Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:18 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The combat doesnt look like my cup of tea but the game visually doesnt look bad?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 02:46 PM   #122
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The combat doesnt look like my cup of tea but the game visually doesnt look bad?
That i assume was the console version or she playing on low settings, because this game on PC on max settings looks fantastic, performance is not great but people want a open world RPG with good graphics for essencially free and that is not how computers work. Btw the AI management in this game is really complex and in reality is the main reason the game has performance problems, and even causes the "fast travel" system to take some time, why, for example the game world do not revolves around you, the NPC's do their daily stuff with you near them or not, in some cases you can have a NPC finish a quest for you, just because he reached the place first then you, or if you go on a quest with other fighters by orders of someone, if you deviate and go do other stuff, they will still continue, do the job and if you return, they will be mad at you for not going with them, this happens with all NPC's in the game even a simple farmer.

The combate is indeed really hard, it was one of the features i never liked about this game, but the developers know about it and they did everything they could to make it simpler after the beta, without compromising the original idea, realistic/historically based sword melee combate, they also know this system will not be universally loved and so they made sure you can pass almost all the game with no need for sword combate, use a bow for example, use a more stealth approach, get out of trouble using dialog, etc, etc.

KCD in 4k
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:45 PM   #123
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wonder if SLI works for this game? It looks like it needs it to push over 30FPS.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:26 AM   #124
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looking forward to my Zen+ build for this one...
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 09:38 PM   #125
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

my backer steam key has been received and activated
Old Feb 11, 2018, 06:45 PM   #126
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Went ahead and pre-ordered it....
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 01:25 AM   #127
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

just activated my code and linked to steam. hmm this might be a good one to try-out gforce now beta

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 01:38 PM   #128
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

31.7gb download in case anybody was wondering
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 01:08 AM   #129
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/t...-and-sli/36242

looks like we will get SLI support. Have a feeling it's going to be needed for 60+ fps at anything 1440P or higher.

Also a 20GB day 1 patch, rumor has it this is included in the preload.

https://kotaku.com/kingdom-come-deli...tch-1822941018

I just pre-ordered this, should unlock within the hour (3am EST)
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 01:37 AM   #130
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

sticky says it's launching on tuesday at 9am ct but the timer indicates less than an hour

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:05 AM   #131
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
sticky says it's launching on tuesday at 9am ct but the timer indicates less than an hour
It's unpacking now for me, should be playing in about 5 minutes.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:08 AM   #132
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's unpacking now for me, should be playing in about 5 minutes.
yeah apparently i needed to restart steam. i've been watching a few streams of the console version - runs and looks very good on the ps4. course its only 900p. however the facial animations are really good. the voice acting is good so-far also. didn't like the hand-to-hand however. i suppose it was the tutorial but it took forever for the guy i was watching to defeat the guy. maybe he wasn't doing something right?

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:08 AM   #133
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Tell me how it is.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:10 AM   #134
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
yeah apparently i needed to restart steam. i've been watching a few streams of the console version - runs and looks very good on the ps4. course its only 900p. however the facial animations are really good. the voice acting is good so-far also.
Yeah I almost bought it for my PS4 Pro but it's only running at 1080P on the Pro and the One X is at 1440P. Seems this game is going to be a graphics hardware pusher.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:10 AM   #135
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

the cutscenes are good too imo. could have a gem on our hands.

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:23 AM   #136
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is the combat fun?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:25 AM   #137
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Is the combat fun?
i'm still unpacking however what i have witnessed on the console versions its not going to be everyone's cup of tea. combat will take patience, button mashing will probably result in failure.

update: switching to custom settings seems to have put me into a loading screen that took forever. cutscenes which are rendered in-game running flawlessly at 1440p all settings ultra. graphics look very nice.

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 13, 2018 at 02:50 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 03:58 AM   #138
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

40-50fps @ 3440x1440 on a Titan Xp @ 2Ghz core....
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:34 AM   #139
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

was getting some minor frame drops into the mid 30's in fullscreen mode. moving to borderless seemed to have diminished them. granted i have my frames limited to 40. think i might go as low as 30 to see if i can maintain a more stable rate. played about 90 minutes, color me impressed. right before i died from lack of blood

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:39 AM   #140
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Is the combat fun?
you're going to hate it.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:50 AM   #141
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seems alright so far. Has a lot more story than I was expecting in this early part, the cut scenes are pretty decent. The action itself is a bit clunky but I've only really done 1 punch up and 1 practice fight. Tried to punch a guy up to collect some money and he beat me, so I snuck behind him and knocked him out, then he just handed me the money like I beat him lol

visually looks quite decent but the post-processing/AA they have makes it look blurry. I tried a few settings but it's either blurry or jaggy. Runs 30-60 on very high, ultra high is not playable for me. It's a bit clunky but I still feel like I'm in the tutorial phase (2hrs in)

Also the game only has like 3 saves, it overwrites the oldest save (so it says). It seems to save after big cut scenes though. Personally I don't like restrictive saves but they definitely are trying for a more simulator feel to things.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 05:21 AM   #142
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Kingdo...eplay-1249935/

25 - 52FPS @ 1440p on a 1080 Ti...Good luck folks haha
Old Feb 13, 2018, 06:40 AM   #143
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Played the intro part. Story might be up there with the Witcher. Thoroughly enjoying it. Game of the year potential
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:18 AM   #144
KAC
That postcount though...

How is combat?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:32 AM   #145
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah the story is wonderful.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 09:17 AM   #146
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Kingdo...eplay-1249935/

25 - 52FPS @ 1440p on a 1080 Ti...Good luck folks haha
Actually it's 32 - 62. On 1080p 46 - 80 fps.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 09:36 AM   #147
KAC
That postcount though...

Ok after Monster Hunter World I am not indulging until I see more gameplay videos.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 09:47 AM   #148
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Ok after Monster Hunter World I am not indulging until I see more gameplay videos.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:09 PM   #149
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Got SLi working!! Using Ryse Son of Rome Profile. 70% utilization, 50+fps @ 3440x1440 max settings. This is more like it . Running 2 Titan Xp's @ 2050MHz Core, 12GHz memory.

Side note: be sure to change the game to full screen mode when alt-tabbing out of it. It seems to change the setting to borderless mode which hurts performance.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 01:09 PM   #150
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber