Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:17 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post
Just watched the 20min gameplay video... just wow. Any naysayers need to watch it.
the gameplay looks no different then from diablo 2, dungeon siege, titan quest and so and so on.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:24 PM   #62
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Anyone got the link to the 20 minute gameplay IN HIGH QUALITY?

The streaming link isn't working for me, and Blizzard's ****ty downloader doesn't work.
Dark_Swordmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:30 PM   #63
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
the gameplay looks no different then from diablo 2, dungeon siege, titan quest and so and so on.
...but explain how--with keeping to the boundaries of the genre--are you going to having everything "different"? I've played all the above games to death and that gameplay video already showed me a few things that are more refined and polished. Granted not different, but we don't know too much about the game yet.

There can be room for innovation with the skill system, balance of resistances/damage types, loot and so forth. I find a lot of games when trying to be too revolutionary and "different" end up having annoying and tedious gimmicks.

Pick any genre, FPS, RTS... you can use the "nothing different" argument there as well. These days it's harder and harder to be completely original and fresh. I agree I don't want a direct "port" of Diablo 2 with better graphics, but I am sure Blizzard will have enough moderate changes so it's refreshing.

Just look at SC2 gameplay videos, already we can see how Blizzard are keeping to the roots but also allowing some game mechanic changes.

I've got no doubt Sacred 2 and Diablo 3 will take the reigns as far as ARPGs go. I hope the stat allocation is balanced... unlike with Diablo 2 were everyone would dump vitality and only spend elsewhere for equipment pre-requisites.

Last edited by Jaws of Life : Jun 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:32 PM   #64
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post

The streaming link isn't working for me, and Blizzard's ****ty downloader doesn't work.

High quality version here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_28318.shtml
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:08 PM   #65
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
...but explain how--with keeping to the boundaries of the genre--are you going to having everything "different"?
exactly.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:14 PM   #66
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
5 classes and two are witch doctor, barbarian. Which ones from D2 miss out? Surely the sorc and paladin are there.
They are obviously saving classes for the expansion. I'm guessing each expansion will add two extra classes, thus after two expansions there will be 9 classes to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
I was kind of bummed it's over a year away at best. That and there are only going to be 5 classes.
A year away ? LOLOL this is not going to be out until at minimum summer 2010 - and that's a best case scenario. Just take a look at the difference between Starcraft2's original announcement/release date as an estimation.

It's obvious that this wouldn't be a full fledged MMO, there is no way Blizzard is going to become its own competitor.
Though with the success of WoW, it will not be a surprise when they announce that Battle.net isn't free anymore, or there is some kind of extra features for subscribing to Battle.net etc.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:06 PM   #67
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Is this a PC exclusive?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:08 PM   #68
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

i've never played D1 or D2. I have the Battle Chest forever, but simply haven't got around to it. I guess I'll just wait until part 3 to play as I'm sure the D1/D2 graphics are horrid.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:08 PM   #69
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

I never understood the diehard love for this game. I tried Diablo 1 way back when it came out but it never felt fun. Bunch of random clicking in a view point which offers me no sense of 'being there'.

I can see the love for The Witcher or Oblivion but Diablo fans puzzle me.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:19 PM   #70
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
i've never played D1 or D2. I have the Battle Chest forever, but simply haven't got around to it. I guess I'll just wait until part 3 to play as I'm sure the D1/D2 graphics are horrid.
It's "god view" third person. The graphics were crap when they were good. Hardcore 3d graphics in that view arn't really any better than older graphics. It's all tiny little characters beating other tiny little characters into blood sprays. No point holding off on playing the games until the third comes out. It's not like they are episodic.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:20 PM   #71
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoLo View Post
Is this a PC exclusive?
no its coming out for ps2, wii, ds and mobile phones, with the DS being the lead platform, the rest including pc will be ports.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:28 PM   #72
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Thank you good sir!
Dark_Swordmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:28 PM   #73
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
It's "god view" third person. The graphics were crap when they were good. Hardcore 3d graphics in that view arn't really any better than older graphics. It's all tiny little characters beating other tiny little characters into blood sprays. No point holding off on playing the games until the third comes out. It's not like they are episodic.
ya, that's what i was wondering. so they are all seperate games. i think i may try diablo 1 soon as it seems short. but crysis i'm trying to get through now since I had to start all over with my Vista 64 build.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:51 PM   #74
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
...but explain how--with keeping to the boundaries of the genre--are you going to having everything "different"?
hellgate london is diablo 3 for me. tweked inventory and skill tree's, but a much more palpable fps/third person view. After that, point and click seems artificial.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:52 PM   #75
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4265604/...railer_English
Old Jun 28, 2008, 03:03 PM   #76
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

not that shinyplastic look, but it looks good and beautiful
looks like wow graphic engine and again looks like blizzard is going to user friendly system requirement.
Instead of supercrazy plastic shiny graphic, that need the most recent computer to run

CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Jun 28, 2008 at 03:50 PM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:04 PM   #77
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
hellgate london is diablo 3 for me. tweked inventory and skill tree's, but a much more palpable fps/third person view. After that, point and click seems artificial.
While I do find Hellgate London to be fun, I will take a birds eye 3rd person perspective over FPS any day. FPS perspective games are a dime a dozen, and have never really interested me that much to begin with.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:06 PM   #78
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post

I guess Diablo 2 only had 4 classes on release and then the Amazon came with the expansion.
That couldn't be any more wrong. D2 had 5 character classes, the Necromancer, Amazon, Barbarian, Paladin, and Sorceress. The expansion added the Assassin and the Druid.

And with each class having at least two incredibly easy to play builds, and all of them having five to ten viable builds, all of which play like completely different classes, I'd say there will be enough variety.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:52 PM   #79
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Omg Omg Omg :d
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:27 PM   #80
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I'm also apart of the 'don't see the appeal' of this game crowd. I hear people all the time stating they don't like the 'button masher' games but then praise the Diablo series . Instead of 'mash' you just say 'click'. I have played Diablo 2 and will admit that compared to other games of this genre that have tried to 'imitate' it, Blizzard does seem to keep a simple flow maintained in the game the others simply do not achieve, imo. Maybe that's the secret? Anyhoo, Blizzard does always throw out some wicked CG cuts and their opening movie is usually pure pleasure.

Dc

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:39 PM   #81
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

I remember the good old days when I spent HOURS and HOURS on Diablo 2....

Such a fantastic game, so many memories of meeting up with firends and fighting the demon hordes. I also remember the fkin hackers... RAWRRRRRRR!

Cant wait for this game, Im sold at just the name frankly...
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:57 PM   #82
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I'm also apart of the 'don't see the appeal' of this game crowd. I hear people all the time stating they don't like the 'button masher' games but then praise the Diablo series . Instead of 'mash' you just say 'click'. I have played Diablo 2 and will admit that compared to other games of this genre that have tried to 'imitate' it, Blizzard does seem to keep a simple flow maintained in the game the others simply do not achieve, imo. Maybe that's the secret? Anyhoo, Blizzard does always throw out some wicked CG cuts and their opening movie is usually pure pleasure.

Dc
Well, I have to somewhat retract some of my above comments. I just watched the hi-res gameplay movie and I'm impressed. Guess I'm remembering the bland textures from the previous titles, but gone are those days! Will definately have to keep an eye out for updates on this. Btw...thanks for the hi-res links.

Dc

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:59 PM   #83
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Someone with some skills should animate the wallpaper below so it can be used as a Vista Ultimate desktop background
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:00 PM   #84
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

That gametrailer was f'ing awsome , watched it from start to finish... WANT IT NOW!!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:00 PM   #85
soylent
Hufu

soylent is still being judged by the masses

Schweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
is the sky a blue...
Usually? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
and grass a green?
Some times.

Precautions:
Keep locked up. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. If ingested,
seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing
agents, acids.
soylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:10 PM   #86
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Wow wow wow.. gameplay is looking soo much better that last 2!! Cant wait
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:34 PM   #87
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I think too many of you are basing your reactions purely on hype at this point and not actually taking the time to think about what you're seeing.

First thing's first: The graphics are terrible. Titan Quest looked just as good and was released years ago. Starcraft 2 looks miles ahead with amazing art style, gorgeous textures, tons of detail, etc. This game looks as if they've enhanced the Warcraft 3 engine and turned it into a dungeon crawler. There is nothing impressive visually at all.

Second thing: What is there that we've seen up to this point that makes this one any different from the other dungeon crawlers out there? Sure, it's Diablo and that fact alone makes it huge, but will there be anything more than pointing and clicking that will make this one worth being excited about? And for those of you saying the videos are amazing, what the hell is so good about it? I'm seeing Diablo 2 in 3D, which has been done dozens of times. This is 2008, folks. You are seriously impressed with what you're seeing?

Call me negative or a naysayer or what not, but I think that if some of you would actually take a look at the game rather than the name, you would be sorely disappointed. Wow, another dungeon crawler. Just what we need.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:40 PM   #88
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I think too many of you are basing your reactions purely on hype at this point and not actually taking the time to think about what you're seeing.

First thing's first: The graphics are terrible. Titan Quest looked just as good and was released years ago. Starcraft 2 looks miles ahead with amazing art style, gorgeous textures, tons of detail, etc. This game looks as if they've enhanced the Warcraft 3 engine and turned it into a dungeon crawler. There is nothing impressive visually at all.

Second thing: What is there that we've seen up to this point that makes this one any different from the other dungeon crawlers out there? Sure, it's Diablo and that fact alone makes it huge, but will there be anything more than pointing and clicking that will make this one worth being excited about? And for those of you saying the videos are amazing, what the hell is so good about it? I'm seeing Diablo 2 in 3D, which has been done dozens of times. This is 2008, folks. You are seriously impressed with what you're seeing?

Call me negative or a naysayer or what not, but I think that if some of you would actually take a look at the game rather than the name, you would be sorely disappointed. Wow, another dungeon crawler. Just what we need.
You are a negative naysayer!

Graphics look fine, Titan Quest was a bore fest, Starcraft isn't comparable to Diablo, dungeon crawlers are fine if done properly, the names of Blizzard and Diablo still mean something (huge) in todays gaming world and yes, we're impressed with what we are seeing.
Now go back to playing Crysis or other generic shooters or whatever keeps you satisfied in 2008...
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:43 PM   #89
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Now go back to playing Crysis or other generic shooters or whatever keeps you satisfied in 2008...
Team Fortress 2 is one of the few PC games I've been able to stomach recently, despite the fact that the updates have sort of turned me away from it for the past couple weeks.

I loved The Witcher, though. I wish we could get other games like that. Granted, it's pretty different from Diablo but that's just an example of one of the 'RPGs' I've actually thought was awesome for PC recently.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:00 PM   #90
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Vid looks good, one thing that bothers me a bit is the removal of health potions, not sure why they needed to do that to be honest.

Graphics look fine, although I think they changed the art style a bit too much, seems more anime styled or something.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote