half-Life 2, but Metro: Last Light didn't click for me. (I quit at pandering sex scenes.) I hope Exodus gets me right back into the series.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 03:10 AM   #106
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
It's not often I read an article saying "this will change about game xxx", and that I'm interested and pleased. I consider Metro 2033 one of the finest single player shooters since Half-Life 2, but Metro: Last Light didn't click for me. (I quit at pandering sex scenes.) I hope Exodus gets me right back into the series.
There was something off about Last Light, wasn't there. I wanted to like it but something felt wrong. maybe the story wasn't quite as interesting as the first one. or the enemies as challenging. i finished the first one with full interest but got probably about 85% through Last Light and called it quits.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 03:38 AM   #107
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

It's because the first game was a new ip, something created from love and dedication, and while they no doubt loved making the second game too, it like most sequels, is more about polish and refinement than creation.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 04:46 AM   #108
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That's weird, I feel the exact opposite. I thought 2033 was good but not great. Last Light was pacing perfected with excellent variety, great shooting, decent stealth, awesome locations. Those underground cities were LL was my goty and one of my favorite shooters of all time.

I need to replay them both at some point before Exodus drops, maybe I'll like 2033 more.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 05:14 AM   #109
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
It's because the first game was a new ip, something created from love and dedication, and while they no doubt loved making the second game too, it like most sequels, is more about polish and refinement than creation.
For me, I think what bothered me most is the storyline 'moments' didn't click. They felt a bit more immature: the betrayal by the "oh ho ho I fooled you" NPC, the out-of-the-blue and out-of-place sex scenes, it's as if Last Light took a little more inspiration from GTA5 and a little less from its predecessor. I think I had some trouble with a few frustration gameplay moments too.

However, instead of thinking bad about the game, I'm mostly just sorry I didn't love it as much as 2033. Reviews seem a little mixed about a lot of elements too: some reviewers loved specific elements of the game, others hated it. I wish I could've been on the positive side of that.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 07:40 AM   #110
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Polishing and refinement it is, but they use the same engine, so actually LL was easier task.
But the reason why LL is off is because 4A Games tried to widen it to more casual public - western public. LL is less dark and easier, and because of this is less atmospheric too.
The same thing GSC tried with Clear Sky, and Stalker community criticized them heavily, so they went back with CoP which is more like SoC in terms of atmosphere.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:53 AM   #111
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I thought both games were great in their own way. I enjoyed the mini boss encounters in Last Light, wider open areas, longer distances travelled but the original felt had a better flow to it (and story). The ending in the first was also better.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 02:37 PM   #112
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I thought both games were about equal. It could be the story line of the first game is better because it basically follows the Metro 2033 novel (don't bother reading the book, the game did it better). I don't know if the second one was based off of an actual novel, or if the developer just came up with it, if the latter that could explain it. Although, considering I don't think the Metro 2033 novel was that great, I wouldn't necessarily expect a dev-based story line to be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
For me, I think what bothered me most is the storyline 'moments' didn't click. They felt a bit more immature: the betrayal by the "oh ho ho I fooled you" NPC, the out-of-the-blue and out-of-place sex scenes, it's as if Last Light took a little more inspiration from GTA5 and a little less from its predecessor. I think I had some trouble with a few frustration gameplay moments too.

However, instead of thinking bad about the game, I'm mostly just sorry I didn't love it as much as 2033. Reviews seem a little mixed about a lot of elements too: some reviewers loved specific elements of the game, others hated it. I wish I could've been on the positive side of that.
Strangely enough I can't even remember the sex scenes.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 01:21 AM   #113
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post

Strangely enough I can't even remember the sex scenes.
i've totally forgotten about it till you guys mentioned it. it was weird and felt out of place in such a game.

Last edited by bob saget : Feb 11, 2018 at 01:46 AM.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 04:01 AM   #114
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
it was weird and felt out of place in such a game.
Oh thank god, for a moment I thought I was just the most prudish guy on the forum.

Last Light was not based off a novel by the way, it was written by the developers themselves. The actual follow-up novel was considered unfit to be turned into a game.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 08:17 AM   #115
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Not only the sex scene, I really dislike the LL teasing with too much sexual stuff in it. It's out of place for Metro themed games. In 2033 I recall only one hooker early in the game asked for some good time but instead you get nabbed if you do so.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:36 AM   #116
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Old Feb 13, 2018, 09:09 AM   #117
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Nice interview, they mentioning mixing stalker with metro made me smile.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:35 PM   #118
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Long article short; this is the closest we'll ever get to Stalker 2? I accept. Please run well on a base PS4.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink|Ducky 1087 mechanical keyboard w/cherry brown switches|Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Samsung 24D390 |Sony C520K| Dell 2007WFP| Creative T10 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Nokia Lumia 640 w/ 32gb Flash
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:57 PM   #119
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Long article short; this is the closest we'll ever get to Stalker 2? I accept. Please run well on a base PS4.
Not really, metro isnt much like stalker, excepting they are both set in russia from a russian perspective. There ARE two games similar to stalker though. Escape from trakov is the closest, but Survarium is similar in a lot of ways too, both games are similar to stalker in different ways though.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:29 PM   #120
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not many videos make me both happy and sad at once, but that one did.

The guy said they were going to do an open world metro game in the tunnels and that's exactly the type of game I wanted them to make. But then they said that they were sick of tunnels and wanted to something new.

Then I got happy again when they said they we're doing a mix of stalker and metro.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote