Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:57 AM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Just missed this. Last DLC is out and a performance improvement patch.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-de...ition-out-too/

Looks like it's time to fire the old game up again.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2019, 03:50 PM   #422
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Trying so hard to like this game but the combat is ****ing atrocious. The developers should be slapped for how janky it is. The targeting system is complete ****ing aids and I can’t disable it. Trying to fight anything more than a 1v1 is worthless. Even 1v1 the combat feels garbage.

Ugh. This game has so much potential but I’m |—| this close to uninstalling it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2019, 03:55 PM   #423
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

You need to practice with wooden swords with that fella who I forgot his name is, but is in the starting city south of the map.

I thought the combat was **** too until I started to get better at it. Now I can't imagine playing it any other way, the mechanics are sound once you get a hold of it. Also helps to use a controller rather than mouse/keyboard.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 7, 2019, 04:03 PM   #424
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m past the training phases. It has to do with the way the targeting system works that makes it feel as bad as it does. Also, the fact that you’re taught that attacking the opposite side of the enemies guard works, but the AI will instantly ship from left to right or top to bottom without hesitation. Feinting rarely works. It seems completely random.

Controller over m/kB?? For a blocking and attacking style game .. Jesus Christ .. why can’t devs just copy Mount and Blade .. it’s still the absolute golden standard for directional melee combat .. somehow devs manage to **** this up every time. Mordhau, chivalry, this game .. all awful compared to M&B
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:32 AM   #425
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
You need to practice with wooden swords with that fella who I forgot his name is, but is in the starting city south of the map.

I thought the combat was **** too until I started to get better at it. Now I can't imagine playing it any other way, the mechanics are sound once you get a hold of it. Also helps to use a controller rather than mouse/keyboard.
thats blasphemy

mouse and keyboard seems to work pretty well. I killed runt with a feint then a headshot, fight was over in 1 blow.

Stabbing seems to be more effective for me, can abuse the clinch mechanic also once you get the right perk
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 01:29 PM   #426
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I feel the combat is better with controller too.. *ducks*

But I'm a total n00b with sword/melee combat games.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 09:00 AM   #427
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
thats blasphemy

mouse and keyboard seems to work pretty well. I killed runt with a feint then a headshot, fight was over in 1 blow.

Stabbing seems to be more effective for me, can abuse the clinch mechanic also once you get the right perk
I don't know, I think the controller feels "smoother" because the sword is perfectly mapped to the analogue stick, full 360 range of motion. Combat feels very fluid.

But yeah, that clinch mechanic will allow you to cheese through fights, I forgot about that that.

On the other hand, picking locks with the controller was an absolute nightmare, because you had to use the analogue button to manually move the lock around in 360 range, while with key/mouse you just pressed "E" and it moved it for you.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 05:55 AM   #428
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wow this game sucks ass. I can’t hit anything and getting routinely boned in combat. Dafuq?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 06:13 AM   #429
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Wow this game sucks ass. I can’t hit anything and getting routinely boned in combat. Dafuq?
You are a peasant who picked up a sword. If you want to be able to beat knights and bandits who live by it, you need to practice.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 06:27 AM   #430
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The only practice I am gonna do is hitting that Alt F4 button.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 09:39 AM   #431
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
The only practice I am gonna do is hitting that Alt F4 button.
Man up and git gud. It's a great game.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 08:48 PM   #432
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not fond of the combat too much either, especially having played Mordhau which feels much more flee flowing. Still worth sticking with though.