Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:01 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why did an image of a camgirl named something like bl0nd3pcmassterass strike my head just now After work, this head needs some scifi and sleep methinks...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 02:14 PM   #182
Woodgypsy
Whiney Supersnob

Woodgypsy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyWoodgypsy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
IIRC The dev explained to backers that pole arm, and spears overly complicated their combat mechanics, both gameplay wise and development resources wise (combat animations were mocapped) so they removed them from the game.

IMHO complete realistic melee combat in games are impossible without full body motion sensor control that require you to be actually adept at martial arts.
Yeah, polearms are difficult to implement in games, though I note that M&B does that with even less resource (but then, they didn't waste their budget on "next gen" visuals ). It also is why you "block" melee strikes in most melee action RPGs instead of parry them, even though blocking usually is a terrible idea in practice (oddly enough, Dark Souls is actually more realistic in this sense).

That being said, there is no denying that the end result of this game -- fights between plate-armored infantries swinging swords and shields -- closely corresponds with the commonly held stereotype of "fantasy medieval" world rather than the actual history. Seeing how this game also has common fantasy CRPGs cliches such as bar brawls and batman parents, this game really is a fantasy medieval RPG claiming to be "realistic". But then, enough marketing can make turn any lies into truth, and "hardcore" gamers are highly gullible bunch...
Woodgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2018, 03:48 PM   #183
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
don't forget its an alcoholic beverage too. if you use it often to save you will become an alcoholic in the game. the second type of save is to find a bed to sleep in. this auto-saves the game as well. i heard they are difficult to find though.
Why would finding a bed to sleep in be difficult?

Did they not have beds in medieval times?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2018, 05:45 PM   #184
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

You have to own the bed, or at least be renting it. Can't just sleep in any bed and save.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 02:59 AM   #185
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

there are plenty of beds, but if you sleep in the wrong one you'll likely get a poleaxe up the youknowwhat.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 05:32 AM   #186
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodgypsy View Post
Yeah, polearms are difficult to implement in games, though I note that M&B does that with even less resource (but then, they didn't waste their budget on "next gen" visuals ). It also is why you "block" melee strikes in most melee action RPGs instead of parry them, even though blocking usually is a terrible idea in practice (oddly enough, Dark Souls is actually more realistic in this sense).

That being said, there is no denying that the end result of this game -- fights between plate-armored infantries swinging swords and shields -- closely corresponds with the commonly held stereotype of "fantasy medieval" world rather than the actual history. Seeing how this game also has common fantasy CRPGs cliches such as bar brawls and batman parents, this game really is a fantasy medieval RPG claiming to be "realistic". But then, enough marketing can make turn any lies into truth, and "hardcore" gamers are highly gullible bunch...

I Don’t think people are brain dead. This game is very different from other games in the RPG genre with a more realistic flavor.. At the end of the day it still is a game played on a PC though, so most people understand you’d have to be pretty gullible to think you’re going to be transported back to an exact replica of the times with a story and gameplay centered around being bored to death.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 07:50 AM   #187
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Ok, I've been playing more and I gotta say, I'm really starting to like this game. Still hate the save system, but I'm getting the hang of combat (what there is of it so far, which isn't much). The voice acting and animations are top notch. The frame rate does take a hit in town, but it's not too bad.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 08:20 AM   #188
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

BTW did anyone else notice how your father in this game looks like Chuck Norris?

Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:14 AM   #189
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
BTW did anyone else notice how your father in this game looks like Chuck Norris?

What do you mean looks like? Did you not see him kick arse?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 02:33 PM   #190
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Bought this, but going to wait until they employ a better save system to actually play it. I am not against the one they have now, but my PC has been a tad unstable as of late, and if I cant quicksave, it will be a PITA.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:14 PM   #191
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
There is a drink called schnapps that you need to have to save. It gets used if you save the game (auto save doesn't count). So if you run out of them you have to buy them or find them just to save.
is this a joke? why on earth would a developer make such a retarded game mechanic.... I have to have schnapps to save??
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:20 PM   #192
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Bought this, but going to wait until they employ a better save system to actually play it. I am not against the one they have now, but my PC has been a tad unstable as of late, and if I cant quicksave, it will be a PITA.
Just get the mod to save any time.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 03:43 AM   #193
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

Are the any other games with more realistic combat?
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 04:15 AM   #194
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 08:22 AM   #195
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I stayed up until 2am playing this. I'm hooked. Yes it has some serious flaws, but IMO this is game of the year material.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 09:28 AM   #196
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Just get the mod to save any time.
You talked me into it.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:04 AM   #197
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So what is this game most comparable to? I'm not big on Bethesda's games, so I'm worried I wouldn't like this. Morrowind and Oblivion were pretty decent for their time, but everything else they made didn't interest me.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:14 AM   #198
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just how unpolished is it, are we talking about bethesda level jank or worse?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:28 AM   #199
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Does this game have SLI support? If not how does it run in 4k if you have a 1080 or 1080Ti?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:05 PM   #200
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Does this game have SLI support? If not how does it run in 4k if you have a 1080 or 1080Ti?
use the ryse sli bits
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:18 PM   #201
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
So what is this game most comparable to? I'm not big on Bethesda's games, so I'm worried I wouldn't like this. Morrowind and Oblivion were pretty decent for their time, but everything else they made didn't interest me.
This has absolutely nothing in common with Bethesda junk.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:46 PM   #202
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
use the ryse sli bits
eh its better to use the Crysis 3 profile and add the game exe to it. Either way the game is severely un-optimized. My second CPU core is constantly pegged at 100% while the rest hover around 30%. I'm waiting on some patches before I play this.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:55 PM   #203
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
It's similar to elder scrolls in function, but better an different than oblivion and skyrim arcadey/actiony crap. It's more like Morrowind and Die by the Sword, and a medieval history show had a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Just how unpolished is it, are we talking about bethesda level jank or worse?
It is so far less buggy and less janky then skyrim or oblivion were. Close oblivion after the first patch it had. As compared to bugs.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 01:50 PM   #204
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
eh its better to use the Crysis 3 profile and add the game exe to it. Either way the game is severely un-optimized. My second CPU core is constantly pegged at 100% while the rest hover around 30%. I'm waiting on some patches before I play this.
uncheck that processor in task manager core affinity then hit ok then recheck it back. I heard that helps
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Feb 17, 2018, 09:09 PM   #205
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Deus ex? I call this the medieval deus ex game
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:31 PM   #206
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Deus ex? I call this the medieval deus ex game
Damn, that just sold me. Now I just have to decide if I wait for a sale.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:45 PM   #207
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Damn, that just sold me. Now I just have to decide if I wait for a sale.
Personally I would wait. There seems to be a significant number of people having major tech issues with the game. I would wait for more patches.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:15 PM   #208
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

the ai needs some love. not sure how a fully armored npc, across rough terrain can keep pace with someone not wearing armor? likewise i don't believe the ai suffers from stamina loss

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:07 AM   #209
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

AI has no stamina loss at all. I was on a horse and just doing circles for 10 minutes, and the baddies never slowed down when in pursuit. It's one part of the combat I think should be changed, given your stamina is so limited. Maybe they removed it so people couldn't abuse it?

One thing I'm finding in this game is that a lot of people want you to do illegal stuff, like pickpocket, steal, or hunt animals (counts as stealing) and I'm refusing a lot of quests because I'm not a thieving bastard.

To me the game is a mix of witcher 1 and oblivion/skyrim. I also think the jankiness is on the level of bethesda games. NPCs walking through each other, through cut scenes, enemies getting stuck on logs, clipping through objects and such, horse getting in weird positions. It's nothing like the combat in those games though.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 05:20 AM   #210
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

i've seen many players become frustrated because they keep getting stuck on objects that results in their deaths . hopefully the upcoming patch will address some of these issues?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote