Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Star Trek Online (Cryptic Studios)

The last thread contained too much info on the previous developer of Star Trek Online so since they just released another video I thought I'd start a new thread.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Boum10fHJo&fmt=22

Character Creation End Results Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw8mu7hmNQk&fmt=22

Star Trek Online long ass video which includes a lot of information about the game it self.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Screenshots:

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:01 AM   #2
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Although I'm a fan of the original Star Trek, they would have to present this exceptionally well for me to be intersted. When is it suppose to come out? You figure if its years, then you have to tack on another 1-2 for the major bugs to get worked out via patching. Thats a long time to wait.

ps. They couldn't have paid Bill Shatner a couple of bucks to do the opening voice? Hell, I bet he would do it for nothing if they supplied him with a uber character of his Captain Kirk alter-ego

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:02 AM   #3
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

the screenshots look ..

... which also leads me to believe they're bullshots
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:05 AM   #4
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
the screenshots look ..

... which also leads me to believe they're bullshots
Nah going from the trailer (which some of the screenshots are from), they're likely just highest settings with **** loads of AA/AF.

We'll find out soon anyway as the game is supposed to be out this year, and BETA will be starting soon enough.

Personally I can't wait for this game, Cryptic know a LOT about Star Trek, so hopefully they can make a good game of it.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:37 AM   #5
sama98b
Radeon R700

sama98b is still being judged by the masses

Game looks like it's from 2000 by the screenshoots.

Predicting big fail for them for many reasons.
Work together as big groups .... in today mmo-s that doesn't work anymore.
- Asus EEE 1005pe .. inet everywhere
- Acer K11 projector 62", Lg 24", Samsung 15", 2xWD MB. 2Tb,
WD green 2x 1.5/2Tb, WD 5x500Gb, tt docking, ..
Razer Mamba/copperhead/lachesis/exactmat/vespula,
wacom bamboo pen ..
sama98b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:08 AM   #6
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sama98b View Post
Game looks like it's from 2000 by the screenshoots.

Predicting big fail for them for many reasons.
Work together as big groups .... in today mmo-s that doesn't work anymore.
So wrong on so many levels.

Guess you haven't played EVE.

Plus you don't have to group, you command your own StarShip which has it's own Bridge Crew which act as PETS for the main player which you can customise as well, you can take them on away missions or team up with other captains.

Plus you must have had some amazing games in the year 2000 which looked like that .

The graphics are fine for what they are, as long as the game plays great is all I care about. It's gamers like you which whine about graphics which is the reason games are becoming nothing more than tech demo's.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:34 AM   #7
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

The videos dont look too impressive graphically... But really who cares? Its Star Trek! It may just be the only MMO I have any desire to play.

I must say though, I laughed at the character creation video... Endless options? Yeah, as long as they're all looking like humans!
Wonder if we would see something like species 8472...
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:10 AM   #8
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The screenshots look like theyve reskinned nwn2 or mass effect. Mainly talking about shots 2 and 3.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:23 AM   #9
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well at least the first video states the release date "2161" so they have some time to get it right.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:27 AM   #10
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
The screenshots look like theyve reskinned nwn2 or mass effect. Mainly talking about shots 2 and 3.
I dont quite see how it can resemble NWN2, aside from the fact its like... on the ground... with a human...

Mass Effect is more like it, but I dont see how that is a bad thing.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:12 AM   #11
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

This is a MMO it's not going to have cutting edge graphics.

Otherwise the game would grind to a hault in busy area's.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:16 AM   #12
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
This is a MMO it's not going to have cutting edge graphics.

Otherwise the game would grind to a hault in busy area's.
What about WoW?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 05:08 AM   #13
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

They haven't made a good ST game since around the mid 90s. I remember playing a Star Trek game much like King's Quest (came out around the same time as some of the originals and had the same style of graphics/gameplay).

This is looking somewhat promising, but who knows. The character "create a class" thingy is pretty neat though.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 05:09 AM   #14
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
They haven't made a good ST game since around the mid 90s. I remember playing a Star Trek game much like King's Quest (came out around the same time as some of the originals and had the same style of graphics/gameplay).

This is looking somewhat promising, but who knows. The character "create a class" thingy is pretty neat though.
I beg to differ, Star Trek Elite Force 1/2 are great games, as well as Star Trek Armarda 1/2, Star Trek Bridge Commander, and finally Star Trek Klingon Academy.

The rest of the games are pretty pants though.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:14 AM   #15
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Whoever the modelers are for this need to be shot.

Last ship does NOT look trek, looks stupid. Some of the ships in the trailer are stock trek ships with "Lets add a doohicky on right here" which winds up breaking the design.

They could have just gone to scifi-meshes, contacted the authors of the thousands of trek ships, and asked "Want your model in an official ST Game?" and saved themselves an ass tonn of work, and been better for it.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:07 AM   #16
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

More shots.

Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:08 AM   #17
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:13 AM   #18
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

yea now they look more like what i would expect from an mmo.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:20 AM   #19
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
yea now they look more like what i would expect from an mmo.
The pictures look the same as the ones from the top. (some are the same locations, only at a different part)

Though I never thought the graphics where amazing to begin with, afterall MMO's aim to capture a wide range of PC's not just highend.

The graphics are fine for me, I just hope the game is fun.

Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:14 AM   #20
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

i was referring to the low poly models and settings in general (especially visible in all the rocks in the screenies).

you're right though, it's the artwork that makes or breaks an mmo's visuals. the actual graphics aren't particularly demanding because of performance issues.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:21 AM   #21
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Not sure I'm a fan of the new "saucer" design though, I prefer the whole disc or full saucer section, the ones with the middle missing look odd.

Good thing they are customisations and not a ship it self.

The last 3 ships pics are actually one ship just with different saucer and the last one has the different saucer plus different nacels. As each type has various bonuses or design types associated with them.

Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:45 AM   #22
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

buckshot23 is still being judged by the masses

buckshot23 will have this on day one.
buckshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:57 AM   #23
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

And some more screenshots for viewing pleasure...

Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:10 AM   #24
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...um=12&ct=title#

Play the Spock head orientation test...

Quote:
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:26 PM   #25
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The ships look less cartoony in newer screenshots. Coming along very nice, looking forward to this more and more each week.

shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:51 PM   #26
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I beg to differ, Star Trek Elite Force 1/2 are great games, as well as Star Trek Armarda 1/2, Star Trek Bridge Commander, and finally Star Trek Klingon Academy.

The rest of the games are pretty pants though.
Are you nuts!? Star Fleet Command and Star Fleet COmmand II where the only great Star Trek games to date. The others are fluff or quake meets Styar Trek. The SFC series at least had a trek feel!

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:54 PM   #27
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Hey! I liked A Final Unity, despite the characters taking an hour to walk across the screen on one world.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:03 AM   #28
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisler View Post
Are you nuts!? Star Fleet Command and Star Fleet COmmand II where the only great Star Trek games to date. The others are fluff or quake meets Styar Trek. The SFC series at least had a trek feel!
That doesn't make them bad games. Elite Force was great for it's time, and look at the mod community for BC.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 02:28 PM   #29
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Screenshot of the interface and the way shield strength will be displayed. Some of the newer reviews outlining space combat sound very exciting. Coming along great

shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 03:25 PM   #30
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
That doesn't make them bad games. Elite Force was great for it's time, and look at the mod community for BC.
I never forget how i started to play Elite Force at one night and suddenly it was nearly morning, birds starts to sing and i though, this game is getting really great whats next? .. wtf .. i finished it!
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote