Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:42 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SkullE_again
Rage3D Veteran

SkullE_again is still being judged by the masses

played for 4 hours. so far its very fun. kind of a learning curve due to it being different.

good graphics. not AoC good but ok.
no levels. but if i had to count then its 50 levels.
5 officer levels ( leut. leut com. com. capt. adm.) with 10 levels each.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:43 PM   #152
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How does it work with getting different ships? Do you have to pay for them somehow or do you just get new ones as you level up?
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:45 PM   #153
SkullE_again
Rage3D Veteran

not that far yet. so ???

but you can customise your beggining ship. saucer, nacells, texture, etc.....
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:49 PM   #154
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

You've played 4 hours continuously? I haven't gotten more then 10 minutes at a time before the server kicks me. It's BAD. I've played all of an hour today spread across 6 or 7 attempts, before the server says "cya!".
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:54 PM   #155
SkullE_again
Rage3D Veteran

1.5 hours dropped 2.5 hours dropped then quit for the night.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:02 PM   #156
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

buckshot23 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
You've played 4 hours continuously? I haven't gotten more then 10 minutes at a time before the server kicks me. It's BAD. I've played all of an hour today spread across 6 or 7 attempts, before the server says "cya!".
Played for about an hour and a half with no drops.
buckshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:11 PM   #157
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

does anyone want a beta key?
I got one from a friend but I don't need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:28 PM   #158
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

PMd

I still havent got hooked to a MMO, but I suppose its never too late to attempt it...
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:38 PM   #159
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

sorry, I sent the beta key to Anth Seebel.
if I get another one, I will send it to dawdler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:41 PM   #160
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Awww

Well while I'm in the thread: How is death handled, really? I mean like when your ship is destroyed in PvP (that presumably exist). Cost, negative effects? Brought back to a shipyard?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:11 AM   #161
Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
sorry, I sent the beta key to Anth Seebel.
if I get another one, I will send it to dawdler.
Thankyou nomore!
3007WFP-HC
Anth Seebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:17 AM   #162
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

WOW!!! One single patch and server maintenance and the game becomes totally playable. No more disconnects, no more lag, pure fun

One day of open beta. That was impressive improvement for a single day.

Edit: Mission death seems pretty effectless. You respawn a few seconds later and no seeming ill effects. PvP death may be a different matter though.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:32 AM   #163
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Send me a key. I need to try this...

Last MMO I tried was guild wars and it was frickin' addictive. That is why I never purchased the damn thing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:18 AM   #164
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

So the game is actually fun? I know nothing do you fly aroud and just do mission or actually leave your ship?

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:04 AM   #165
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Does anyone have any decent mirror where I can download the client from ?

I have a key, but nowhere to download from. Fileplanet is ****, TentonHammer is ****, as well as the other sites listed on the Cryptic site.

Help !
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:16 AM   #166
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

the torrent was a waste of time. i'm using this mirror now - http://www.bigdownload.com/games/sta...en-beta-client
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:21 AM   #167
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

techpowerup is hosting the client now too.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...100108a.0.html
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:36 AM   #168
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Fileshack.....Fileshack....Fileshack!!!!

After over 14 hours of frustration with the default downloader, I finally gave up and went to Fileshack. Logged in to my free account, downloaded the file and had it within 2 1/2 hours...even capped at 750/sec.

The file is ZIPped and must be extracted to a location on the hard drive and then run from there.

I just completed the first mission online and had to exit long enough to share the news.

I'm about to install my son's copy on his PC in a few moments.

Good luck!

EDIT: FTR, I've successfully installed both my own and my son's client using the file from Fileshack. If you do need to do more than one installation, either move or extract the ZIPped file again for the 2nd installation. The installation removes some of the .hogg files from the directory into the game's location. It looks like you'll need those files for any additional installation.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)

Last edited by Dyre Straits : Jan 13, 2010 at 07:15 AM.
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:12 AM   #169
0WaxMan0
Radeon R420

0WaxMan0 is still being judged by the masses

If only fileplanet would sort out my account, the auto charged me for another years sub and my account no longer exists :/

Sounds like it is a better than i was expecting from the previews am actually realy interested in seeing it now rather than ,y previous opinion that it will just be another commercial sell out game with no depth.
0WaxMan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:18 AM   #170
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thanks for the links guys
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:13 AM   #171
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
So the game is actually fun? I know nothing do you fly aroud and just do mission or actually leave your ship?
Yes and yes, you do leave the ship quite a bit. Away team missions and starbases have you running around outside of your ship.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:16 AM   #172
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've played this now for a month, the ship you get at the start is nothing compared to actual class of ship you will get as soon as you hit lieutenant commander lvl 11. Gameplay changes drastically then because the ship is relaated to you ships class, unlike the starter ship.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:25 AM   #173
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I've played this now for a month....
As I recall you were not very impressed. Can you give us a summary (again) of what you think of it so far?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:39 AM   #174
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
As I recall you were not very impressed. Can you give us a summary (again) of what you think of it so far?
Say what, who told you that lol, I love the game.

The game isn't like EVE in anyway, it's a linear progressive MMO like most are, and the space combat especially when you get past the first ship is very tactical.

Some awesome episodes in the later part of the game.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:42 AM   #175
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Say what, who told you that lol, I love the game.
Glad we cleared that up! So you'd recommend it?

yoz
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:45 AM   #176
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
If you even remotely like star trek, then yes.

There's many tributes to Star Trek, some of which only trekkies would even know.

Some cool encounters too, Crystaline Entitiy, Doomsday Machine, Guardian of Forever to name a few.

Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:45 AM   #177
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
I would. I'm enjoying it alot since the patch and server reboot yesterday. Things went from practically unplayable to totally playable in a single patch. Stability was great for the rest of the evening and I played until almost 1am last night and actually got to log out when done.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:46 AM   #178
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

There's many tributes to Star Trek, some of which only trekkies would even know.

Some cool encounters too, Crystaline Entitiy, Doomsday Machine, Guardian of Forever to name a few.
Quote:
I would. I'm enjoying it alot since the patch and server reboot yesterday. Things went from practically unplayable to totally playable in a single patch. Stability was great for the rest of the evening and I played until almost 1am last night and actually got to log out when done.
Thanks, guys.

yoz
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:46 AM   #179
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:

Wait. The Doomsday machine makes a showing? Crap! I don't wanna fly my boat down it's gullet to kill it! That thing eats solar systems!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:47 AM   #180
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Wait. The Doomsday machine makes a showing? Crap! I don't wanna fly my boat down it's gullet to kill it! That thing eats solar systems!
Yes, and to say it takes a beating is a understatement.

They are high level fleet encounters, and usually require a huge amount of ships to win, some really cool episodes in the game too.