Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:03 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
I laugh at these complaints because you buggers are still going to buy them game.

Tried it at a friends house, found it to be too mindless for me, never touched it again.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:55 AM   #212
PrayForMojo
Radeon R420

PrayForMojo is still being judged by the masses

Hell yeh I'm getting this game. When you put the DII and DIII screens next to each other I can really see how much the styles have changed. I actually prefer the WoW/cartoony style better than the real-life style of DII.
PrayForMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:07 PM   #213
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
You know, there were some fairly colorful/not filled with the darkness of doom areas in DII. One or two maps from D3 shouldn't be taken as an indicator of the overall mood the devs are going for, it changes with the area and events. It "is" a little smoother than I thought I would like, but watching the gameplay vids makes me think that won't be a real issue.
And most of them were pretty boring, namely above ground Act I, Act II and Act V's highlands. The trend? The above ground areas were mostly bland and uninspired. Diablo is a game of evil and the dungeons have always best reflected that. Take the original game for example, it had fantastic atmosphere and the town actually made sense.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:18 PM   #214
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That's funny, i liked the second act in D2 best
It doesn't need to be gory and gritty just because you're hunting monsters, in my opinion. I actually prefer diversity instead of just one dungeon, like in D1. Gimme gritty "real" stuff, gimme shiny, jungles, whatever. I hate games with just one setting, it's boring. I couldn't play Doom 3 or Crysis for these reasons. The first one had bump mapped pipes, and the other shiny leaves, whoopty doo.

Granted though, the town in the first Diablo was very, very nice.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:22 PM   #215
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

The hack and slash , leveling monster bashing gameplay trailers helped me go back to playing sacred for awhile
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:25 PM   #216
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

You guys are really gonna have a hissy fit when the aliens and antigrav stuff shows up later in this game.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:28 PM   #217
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
The hack and slash , leveling monster bashing gameplay trailers helped me go back to playing sacred for awhile
sacred. lol still have to give that game another chance. I like the horse riding. And ofcourse the best line in a videogame ever: "i'm a battlemage!"
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:33 PM   #218
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
sacred. lol still have to give that game another chance. I like the horse riding. And ofcourse the best line in a videogame ever: "i'm a battlemage!"
I liked the barbarians "select" line in Divine divinity: "I´m strong, like a man should be"
Old Jul 1, 2008, 04:51 PM   #219
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift3r View Post
Okay we get it already stop your crying. Shhhesh...talk about nerd rage.
Wonderful addition to this thread. Well done [clap] [clap]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
You guys are really gonna have a hissy fit when the aliens and antigrav stuff shows up later in this game.
Lol, people would **** a brick.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:23 PM   #220
Melchior
RG SSAA ftw!

Melchior is still being judged by the masses

Well that big ass rock did fall from space after all... it ... sorta makes sense.
Lite-On Combo drive /WD Caviar Black 640gb
ATI x1800xl Sapphire 6570, yay ssaa again
M-audio Delta 410 | Magnepan MMGs
Corsair 650TX PSU
Melchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:22 AM   #221
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:39 AM   #222
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Fallout 3 Producer Disappointed By Diablo 3

"I must say I am disappointed that Blizzard has stayed on the conservative side in terms of design with their updates to Diablo and Starcraft", Ashley Cheng, Fallout 3 production director wrote on his blog.

Cheng was quick to add that "Diablo will be interesting since World of Warcraft has a lot of Diablo-like qualities. I have no doubt, however, that they will be incredibly fun, addictive and polished games. Blizzard is the top of the class when it comes to game development - nobody does it better."

Currently working on Fallout 3, Bethesda chose to keep the game's atmosphere but redesign everything else. On the other hand, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2's gameplay and art style don't look that much different from their predecessors.

Source

Diablo 3 on game consoles a possibility

Greg Howson of The Guardian has titled his interview with Blizzard COO Paul Sams as "Blizzard interview - Diablo 3 console version a possibility."

Any plans to bring Diablo 3 to console?

I don't know yet. A lot of it depends on whether we think the gameplay experience will be the same on console, especially regarding the controls. Also I'd like to keep our audience together. One question mark I have is whether the console owners would allow PC players to play against console gamers. I think the answer gets a lot easier if the console owners say yes. But at the moment they do like to have closed systems. But you know, I think what it really it comes down to is the game itself. We want to deliver what is the best experience possible so the controls and everything else have to be perfect. When you are developing for multiple platforms you sometimes have to compromise. We aren't willing to compromise. We have relationships with all the console manufacturers. I know they would love to have us on their platforms, ideally on their own and not their competitor! But it's all about the game experience.

Source

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:43 AM   #223
Pirate Neilsouth

For me i don't care if it comes on consoles however they all must be equally as good with NO crap ports!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:14 AM   #224
klutzon
Found his way home

UK Retailer puts a March 2009 release date on Diablo 3

Leading UK online retailer Play has slapped a 27/03/2009 release date on Diablo for the PS3...

Source

PS3...?

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)

Quote:
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Quote:
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:12 AM   #225
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
Greg Howson of The Guardian has titled his interview with Blizzard COO Paul Sams as "Blizzard interview - Diablo 3 console version a possibility."
Consolized FTL!!! It's gonna be Deus Ex:IW all over again.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:10 AM   #226
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

"I must say I am disappointed that Blizzard has stayed on the conservative side in terms of design with their updates to Diablo and Starcraft", Ashley Cheng, Fallout 3 production director wrote on his blog.

Cheng was quick to add that "Diablo will be interesting since World of Warcraft has a lot of Diablo-like qualities. I have no doubt, however, that they will be incredibly fun, addictive and polished games. Blizzard is the top of the class when it comes to game development - nobody does it better."

Currently working on Fallout 3, Bethesda chose to keep the game's atmosphere but redesign everything else. On the other hand, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2's gameplay and art style don't look that much different from their predecessors.

Source
Anyone working on Fallout 3 needs to shut their damn mouth. I'd rather a game change art style and REMAIN TRUE TO THE GOD DAMN SERIES' GAMEPLAY than a game that completely rapes a franchise's sanctity but has pipboy tag along for the ride.

"Hey, we're making Oblivion with guns, but look at the normal mapping on those mutants! Diablo 3 doesn't have art style like this!"

Douches.

Last edited by zodiak : Jul 2, 2008 at 11:12 AM.
zodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:02 PM   #227
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
the original diablo was on ps1.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:16 PM   #228
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
Anyone working on Fallout 3 needs to shut their damn mouth. I'd rather a game change art style and REMAIN TRUE TO THE GOD DAMN SERIES' GAMEPLAY than a game that completely rapes a franchise's sanctity but has pipboy tag along for the ride.

"Hey, we're making Oblivion with guns, but look at the normal mapping on those mutants! Diablo 3 doesn't have art style like this!"

Douches.
Yeah i hate companies like these. If you're making a sequel make a sequel. Oblivion was horrible, don't have much faith for Fallout.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:39 PM   #229
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

im buying it just for the pipboy bobble head (i would get the clock too but im not american enough or so amazon tell me. )
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:03 PM   #230
Drift3r
Radeon R600

Drift3r is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
That's funny, i liked the second act in D2 best
It doesn't need to be gory and gritty just because you're hunting monsters, in my opinion. I actually prefer diversity instead of just one dungeon, like in D1. Gimme gritty "real" stuff, gimme shiny, jungles, whatever. I hate games with just one setting, it's boring. I couldn't play Doom 3 or Crysis for these reasons. The first one had bump mapped pipes, and the other shiny leaves, whoopty doo.

Granted though, the town in the first Diablo was very, very nice.
Kind of like Hellgate London if you think about it. They only have one freaking theme in that game and after you finish your first run through the game you are bored to freaking tears.

Last edited by Drift3r : Jul 3, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
Drift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:32 PM   #231
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Source
So the company who will most likely destroy the Fallout name because they will stray too far from the classic gameplay comes out bashing Diablo and Blizzard for their dedication to preserving the same gameplay? You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Whoever put her on PR needs to be fired.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:40 PM   #232
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well, we never killed Belial or Asmodeus, which are mentioned in the previous two games. Maybe if they want to add a few more, there's always Mammon, Dispater, and Baalzebub too!
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:48 PM   #233
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Unified ammo for throwing knives, javelins, crossbows and bows?!
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:21 PM   #234
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Unified ammo for throwing knives, javelins, crossbows and bows?!
So long as someone has an enchantress there to make them worth using, sure!
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:50 AM   #235
klutzon
Found his way home

Some news:
Diablo 3

Blizzard will also use the BlizzCon event to introduce Diablo 3 to gamers and if the excitement of Blizzard employees is anything to go by, the game will be a big deal. According to a message sent to WoW Guru by former Blizzard employee Chris Hartgraves, Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell ... Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability ... Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it. They should have a gameplay demo to show at BlizzCon.

This is definitely the second most heartwarming story for Blizzard fans, the first being the developer's denial of any plans to bring WoW to XBox 360.

Source

And speaking of the playable demo, apparently the Diablo III Official Demo has been leaked by a beta tester. This coming from here. Feel free to look for it yourselves, I don't know about posting links to it here though...

[edit]: It's been confirmed: the leak is BS. Packaged inside is the HD version of the gameplay video released at the Invitational last week.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by klutzon : Jul 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:20 AM   #236
klutzon
Found his way home

Diablo 3 co-op play details, no "griefing"

Blizzard Poster, Bashiok, at WoW forums:

We're - in general - not big fans of griefing for any game. It's really only "fun" for one person, and that definition of fun isn't generally something we're going to want to encourage. It's far more positive to encourage and support meaningful and skillful options and systems within a game, than a mechanic for people to instantly turn against one another for no meaningful gameplay reasons.

I definitely remember running with my friends, and someone toggles it, and bam everyone is dead and your one friend is laughing. Ok, ok, good joke I guess, and then you run back and *bam*, you've toggled it to get them back. After a while everyone usually agrees to a truce because it's just a waste of time. But I also remember running with random players and losing extremely nice items because of it, not cool. I'm sure that it was a feature that was right up some people's alleys, I won't deny there are some that would enjoy nothing more than to see others frustrated, but is that truly something that should be encouraged through design - if not directly opposed?

We have a large focus on cooperative play for Diablo III, and the mechanics and design decisions related to multiplayer are likely going to be based on supporting and encouraging it as much as possible, and not breaking it down.

That doesn't mean that PvP won't have its own focus, but those are details and features we aren't yet discussing.

Source

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:24 PM   #237
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Eh.. thats bad news for me. i loved the whole pvp scheme of D2.

I remember i had my 84 hardcore zeal/aura pally and i lost by like 3% hp to a barb. i was so pissed but i can remember that fight from start to finish because it took literally 15min of us going at it, charging hp pots out the ass.

it was insane but the pvp was NOT boring at all, nor meaningless. I won alot of pvp fights with that 84 pally
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:52 PM   #238
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Some news:
Diablo 3

Blizzard will also use the BlizzCon event to introduce Diablo 3 to gamers and if the excitement of Blizzard employees is anything to go by, the game will be a big deal. According to a message sent to WoW Guru by former Blizzard employee Chris Hartgraves, Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell ... Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability ... Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it. They should have a gameplay demo to show at BlizzCon.

This is definitely the second most heartwarming story for Blizzard fans, the first being the developer's denial of any plans to bring WoW to XBox 360.

Source

And speaking of the playable demo, apparently the Diablo III Official Demo has been leaked by a beta tester. This coming from here. Feel free to look for it yourselves, I don't know about posting links to it here though...

[edit]: It's been confirmed: the leak is BS. Packaged inside is the HD version of the gameplay video released at the Invitational last week.
so.. the gameplay trailer.. that was heaven?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:27 PM   #239
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
so.. the gameplay trailer.. that was heaven?
If there was Hell in the original Diablo, why not Heaven?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:57 PM   #240
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Eh.. thats bad news for me. i loved the whole pvp scheme of D2.

I remember i had my 84 hardcore zeal/aura pally and i lost by like 3% hp to a barb. i was so pissed but i can remember that fight from start to finish because it took literally 15min of us going at it, charging hp pots out the ass.

it was insane but the pvp was NOT boring at all, nor meaningless. I won alot of pvp fights with that 84 pally
Potting in pvp = the noes.