Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 27, 2015, 01:08 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Ha, yeah, there are a few goode ones in there, mixed around all the normal mundane ones.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:32 PM   #122
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

1min mark

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:28 PM   #123
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

So I picked up a Type 7 for hauling stuff around and outfitted it with a planetary Vehicle Hangar.

First thing I did was head to the nearest planet to see how this beast handles and when I got close I noticed that this particular body has 1.02G, the most I have encountered so far.

Took my SRV for a very brief hoon before taking off again and noticed something as I was departing. As I was turning the ship to face the escape vector the ship creaked and groaned from gravity's effect on the enormous 500+T ship. Pretty awesome.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2016, 01:29 AM   #124
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Also, winged up with MUYA last night and did some opposing which was awesome, except for the part when I discovered my power management had somehow been messed up during storage and I immediately got interdicted and destroyed by the systems security just minutes after arriving.

Anyone else have this problem? I couldn't shoot my burst lasers! it was totally bizarre.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2016, 04:57 AM   #125
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

the game is now very frequently crashing on my pc, anyone else getting this? it seem I'm not the only one who've been experiencing this lately

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=219348&page=6
Old Jan 6, 2016, 05:03 AM   #126
MUYA
Radeon R420

MUYA is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Also, winged up with MUYA last night and did some opposing which was awesome, except for the part when I discovered my power management had somehow been messed up during storage and I immediately got interdicted and destroyed by the systems security just minutes after arriving.

Anyone else have this problem? I couldn't shoot my burst lasers! it was totally bizarre.
We gotta wing up for some crime sweep or opposing again...cycle gonna flip tomorrow so maybe see ya then!

Always fun to wing up!
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2016, 05:04 AM   #127
MUYA
Radeon R420

MUYA is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
the game is now very frequently crashing on my pc, anyone else getting this? it seem I'm not the only one who've been experiencing this lately

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=219348&page=6
No crashing for me but from the patch being deployed now....

CLIENT UPDATES
  • Don't crash if an invalid preset is selected in bindings.
  • Fixed a crash in trail rendering.
  • Prevent a crash if closing bulletin board while the page is updating.
  • Fixed a prospecting drone crash.
  • Fixed a render crash with asteroid cluster.
  • Fixed a crash from NPC launching.
  • Zooming into a discovered planet surface map and zooming out will show all unknown planets - fixed.
  • Corrected an issue when accumulating replication on SRVs so that we don't halt network replications if the owner is currently in the classified camera.
  • Shouldn't have to drive away from the crashed ship sites and Barnacles to be able to recall your ship.
  • Fixed a network error when shutting down drones.
  • Rebalanced the ice field lighting in the CQC map.
  • Fix for at least one cause for broken materials on Radeon HD 5000/6000 GPU's.
  • Fix skipping in ident video.
  • Plus sign fixed for German language.
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2016, 08:03 AM   #128
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

it turned out to be my hardware that was at fault no crashes anymore atm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 08:55 AM   #129
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
it turned out to be my hardware that was at fault no crashes anymore atm
Its always goode finding the cause! Even if the cause sucks :/
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 09:08 PM   #130
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:13 AM   #131
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

Posted my thoughts in that thread but it's quite obvious FD don't give a damn.

This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time across a number of patches and with each patch they downgrade the rings systems even further.

We're also pretty much at the point where there is virtually no difference between low and ultra which has been highlighted several times.

Elite's beauty was always in it's surroundings but sadly it's diminishing right before our very eyes...
ALien8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 06:54 AM   #132
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah they don't care otherwise they would have mentioned it by now.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 08:27 AM   #133
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
1min mark

What about the 1 min mark?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:01 PM   #134
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
What about the 1 min mark?
Alien tech. People are desperately trying to find in the game.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 03:18 AM   #135
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...n_gameplay_in/

feel free to fire some plasma balls on me later ...
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:20 AM   #136
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

so is there anyone here into pvp combat? or are you all pussies?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:31 AM   #137
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I haven't had time to play yet, once I get a better ship I'll come waving my black flag
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:46 AM   #138
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

I'm on a break from the game, little to no content. I also rarely see players in open, the ones I do are new to the game so we wing up and I show them the ropes or just help them get credits for a better ship.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 06:20 AM   #139
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

So i was mucking around on steam, and noticed evochron merc is on steam now. Why are we playing elite? Evochron is a much better game!! Though worse graphics, as its more than 4 years old i think. like 2009 or something.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 06:51 AM   #140
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I'm on a break from the game, little to no content. I also rarely see players in open, the ones I do are new to the game so we wing up and I show them the ropes or just help them get credits for a better ship.
I've been on break since the game launched

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jan 9, 2016, 07:16 AM   #141
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I've been on break since the game launched
To be fair... im not gonna take anyone serious when they have ori as their avatar...
Old Jan 9, 2016, 08:26 AM   #142
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
help them get credits for a better ship.
I can take a donation of a few million for a python

Edit:
Looks like I have a Viper MKIV that I didn't even know I owned. Gotta go and pick it up it seems.

Edit:
Appears I now own one and sold my old ship. Yay for free ships

Last edited by daPhoenix : Jan 9, 2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:05 AM   #143
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you guys that put Elite on hold (like myself) should try Eve.
A new world of spaceships and big money has opened before my eyes, not to mention the faster wormholes
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:05 AM   #144
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
To be fair... im not gonna take anyone serious when they have ori as their avatar...

Tis true though, the game doesn't have enough content to keep me hooked. I hope once Season 2 is finished with crafting/fighters/multicrew there's more for me to do.

game has a really good framework, but they keep adding more framework and not enough content to fill the framework.

Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:19 PM   #145
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Tis true though, the game doesn't have enough content to keep me hooked. I hope once Season 2 is finished with crafting/fighters/multicrew there's more for me to do.

game has a really good framework, but they keep adding more framework and not enough content to fill the framework.
Completely agree with this. What they do have is also grindy as ****! As well as some of the dumbest design flaws in games. I love most of the game, but i still rage over the stupid interdictions and even things as simple as landing pads.

Even wit the nerfs for xbox, it's still the best "current" space sim i have found. So, it's enough for me until no mans sky.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:33 PM   #146
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
you guys that put Elite on hold (like myself) should try Eve.
A new world of spaceships and big money has opened before my eyes, not to mention the faster wormholes
Eve is by far one of the worst space sims I've played :P.

It's even more grindy, you have to wait months for high end skills to train.

Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:52 PM   #147
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Eve is by far one of the worst space sims I've played :P.

It's even more grindy, you have to wait months for high end skills to train.
well, money-making has been far more satisfying for me so far, and I was able to fly something like 10 different ships and get into a couple of strategic fights which were actually quite rewarding. Everything is faster and there's tons to do.

Anyway, I agree that the framework/content ratio in Elite is dangerously unbalanced atm.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2016, 01:35 AM   #148
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jan 10, 2016, 03:25 AM   #149
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Everything is faster and there's tons to do.
I suggest you take a look at how long it takes for you to be able to even pilot the ship I have in Eve, the Amarr Revelation ( https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Revelation ) - the word fast does not fit in this equation :P

And being able to actually fly it means nothing, you need the support and combat skills to boot.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 09:09 AM   #150
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

21:9 display + 80 fov + asp cockpit is too bad the UI is too small for my liking