Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 5, 2019, 01:00 PM   #601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
People sending threats are a bunch of fat ****ing pussies. Developers are free to do what you want, same as the consumer is free to be pissed and not buy it, but sending threats? Billy the 350lb ****ing sloth telling you to kill yourself shouldn’t matter much.

I do understand how it must feel to be close to your consumer audience and have a good rapport, and then have that ruined by a decision that doesn’t technically have an affect on the development or design of the game. That has to be frustrating.

Human beings are just garbage..
I don't agree at all with EPIC exclusives, but I would never threaten or rage against a company for doing it. I'm a little irritated sure (for a couple of games), but that's no reason to hate somebody who hasn't screwed up their game.

Now when they charge me full price for a game and it's a buggy mess with game breaking bugs, yeah that will piss me off a little more (still I wouldn't threaten anything short of never buying their products again).

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2019, 04:08 PM   #602
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

wouldn't be as bad if EPIC did look and run like crap

I regret buying the only game I have on it metro exodus
it (the store) was freezing and crashing

have not looked at it since hope it is better now
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2019, 05:23 PM   #603
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

While i agree about all the hate and threats dont be blinded by it. That duo making ooblets are actually dicks. They just told all their patreons to go **** themselves because they dont neeed their money any more.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2019, 07:56 PM   #604
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thousands of "threatening" messages. I'm skeptical. I see lots of articles claiming so, but no real examples.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2019, 08:07 PM   #605
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Thousands of "threatening" messages. I'm skeptical. I see lots of articles claiming so, but no real examples.

Quote:
All publicity is good publicity, as long as they spell your name right." "The best publicity is well-planned and thought-out." "All publicity is good if it is intelligent." "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2019, 08:48 PM   #606
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
While i agree about all the hate and threats dont be blinded by it. That duo making ooblets are actually dicks. They just told all their patreons to go **** themselves because they dont neeed their money any more.
They are pulling out all the stops to make sure people know that they don't give a **** about them buying their game anymore. They are guaranteed money from Epic now so any illusion of customer relations is gone.

If Epic wants to reap some positive PR, they should pull the contract on those knobs and make it clear getting a contract with them doesn't mean the customer gets put on the back burner.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:38 AM   #607
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

I don't think Epic is particularly worried about making potential customers happy either. Their method of winning customers is to not give them any other choice.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:08 AM   #608
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Mutant Year Zero now free. Man this epic thing is not bad at all.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:18 AM   #609
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yup. That's what I thought about Amazon's Android Store; Free stuff every day? Eventually they just ran out of stuff to give away.

I have been waiting for Mutant Year Zero since I let its Humble Bundle pass.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.

Last edited by Bires : Aug 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:36 AM   #610
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 03:01 PM   #611
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Epic denys store usage after exclusive refusal

Epic really wants to piss off the most people it can it seems.

https://medium.com/@info_68117/why-i...q-7ee834ed0ac7
Old Aug 18, 2019, 03:07 PM   #612
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Merged thread

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 04:16 PM   #613
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Where’s all the dumbasses that were saying Epic store is “great for competition” and good for developers? All they’re doing is pigeonholing people into their store with money guarantees with no regard whatsoever for the consumer.

Idiots.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 04:24 PM   #614
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They did it the wrong way. They should have passed on some of the savings the devs got early on to the consumers. Then they would have thrived even with less features. Instead they said, "hold my beer while I throw $$$"

Idiots is right!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 02:09 AM   #615
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
They did it the wrong way. They should have passed on some of the savings the devs got early on to the consumers. Then they would have thrived even with less features. Instead they said, "hold my beer while I throw $$$"

Idiots is right!
I don't think not passing through savings onto consumers was a mistake. The messaging at the start was very clear: they're passing savings onto developers. Gamers aren't the ones having trouble making ends meet from game to game because of profitability of games, that issue is an issue for developers. It's pretty standard in the industry that if your last game was a hit, that'll pay for the next one, and if it wasn't a hit, you're in trouble.

Passing savings onto developers so that they've got an easier time of it, especially in the AA and indie tiers, would've been a great message to keep spreading around.

The trouble was of course buying up exclusives, just before launch, against an avid Steam fan base. I don't think anything else has played such a big part in the negative attitude towards the Epic Store as that.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 05:25 AM   #616
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They should have used the passing savings onto the developers and then left it at that, or maybe used the money to FUND gaming development of their own games, or paying for exclusive sequels or stuff that maybe wouldn't get funded today without kickstarter.

However they basically just say here's loads of money, don't release on steam kthxbai. Which is just a dick move.

HOWEVER, it doesn't seem like that it's having much of a issue as I still see many people buying games on Epic store, so in the end they'll probably win.

However one silver lining is that I really hope they kicks gabe in the balls so that he starts making games again, Steam is going to need 1.the client overhaul which has been in development forever, and only the friends and chat list is the only thing released so far. 2. and more big name games besides Halo, i.e. Portal 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 etc (no point saying hl3 )

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 07:44 AM   #617
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Buying up exclusives (let's be honest, store front exclusives, not platform exclusives) isn't such a big issue I think, so long as it's done ahead of time. The later in the development process you leave it, the bigger the backlash it seems, especially as developers have by then already promised Steam releases.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 08:50 AM   #618
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
The trouble was of course buying up exclusives, just before launch, against an avid Steam fan base. I don't think anything else has played such a big part in the negative attitude towards the Epic Store as that.
Have they done anything directly for the paying customers in developed countries (besides letting you disable updates for games?) If not, then I think that's also part of the trouble...
borat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:18 AM   #619
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Have they done anything directly for the paying customers in developed countries
Yes, as noted a couple pages back,
"EGS has regional scaling that works a lot better in many parts of the world. I have quite a few friends in developing countries that purchased Metro instead of pirating it because instead of the hundreds of their dollars they have to pay for one game on Steam, it was about the equivalent of 20 bucks or so for them, which put it in their affordable range. I'm sure most of them will be returning customers on Epic's platform.

I'm glad someone is trying to shake up the 'effective monopoly' that Steam has had for a while now."
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:20 AM   #620
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm not since their way of doing it means more expensive games for me.

Call me back when they actually do something beneficial for my market, right now EGS is simply an inferior launcher with zero benefits for me.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:04 AM   #621
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That's why I mentioned developed countries. I was acknowledging the regional thing.

EDIT: Mangler, how are games more expensive for you?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:26 AM   #622
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Because I bought my steam titles from authorized third party stores, and you don't have as many of those to choose from when it comes to the EGS exclusive titles since epic behaves more like a company trying to have a monopoly than valve does.

Honestly, all launchers/stores kind of sucks for Swedes, since we fall under the 59.9€ umbrella when our local/retail stores prices for AAA pc games are ~49€.

Last edited by Mangler : Aug 19, 2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:50 AM   #623
Mangler
PC

Great news, the developer of hades finally has an official forum!

Old Aug 22, 2019, 04:25 PM   #624
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ugh. That "official " forum is a cesspool of EGS noise. I do not like my community sometimes.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 08:05 PM   #625
borat
Radeon R700

Ugh, that makes a lot of sense, Mangler (buying Epic games from other stores). It appears as though I'm in the same boat, with new gmaes at least....

Still, Far Cry Primal complete for $5.50 seems VERY good! (It's on the actual Epic store)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 09:44 PM   #626
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Ugh, that makes a lot of sense, Mangler (buying Epic games from other stores). It appears as though I'm in the same boat, with new gmaes at least....

Still, Far Cry Primal complete for $5.50 seems VERY good! (It's on the actual Epic store)
Ubisoft's own store has a big sale including that game.
Check it out there and maybe you could just add the game to steam.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:42 AM   #627
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Purchased the game for 4.39 smacks on Epic. Wow. Ubi wanted about 10 bucks still.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 03:53 PM   #628
borat
Radeon R700

Damn I actually thought Epic was giving me a deal. How foolish of me...
Old Aug 24, 2019, 08:06 PM   #629
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Primal is epic, bros, so get it on epic, bros.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:29 PM   #630
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Damn I actually thought Epic was giving me a deal. How foolish of me...
Once installed you don’t need Epic store.